YouAndMeForever

HELP!: My fiance found only one W2, is this enough? (I-134)

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My USC fiance and I are gathering documents I will need for my upcoming K1 interview.

But we have a serious problem.

He only has the most recent Form W2, he doesn't find the Form 1040 (tax return).

He doesn't find the W2 and 1040 for 2012 either.

We do have an employer letter, bank statement, and the last 12 paystubs (6 months) as a supporting evidence for The I-134 Form (Affindavit Of Support).

My fiance earns more than the 125% of the poverty guidelines, so he is my sponsor.

What can we do now?

Will I get denied at the interview because I have only one W2 (the most recent one) to show and no 1040s?

I am pretty sure you only really need one proof of income and would only need the most current W2. I beleive you are more then covered.

I-129F Sent: 08/27/2014

NOA1: 09/02/2014

NOA2: 04/02/2015

Received by NVC: 04/20/2015

NVC Case Number: 04/21/2015

Left NVC: 04/27/2015

Medical: 04/28/2015

Embassy Ready: 4/30/2015

Packet 3 Sent: 5/02/2015

Interview/Approved: 6/17/2015

Issued: 6/29/2015

I am pretty sure you only really need one proof of income and would only need the most current W2. I beleive you are more then covered.

True, but from what I have read is that not only W2 is needed but Form 1040 too.

I am very worried about this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The 1040 is the most recent tax return. He doesn't have that? Could he go to whoever prepared his taxes for 2013 tax year? If self prepared, how were they prepared, tax software or by hand? Are tax transcripts a possible substitute?

My USC fiance and I are gathering documents I will need for my upcoming K1 interview.

He only has the most recent Form W2, he doesn't find the Form 1040 (tax return).

We do have an employer letter, bank statement, and the last 12 paystubs (6 months) as a supporting evidence for The I-134 Form (Affindavit Of Support).

My fiance earns more than the 125% of the poverty guidelines, so he is my sponsor.

What can we do now?

Will I get denied at the interview because I have only one W2 (the most recent one) to show and no 1040s?

Have him order tax transcripts from the IRS--they are free. He can scan them in and e-mail them to you if he does not mind having his SSN floating around the internet. Better to fax them or make copies and send them via mail or DHL or FedEx (I noticed you can view and print them on-line so maybe you can go on-line with his information and get the copies). The reason I suggest this is that you will need them for the affidavit of support when you file the I-864 for adjustment of status (AOS) after getting married. The USCIS will want at least one complete tax return and the tax transcript has the advantage of not needing the W-2 or other supporting documents. Each Emabssy is different as to how they handle the I-134 and supporting evidence.

Good luck,

Dave

Have him order tax transcripts from the IRS--they are free. He can scan them in and e-mail them to you if he does not mind having his SSN floating around the internet. Better to fax them or make copies and send them via mail or DHL or FedEx (I noticed you can view and print them on-line so maybe you can go on-line with his information and get the copies). The reason I suggest this is that you will need them for the affidavit of support when you file the I-864 for adjustment of status (AOS) after getting married. The USCIS will want at least one complete tax return and the tax transcript has the advantage of not needing the W-2 or other supporting documents. Each Emabssy is different as to how they handle the I-134 and supporting evidence.

Good luck,

Dave

Thanks for the info! So if I bring his 2013 W2 and the IRS transcripts for 2013 and 2012, will it be enough? How long does it takes to get those IRS transcripts from the website?

Go online to the IRS website and you can get your tax transcript for all the years that he filled. This can be downloaded via the IRS website.

Thanks. Do you know how much it takes to get those IRS transcripts from the IRS website?

Thanks for the info! So if I bring his 2013 W2 and the IRS transcripts for 2013 and 2012, will it be enough? How long does it takes to get those IRS transcripts from the website?

If you request them to be mailed it will take about 5 working days. If you download them it wil depend on our internet speed.

Dave

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What can we do now?

No you will not be denied. Go to the IRS website and download whats called a "IRS Tax transcript" for as many years as you need. You do not have to wait for them just log in fill in a bunch of personal data and you can download them. There is even a section where it asks what you need them for and you can choose Immigration. In your case its your US fiance who would be doing this. If you search posts about Tax Transcripts most people are saying that if you have them the consulate does not even want to see W2 or 1040 just the transcripts, also many people have said that they only wanted to see the transcript for the past year but i sent two years to my fiance just to be safe. Even in the I-134 application it says Tax Transcripts preferred.

Minden rendben lesz! Gratulalok és sok szerencsét!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thank you for your help! (F) My fiancé will download the last two years' tax transcript from the IRS website today. :) Köszönöm ;)

If you have the transcripts you need NOTHING else to support those. The IRS transcripts are the most desirable form of proof of tax filings.

USA NATURALIZATION CITIZEN :-------------------------------------------------------
08-13-2014 - N-400 mailed priority Phoenix lockbox
08-1x-2014 - N-400 package accepted

08-20-2014 - Check cashed

09-xx-2014 - NOA bio-metrics appointment

09-18-2014 - Bio-metrics appointment Columbus office

09-22-2014 - NOA letter scheduled interview 10-30-2014

10-30-2014 - Naturalization interview and test Columbus Ohio office.

Application changed to five year as mark reached while waiting for interview

Passed civic test and interview recommends approval !!!

10-30-2014 - NOA hand letter stating recommendation for approval and wait for letter of approval and oath
11-13-2014 - Case Status updated "We scheduled your oath ceremony"

11-14-2014 - NOA letter final interview and oath Tuesday 11-25-2014

11-25-2014 - Final red tape and oath ceremony Columbus, Ohio Officially a US Citizen!!!

- Applied US Passport at local post office

08-2016 - Received 10 year Q2 visa to visit China as a US citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.