dwheels76

December 2014 Interviews

1,806 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am waiting for an interview date, case complete was over a week ago, does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear back with an interview date?

Thanks

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

New Delhi consulate. Punjab.

For Medical

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/NWD%20-%20New%20Delhi.pdf

For Bio-metrics/Interview/Visa Pickup

http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/interviewpreparation.html

How to Apply

Starting January 1, 2014, immigrant visa applicants must complete the following steps prior to attending consular interview appointments.

Step 1

Obtain your Police Clearance Certificate from the Regional Passport Office (The validity of the PCC is one year from the date of issue. Bring the new PCC if the one you have submitted has already expired.) Also note that if you have lived in any foreign country for more than a year after reaching the age of 16 years, you are also required to submit the PCC from that country.

Note: Without the Indian police clearance certificate, you will not be allowed entry into U.S. Embassy New Delhi or U.S. Consulate Mumbai on your interview date. If you do not have your police clearance certificate in time, you will need to reschedule your appointment for a later date.

Step 2

Complete your medical examination with an approved panel physician from the list available for Mumbai Immigrant applicants at: http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/medical_examination2.html and for New Delhi Immigrant applicants at http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/medical_report.html.

Step 3

Follow the instructions below to complete the DS-260 form online at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac. If you provided a DS-260 to NVC already, go to step 4. To complete the DS-260 you will need to retrieve the Invoice ID Number and each traveling applicant’s Beneficiary ID Number from the “Notice to Applicant” page of your appointment letter.

If you do not have an appointment letter, your Invoice ID and Beneficiary ID Numbers can also be found on the Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee Bill Invoice, you or your petitioner received prior to paying your IV fees through the National Visa Center. If your petitioner no longer has the Fee Bill Invoice, they should obtain the invoice ID number from NVC.

Be sure to read the guidelines for completing the DS 260 form carefully. All information must be correct and accurate. Once the form is submitted, you cannot make any changes. If you need assistance, please consult an immigration lawyer or translator. The call center cannot help you complete your DS-260 form.

Step 4

Print the DS-260 form confirmation page.

Step 5

You are almost ready to schedule your visa appointment! Make sure you have your Indian police clearance certificate before you log on to schedule your interview.

Next, go to www.ustraveldocs.com/in and follow the instruction to login. After login click on “Schedule Appointment” option on the left-hand side menu.This will start the process for scheduling your appointment and follow the instructions as per the below category to determine your appointment requirements:

Category 1: Visa Application Center(VAC) Appointment

• The National Visa Center (NVC) or Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) scheduled your visa interview appointment for an upcoming date.

Category 2: Consulate / Embassy Appointment

• It has been more than a year since you first came to the Embassy/Consulate for an immigrant visa interview.
  • You wish to make an application for Returning Resident status.
  • You have lost your green Card and wish to apply for a Boarding Foil (formally a transportation letter) to return to the United States.
  • You wish to surrender your green card or abandon your lawful permanent residence.
  • Your waiver has been approved.

Category 3: Visa Application Center AND Embassy/Consulate Appointments

• You missed your consulate/ embassy appointment.
  • You were informed by the consulate / embassy that your case is now ready for an interview.
Step 6

Complete your profile and also select the pickup location where you would like to receive your passport.

Step 7

For your Visa Application Centre appointment, you will need to bring:

• A passport valid for travel to the United States with validity dates at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions). If more than one person is included in your passport, each person desiring a visa must submit an application.
  • Your DS-260 confirmation page.
  • Your appointment confirmation page.
  • One photograph as per U.S. visa specifications if the applicant is under 14 years of age See the Photos and Fingerprints page for more details.
Step 8

Following your visit to the Visa Application Centre to have your photo and fingerprints taken, you will then visit the U.S. Embassy or Consulate on the date and time of your visa interview.

You will need to bring:

• Your DS-260 confirmation page stamped at the Visa Application Centre
  • Your current and all old passports,
  • Your Police Clearance Certificate from the Regional Passport Office
  • Medical examination report
  • Supporting Documents as per your visa type

Note: Applicants without both the medical report AND police clearance certificate will not be allowed entry into U.S. Embassy New Delhi or U.S. Consulate Mumbai. If you do not have your Indian police clearance certificate in time, you need to reschedule your appointment for a later date. If there is a problem with your medical report, the Panel Physician will give you separate instructions.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I am waiting for an interview date, case complete was over a week ago, does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear back with an interview date?

Thanks

Yesterday they scheduled interviews for most of the open consulates. You can call 603-334-0700.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

October 23 cc

October 31 interview scheduled

December 8 interview

I know I need to schedule a biometrics appointment at least a day before the interview through www.ustraveldocs.com (haven't gone through the steps as I don't know the wife's availability yet) and schedule the medical at least a week prior. Do I need to schedule or "accept" the interview appointment somewhere, or does my wife just show up there? Also, is there anything else that I need to be aware of or do prior to the interview (except gathering proof of the relationship)? I want to be certain I am not leaving out any steps. Thanks!

Congratulations. Welcome to the group. I have added you to the spreadsheet.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for all the help.

For the India consulates, does anyone know how long the biometrics appointments take? I see they're scheduling 56 appointments every half hour. So can I assume we will be out of there within 30 minutes? My wife will be traveling in and would like to schedule the medical the same day and accordingly to the biometrics. Thanks.

Edited by gsin123

Timeline

Thanks for all the help.

For the India consulates, does anyone know how long the biometrics appointments take? I see they're scheduling 56 appointments every half hour. So can I assume we will be out of there within 30 minutes? My wife will be traveling in and would like to schedule the medical the same day and accordingly to the biometrics. Thanks.

my interview is on dec 12 8.30 and biometrics on 11th at 16.00 hrs. u may hv to complete it at least one day prior to your visa interview.

Thanks for all the help.

15 min..max 30 min

Timeline

Thanks for all the help.

my friend said its took only 10 min

Timeline

For Medical

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/NWD%20-%20New%20Delhi.pdf

For Bio-metrics/Interview/Visa Pickup

http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/interviewpreparation.html

How to Apply

Starting January 1, 2014, immigrant visa applicants must complete the following steps prior to attending consular interview appointments.

Step 1

Obtain your Police Clearance Certificate from the Regional Passport Office (The validity of the PCC is one year from the date of issue. Bring the new PCC if the one you have submitted has already expired.) Also note that if you have lived in any foreign country for more than a year after reaching the age of 16 years, you are also required to submit the PCC from that country.

Note: Without the Indian police clearance certificate, you will not be allowed entry into U.S. Embassy New Delhi or U.S. Consulate Mumbai on your interview date. If you do not have your police clearance certificate in time, you will need to reschedule your appointment for a later date.

Step 2

Complete your medical examination with an approved panel physician from the list available for Mumbai Immigrant applicants at: http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/medical_examination2.html and for New Delhi Immigrant applicants at http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/medical_report.html.

Step 3

Follow the instructions below to complete the DS-260 form online at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac. If you provided a DS-260 to NVC already, go to step 4. To complete the DS-260 you will need to retrieve the Invoice ID Number and each traveling applicant’s Beneficiary ID Number from the “Notice to Applicant” page of your appointment letter.

If you do not have an appointment letter, your Invoice ID and Beneficiary ID Numbers can also be found on the Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee Bill Invoice, you or your petitioner received prior to paying your IV fees through the National Visa Center. If your petitioner no longer has the Fee Bill Invoice, they should obtain the invoice ID number from NVC.

Be sure to read the guidelines for completing the DS 260 form carefully. All information must be correct and accurate. Once the form is submitted, you cannot make any changes. If you need assistance, please consult an immigration lawyer or translator. The call center cannot help you complete your DS-260 form.

Step 4

Print the DS-260 form confirmation page.

Step 5

You are almost ready to schedule your visa appointment! Make sure you have your Indian police clearance certificate before you log on to schedule your interview.

Next, go to www.ustraveldocs.com/in and follow the instruction to login. After login click on “Schedule Appointment” option on the left-hand side menu.This will start the process for scheduling your appointment and follow the instructions as per the below category to determine your appointment requirements:

Category 1: Visa Application Center(VAC) Appointment

• The National Visa Center (NVC) or Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) scheduled your visa interview appointment for an upcoming date.

Category 2: Consulate / Embassy Appointment

• It has been more than a year since you first came to the Embassy/Consulate for an immigrant visa interview.
  • You wish to make an application for Returning Resident status.
  • You have lost your green Card and wish to apply for a Boarding Foil (formally a transportation letter) to return to the United States.
  • You wish to surrender your green card or abandon your lawful permanent residence.
  • Your waiver has been approved.

Category 3: Visa Application Center AND Embassy/Consulate Appointments

• You missed your consulate/ embassy appointment.
  • You were informed by the consulate / embassy that your case is now ready for an interview.
Step 6

Complete your profile and also select the pickup location where you would like to receive your passport.

Step 7

For your Visa Application Centre appointment, you will need to bring:

• A passport valid for travel to the United States with validity dates at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions). If more than one person is included in your passport, each person desiring a visa must submit an application.
  • Your DS-260 confirmation page.
  • Your appointment confirmation page.
  • One photograph as per U.S. visa specifications if the applicant is under 14 years of age See the Photos and Fingerprints page for more details.
Step 8

Following your visit to the Visa Application Centre to have your photo and fingerprints taken, you will then visit the U.S. Embassy or Consulate on the date and time of your visa interview.

You will need to bring:

• Your DS-260 confirmation page stamped at the Visa Application Centre
  • Your current and all old passports,
  • Your Police Clearance Certificate from the Regional Passport Office
  • Medical examination report
  • Supporting Documents as per your visa type

Note: Applicants without both the medical report AND police clearance certificate will not be allowed entry into U.S. Embassy New Delhi or U.S. Consulate Mumbai. If you do not have your Indian police clearance certificate in time, you need to reschedule your appointment for a later date. If there is a problem with your medical report, the Panel Physician will give you separate instructions.

You should add this to the info page here on VJ for your country portal. I know this question gets asked alot and it would be very helpful.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Hi

Just getting my medical and interview packet together . How recent does the police certificate need to be? I got it a few months back so I was we'll prepared but now I worry it might be too old! I got it in August...

Thanks

Timeline

Hi

Just getting my medical and interview packet together . How recent does the police certificate need to be? I got it a few months back so I was we'll prepared but now I worry it might be too old! I got it in August...

Thanks

They should be good for a year.

Seems most all embassies are being very relaxed and not demanding folk go get a new one. Especially my Nigeria where they expire in 3 months. But NVC being so dang slow they have said they are good for a year no matter if they expire.

Haven't read any UK people saying they needed new ones.

ROC I-751

N-400

Hi

Thanks

For the medical, Knightsbridge likes them 6 months or less but for the interview, 12.

Married New York 09/27/13Filed I-130 11/23/13Noa1 11/27/13 VSCNoa2 05/23/14 Case received nvc 6/6/14Case # and IIN 6/27/14AOS and IV invoiced 7/12/14AOS and IV paid 7/14/14DS260 submitted 7/22/14Aos and IV scan date 08/14/14Case complete 10/06/14Medical 9/22/14<p>Interview 11/17/14

POE Philadelphia 12/2/14

How do we know when our file has reached the Consulate. Do we look on the CEAC website under Check a Visa Application Status.

As soon as my file arrives at Sydney I want to email them and see if I can move the interview date up.

Thanks.

2013/9/17 - Mailed I-130

2013/9/20 - Received NOA1

2014/2/26 - Transferred to TSC

2014/3/21 - Received email NOA2

2014/3/21 - I-130 Approved

2014/3/26 - Email received File Received

2014/4/02 - NVC received file

2014/5/1 - Case Number and IIN assigned

2014/5/7 - DS-261 available and completed

2014/5/8 - AOS invoice available and paid

2014/5/9 - AOS showing as paid

2014/5/20 - AOS Package sent

2014/6/3 - AOS Scanned and Under Review

2014/6/9 - IV Fee Invoice available and Paid

2014/6/10 - DS-260 available

2014/6/10 - IV package couriered to NVC

2014/6/10 - IV invoice showing Paid

2014/6/11 - DS-260 submitted

2014/6/16 - IV package delivered to NVC

2014/6/20 - IV package scanned

2014/7/11 - Received Checklist for AOS - one tiny thing!

2014/7/15 - Checklist response couriered to NVC by Lawyers

2014/7/18 - AOS Checklist delivered to NVC

2014/7/22 - AOS Checklist scanned in

2014/8/5 - IV Checklist Received

2014/8/20 - Supervisor reviewed Adoption Certificate Checklist and found it acceptable

2014/8/26 - Couriered Singapore Police Certificate to NVC

2014/8/28 - Package delivered to NVC

2014/8/29 - IV checklist scanned in

2014/9/12 - AOS Checklist accepted

2024/10/27 - called NVC to be advised last scanned document is now September 17th, an email I sent early August and they looked at on September 17th.

2014/9/17 - last scanned date. Waiting for a Case Complete.

2014/10/30 - CASE COMPLETE

2014/11/10 - Interview Scheduled

2014/12/23 - Interview - going to try to move up a week but we will see.

2014/12/2 - interview and APPROVED

2014/12/18 - Smooth and quick POE at LAX then onto JFK by domestic

Timeline

How do we know when our file has reached the Consulate. Do we look on the CEAC website under Check a Visa Application Status.

As soon as my file arrives at Sydney I want to email them and see if I can move the interview date up.

Thanks.

Yes keep eyes on the ceac site for In-Transit is best.

This could possible be your package. It's on its way. Should be there maybe tomorrow or Thursday.

Waybill: 2822030503 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA Sign up for shipment notifications Tuesday, November 11, 2014 at 04:36 Origin Service Area: BOSTON, MA - PORTSMOUTH - USA Destination Service Area: SYDNEY - SYDNEY - AUSTRALIA Tuesday, November 11, 2014 Location Time 6 Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 04:36 5 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 02:40 4 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 02:01 Monday, November 10, 2014 Location Time 3 Departed Facility in BOSTON - USA BOSTON, MA - USA 20:47 2 Processed at BOSTON - USA BOSTON, MA - USA 17:29 1 Shipment picked up BOSTON, MA - USA 14:

Edited by dwheels76

ROC I-751

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.