Best23

THE DREADED CHECKLIST BUG!!!!!!!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

Well i got a letter from NVC early this morning that they received my I864EZ and i should expect another 60 days for them to review one line that was not correct!. my IV package was received on Sept. 17 ans was told 60 days which would have beed Nov. 17. got the checklist Oct. 23 for putting the Adjusted gross income instead of the total income on my 2013 tax line 22. so im now having to wait until the new year to get my papers reviewed. Has anybody gotten a checklist and got their case completed before the 60 days after sending in the correction for their checklist? I AM DONE WITH NVC NOW REALLY! i was hoping that my wife's case could be completed next month and hopefully see her and our unborn child by the new year but it seems it's another year before i can see them. the sad part is i will not be there for the birth of our FIRST CHILD. This is how NVC is ruining lives and family moment meant to be shared together. I talked to a supervisor who was really nice but said that was the procedure, but she would keep an eye on my case. what ever happens i have bunker for the worst. good luck to everyone.

So they're not asking for the adjusted gross income? This is the question, and to me it looks like they're asking for AGI:

My total income (adjusted gross income in IRS Form 1040EZ) as reported on my federal tax returns for the most recent three years was

~~moved to progress reports from process and procedures~~

It's an easy and very common mistake to make despite clear instructions in the I-864 instruction pdf. Normally it doesn't take the full 60 days to do the checklist review.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Good luck to everyone !

USCIS
-October 15 2013- Sent I-130
-October 18, 2013- NOA1 E-notification received.
-October 25, 2013- NOA1 hard copy received. Processing at NBC.
-March 07, 2014- Case was transferred to CSC.
-March 14, 2014- Transfer notice hard copy received (CSC).
-March 18, 2014- I-130 was approved!!!

NVC:

-March 27, 2014- NVC received
-April 28, 2014- Case# and IIN assigned
-May 02, 2014- DS-261 submitted online

-May 04, 2014- ENROLL email sent

-May 09, 2014- pay AOS and IV fees

-May 12, 2014- 88$,230$ shows paid

-May 12, 2014- DS-260 available

-May 14 2014- DS-260 completed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.