renzo15

how long does it take to get a response from NVC?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

new at this and is wondering if anybody has the same situation I have. I filled for my mother that is in the Philippines I - 130 back in Aug 2014 I did receive my first notice through email and text and received my notice of action receipt through mail I-797C . Sept 18,2014 my second notice I-797 came in stating that my petition has been approved and my original visa has been sent to the NVC in Portsmouth NH it stated to contact them if I haven't heard from them within 30 days. I also checked my status online through USCIS and said that its Post Decision Activity

On October 8, 2014, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing.

I tried emailing them through NVCINQUIRY@state.gov but still waiting for a reply.

my question is usually how long does it take to get a response back from them so I can go to the next step? and if they do are they going to mail me the next step or will they contact my mother in the Philippines? just confused of whats going to happen next.

I would really appreciate to get some help here.. thanks in advance

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can give NVC a call and provide them your email. That way, all the instructions will be sent to you. It emailed NVC before and it took at least 4 days for them to reply.

Timeline

Hi. we are in the same boat, I also filed for my moms case sometime in July, USCIS approved my case in 9/2 since then I did not get any update to where my case it, but What I did is I keep emailing NVC for how many times I did not get any reply but instead they sent me email of the case number that has been assigned and the welcome packet as well as the AOS fee instruction last week. Can I ask you did you include your email address when you fill-up F-I130? If so then yuo just need to wait coz they will eventually send you email on what to do next. But keep trying to contact them they also has these email asknvc@state.gov when you email them include the petitioners name and dob and the applicants name and dob but in the subject line you need to write the receipt number from your approved letter from uscis. Good luck.

Moms timeline: USCIS:07-28-14 Form 130 mailed

07-31-14 Mail Delivered Phoenix AZ

08-15-14 Application returned due to check error/Application resubmitted same day

08-18-14 Mail delivered/Priority date 8/30/2014

08-20-14 NOA1

09-02-14 Application Approval

09-09-14 Ship to NVC by USCISNVC:

10-22-14 NVC case recieve

10-22-14 Assigned case number

10-22-14 DS 261 Completed

10-23-14 AOS Fee paid

11-24-14 AOS Packet sent

12-04-14 IV Fee bill generated/paid online

12-07-14 DS 260 submitted online

12-22-14 IV packet/civil docs mailed 01-02-15 Acknowledgement reciept from NVC
02-27-15 Interview date receive from nvc case close
03-10&11-15 Medical

03-24-26-15 Sputum Test (result after two months 5/24-26/15)
04-09-15 Interview @ 6:15 (cancelled due to sputum test)

06-01-15 Medical Test/re-Xray negative

06-03-15 medical done

06-11-15 Interview (Passed and Approved)

Timeline

I suggest calling, not emailing. Yes, you have to keep calling and calling until you get through (thank goodness for speed dial) and then you have to wait 30+ minutes to talk to someone, but at least you'll find out right away what's going on instead of having to wait for an email response. My wife is petitioning her parents from the Philippines as well (I-130 approved back on 8/12/14), and I think calling in and talking to them has saved us A LOT of time.

You should check out some of the tutorials and shortcuts people have posted here on Visa Journey to help give you a good idea of the order of things and what to do. Here are some links that have really helped me:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/nvc-case-status

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/James's_Shortcuts

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

Timeline

We all have in the same situation. My application for my parents arrived in NVC on October 14. Until now I haven't heard anything. I called and they said, it isn't entered yet.

Timeline

I called them up today, and they did receive my case Oct 22, and said it'll take 42 days for them to go through my case. So looking around beginning of Dec to hear from them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I called them up today, and they did receive my case Oct 22, and said it'll take 42 days for them to go through my case. So looking around beginning of Dec to hear from them.

there's a 'magic conversation' you'll have with a NVC tele-operator -

when the NVC tele-operator asks you for email addresses on petitioner and beneficiary,

then

the casefile is ready for the next stage of processing.

I say, call back once a week until you have this 'magic conversation', asking for AOS Fee Bill each time.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello Everyone, its interesting to find out that so many persons are currently in the same position as i am. I just joined the group but has been following the many many conversations. I need some assistance, dont fully understand the processing time and bulleting period. I called NVC many times and i am not getting through.

My mom filed an application in 2011, PD Dec 2011, at that time she was a permanent resident, she changed her status in 2013 and updated my application form. What is the next step

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.