23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I receive my NOA2 on 09/26/14 and contacted the NVC a couple of weeks later. The NVC has assigned the case number, but informed me my case is in Administrative Processing, but wouldn't give me any any additional details as to why.

I persisted in asking what specific information they are reviewing, but would not give any information. I just contacted them today on 10/29/14, well past the 30 days and they said it could take 45 days to over 2 months or more.

I see all the NVC cases received AFTER mine that have been forwarded to the MNL embassy and this is very frustrating. I'm certain there are no issues with my petition or supporting documentation. It seems they so unfair that people who applied after me are going to front of line!

What are my options to expedite this bureaucratic BS to delay my petition getting to the embassy. The NVC states it could be 45 days to 2 mo's or more to process my case. This is completely unfair and unacceptable. I've followed the rules, submitted all the correct documentation.

Would contacting my Congressional representative help or hinder my case? I see others here who submitted their initial petition in September and already have their case at the embassy!

Flustered and angered at the hypocrisy.

Contacting your congressional rep won't hurt your case. I don't know how helpful they'll be though since NVC has given you an answer (albeit admittedly a very vague, fairly useless one).

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

A Congressman can't help you with AP. All they can do is what you can do yourself, which is inquire. USCIS are not answerable to them.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

A Congressman can't help you with AP. All they can do is what you can do yourself, which is inquire. USCIS are not answerable to them.

Not to nitpick and diverge from the original topic but:

1. I would never dissuade someone from contacting their congressional rep. They have more resources than we do, and can get more info. I don't know if that's the case in this circumstance, but they certainly can in many other instances.

2. Yes, USCIS is answerable to Congress in one important way: its budget and its authority to charge people fees. Congress has plenty of influence over executive agencies.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

I will have to disagree with you. But there you are. You will understand, that given the experience of a heap of people trying to get them to move K1's out of AP at the
NVC level, that suggestion, and many others, were mooted, and tried, to no avail. I would have to go back and search a 200+ page thread, and I am not of a mind to do that. What worked was waiting it out. With AP, that is just the nature of the beast.

I chose to spend my time stuck in that particular black hole getting my ducks lined up for the next bits. I had my medical done, and everything else ready and ready to go when the time came. Packet three sent out, and returned completed, nearly three months before my interview. I guess it is all about keeping your eyes on the prize.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Thanks for all the help, I called NVC today with Skype and I got a case number and they said my case was forwarded to Embassy on Oct 27... Im so happy!!!

please update your timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

I called this morning 8Am ET and got an answer right away...

It's actually open 7 AM Eastern Time.

I agree with calling them that early, but I also haven't had to wait long when calling at 4-5 PM Eastern time, (20-30 minutes versus 40 minutes when I call in the morning). Both have been better than when calling them after 11 PM ET(40-50 minute wait).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.