Lo Ve

Received RFE after receiving Notice of Approval

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm quite confused about how the process works. We already received a notice of approval stating that our petition is approved but the content tells just that. It didn't say anything about what is next or perhaps further instructions. Few days later, we received a letter requesting for Beneficiary's letter of intent (for marriage upon arrival in the US). Just checked the status of our case and it says that the RFE response which we have sent and they received last October 14, 2014 still being reviewed. I was just wondering why we received an RFE right after we received a notice of approval. Has anyone here experienced the same? Little help please...would really appreciate your response... :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

The online system is usually behind and sometimes gets goofy.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Did you receive any paper copies of the approvals/RFE's?

The online system is notoriously unreliable. If you have any questions on your case the only way to get any answers is to call and ask for a Tier 2 IO on the misinformation line.

When you call the misinformation line, you'll need to give them your information (case #, etc). they have to pull your information up to pass you along to a T2 IO. Once you give them your information, ask to speak with a T2 IO, and inform them that it is case specific. If you have to, be insistent. The Tier 1 IO's cannot help you.

They ask if you want a call back within 5 days: decline. They'll transfer you to the queue for the T2 IO's and it'll be a very long wait. Typically about 1-2 hours. There will be an option to opt into their callback service. Opt into this, and follow the prompts. The service will call you back when you're up next in line to speak with a T2 IO, you will not lose your place nor waste your time with your ear glued to a phone listening to the wonderful music they play.

Once you're there ask the T2 IO what your 129-F status is, as you got two notices and you're confused to have gotten an RFE right after an approval.

You could've gotten a 'false positive' on the approval (has happened before), or you could've gotten the RFE, then the IO noticed that you had what the RFE was asking for and proceeded to approve you, or the RFE could've been a false positive as well. Who knows, USCIS does some bizarre things sometimes, and there's a lot of human error that occurs with the process.

Good Luck!

Edited by d3adc0d3

~ Don't forget to 'Vote Up' useful advice from others ~

K1 Visa Journey [April 11, 2013 - August 31, 2014]
[2014-09-20] !!! WEDDING !!!
[2014-09-22] Applied for SSN
[2014-09-26] Marriage License in Snail Mail
[2014-10-22] Notification of SSC in mail, will arrive "within 2 weeks"
[2014-10-27] SSC Arrived!

2015-04-30] Mailed AOS Package!
[2015-06-16] EAD Approved!
[2015-06-16] AP Approved!
[2015-06-23] EAD/AP Card Received!

[2015-10-02] AOS Approved (No Interview)!

[2015-10-07] Greencard Mailed

[2015-10-09] Approval Notice Recieved

[2015-10-09] Greencard Recieved!

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Igor's List | Advanced Search Tool | Q&A With a Former USCIS Adjudicator
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

Oh thanks a lot for the info d3adc0d3! :)

Yes we received hardcopies for both the approval and RFE. We did try to call USCIS again to clarify before I've read your response...hehe...but that wasn't a tier 2 IO & the personnel just said we should wait 60 days from the time they got the response before we call them again if we still don't receive anything (pertaining to the RFE review). But, ughh 60 days is too long.. :( though nothing is too expensive nor too long nor too tiring for love.. :) But, we've already had more than enough of all this waiting & on & off long distance relationship in about a decade now. :( Hope all this waiting will be over soon.

Will take your advice d3adc0d3 really appreciate it thanks a lot! Take care! :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm quite confused about how the process works. We already received a notice of approval stating that our petition is approved but the content tells just that. It didn't say anything about what is next or perhaps further instructions. Few days later, we received a letter requesting for Beneficiary's letter of intent (for marriage upon arrival in the US). Just checked the status of our case and it says that the RFE response which we have sent and they received last October 14, 2014 still being reviewed. I was just wondering why we received an RFE right after we received a notice of approval. Has anyone here experienced the same? Little help please...would really appreciate your response... :)

You had gotten a RFE regarding the Letter of Intent to marry and had responded to that and USCIS received it on 14 Oct? Now you received the NOA2 stating you are approved. Sounds like the government at it's best. :lol:

I would not rely on the info on the online system. I would suggest for "what is next" to contact NVC 7-10 days after you received the NOA2 and make an inquiry about your MNL # . If everything is actually approved at USCIS this is where your case file will go next. There is a link below in my signature with details for contacting NVC and for the process in Manila, follow the flashing arrow. (if NVC keeps stating your case file has not arrived from USCIS it may be good to contact a tier 2 at USCIS)

Once you have your MNL # it will be ROCK n ROLL time!

And once you do have your MNL # ... pop over to the Philippines forum, you will get better answers relating to the process at USEM.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Oh thanks a lot for the info d3adc0d3! :)

Yes we received hardcopies for both the approval and RFE. We did try to call USCIS again to clarify before I've read your response...hehe...but that wasn't a tier 2 IO & the personnel just said we should wait 60 days from the time they got the response before we call them again if we still don't receive anything (pertaining to the RFE review). But, ughh 60 days is too long.. :( though nothing is too expensive nor too long nor too tiring for love.. :) But, we've already had more than enough of all this waiting & on & off long distance relationship in about a decade now. :( Hope all this waiting will be over soon.

Will take your advice d3adc0d3 really appreciate it thanks a lot! Take care! :)

What is the date on the I-797C approval and the date on the RFE?

What does your case status say on the USCIS case status checker?

Edited by d3adc0d3

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

I just checked my email and here's what I got. Does this mean our case has been approved this time? How many times do they send approval? Wow, this is even more confusing than I thought..

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: *************

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On October 29, 2014, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Timeline

I just checked my email and here's what I got. Does this mean our case has been approved this time? How many times do they send approval? Wow, this is even more confusing than I thought..

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: *************

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On October 29, 2014, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Possibly, if you can tell me the dates on your hardcopies like I asked before I can give you more of a solid answer.

Have you called to speak with a Tier 2 IO yet?

Useful Links:

@d3adcod3... Oh yea that so sorry wasn't able to answer. By the way we got our NOA1 August 29, NOA2 Sept. 19, RFE Sept. 25, they received our RFE response October 14, then our status changed to post decision activity October 29.

We haven't talked to a Tier 2 yet. We'll try to call NVC within the day.

Timeline

@d3adcod3... Oh yea that so sorry wasn't able to answer. By the way we got our NOA1 August 29, NOA2 Sept. 19, RFE Sept. 25, they received our RFE response October 14, then our status changed to post decision activity October 29.

We haven't talked to a Tier 2 yet. We'll try to call NVC within the day.

Okay, so that helps a ton!

My guess is either your NoA2 was sent out in error, or whilst finishing up the process the IO noticed that you were missing something and issued an RFE. Then when you responded to the RFE, they then re-approved or approved the case.

Sounds like you're definitely approved now! Congrats! It's marked now as being shipped to the NVC.

They ship these in batches, so it can take a few weeks before NVC gets it, so call NVC in 2 weeks to see if you have a case # yet. You'll need that case # to check the status of your visa application via the CEAC case status checker, and to finish filing the paperwork!

Useful Links:

@d3adc0d3

Wow really?? Yeyyy! Oh goodness! Now I'm excited! ♡♡♡ :-D

I hope NVC gives our MNL case number within this month so I can proceed with the rest of the process already and God-willing all goes smoothly. I wish my partner & I can be together already come Christmas 2014. Thanks a lot that really helped! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.