Janelle2002

Mormon Church Admits For First Time That Founder Joseph Smith Had A 14-Year-Old Bride

113 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

You may be on the right path there but you forget that laws are made for a reason.

Many proponents of lowering or eliminating the age of consent like yourself, have sought redress of these laws. Their argument however could not support the notion that a 14-year old is mature enough to consent to marriage.

Thanks!

Perfect example of modern PC bullying. In one era, the vast majority of states have 10 year age of consent. In another, people are harassed for even pointing it out.

It is so interesting that in the age of increasing acceptance of gays, lesbians, plural relationships, etc. that the opposite has occurred with youth - the age of consent has steadily been raised as the bar is lowered for everyone else.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Is that what you're saying? Are you suggesting 10 year old minors should be able to have sex with adults?

I'm pretty positive that's exactly was he's suggesting. I was confused by his initial statement where I thought he was saying we should bring back the good ol days of raping of 10 year olds or that it is not hard/traumatic/painful for 10 years to have sex.

:wow:

Where is the face for What tha Fock? VJ, can we please add this?

We do need this. ASAP. Edited by aaydrian

You may be on the right path there but you forget that laws are made for a reason.

Many proponents of lowering or eliminating the age of consent like yourself, have sought redress of these laws. Their argument however could not support the notion that a 14-year old is mature enough to consent to marriage.

mentally nor physically developed. lowering it to 14 is a pedophille's dream

I'm pretty positive that's exactly was he's suggesting.

We do need this. ASAP.

Where is the suggestion box?

Timeline

You must be considerate of cultural differences. Until not too long ago, the age of consent in Russia was 14. Culturally or driven by economic forces, it may still be acceptable in that country that an adult male engage in sexual relations with a 14-yo, whereas in the US would be considered statutory rape. From a western point of view it is a sad state of affairs, but not necessarily so in other areas of the globe.

This is a frightening statement. Are you suggesting 10 year olds are being unnecessarily coddled from sex?

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Not all of us believe we came from Noah. The US govt actually defines this type of relationship as rape. And that's just what it is. A 14 year old? Smh.

Oh yeah? Show me the laws of the US in the early 100 that say 14 is too young. It was common back then to marry around the age of 15.

Edited by DavenRoxy

Timeline

Thence the worldwide crackdown on sex tourism, especially where children are involved.

mentally nor physically developed. lowering it to 14 is a pedophille's dream

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh yeah? Show me the laws of the US in the early 100 that say 14 is too young. It was common back then to marry around the age of 15.

Slavery was legal in the early 100. That doesn't make it right. There is nothing in this world that would convince me a 14 year old is ready for marriage. What you had then was kids falling into a marriage they had to honor because it would be a disgrace to their family and a sin to divorce. What a life

RLogan says 9 years olds were fair game in the country at some point. Not even near puberty but who are we to judge? Its a travesty.

Slavery was legal in the early 100. That doesn't make it right. There is nothing in this world that would convince me a 14 year old is ready for marriage. What you had then was kids falling into a marriage they had to honor because it would be a disgrace to their family and a sin to divorce. What a life

RLogan says 9 years olds were fair game in the country at some point. Not even near puberty but who are we to judge? Its a travesty.

:ranting::thumbs::ranting::ranting::protest::protest::protest::protest:

Thence the worldwide crackdown on sex tourism, especially where children are involved.

Thank goodness for people who were judging what is right and what is wrong. whew

It was right for the times, wasn't it? Sure was. So was marrying girls so young it causes people today to gasp. But Guess what? It's still happening today. The world's youngest grandmother is only 23. Do the math.

And I know several women who lost their virginity at 12 and 13 years of age. It still happens.

Per some they think 10 is okay. Should we go lower? Let's start the bidding at 7 years old shall we. Do I hear a 7?

Oh come on now. Rlogan never said it's how it should be today. He simply pointed out that was the way it was done back then. Which is true.

And when you consider all of us today came from Noah's family... Oh the horror of incest!! And yet, it was the norm in ancient times.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It was right for the times, wasn't it? Sure was. So was marrying girls so young it causes people today to gasp. But Guess what? It's still happening today. The world's youngest grandmother is only 23. Do the math.

And I know several women who lost their virginity at 12 and 13 years of age. It still happens.

Kids having sex with other kids is a bit different than being married off to a man. That's the appalling part to me. An adult man manipulating a female child. Its disgusting.

Kids having sex with other kids is a bit different than being married off to a man. That's the appalling part to me. An adult man manipulating a female child. Its disgusting.

Got it. But it wouldn't disgust you so if you lived back when it was the norm.