London Embassy Graduates Thread

542 posts in this topic

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I bet your packet ......those tabs on the bottom and two hole punched at the top....

*covers my eyes*

Do my job skills really show THAT much on here?

Hmmm....If I'm that good, I need a raise.....

:lol:

Estella, I hope you got the other thing sorted...I posted a few suggestions for you but I think they got lost in the "crash"... (F)

Rebecca, I just know that you always have an answer to my often off the wall questions so if I sat there punching holes and making those weirdo bottom tabs out of card stock then you sure as heck did! :lol:

Kiki I swear I thought that maybe be question crashed the entire server, can I be anymore insane? :whistle: Robinlake gave me a great idea about paypal, so I think I will just have Adam keep his UK bank account and link it to paypal so we can transfer funds between US and UK but that since I have the money now, I will just go to my bank and have them write an international money order to pay off his credit card. Then send it to Abbey in the UK and we should be done and dusted. I am trying not to worry about things anymore, because if I really want to stress I would be stressing that I don't have anything to wear and I'm getting married in less than two months. But I'm not! :P

Huffy congrats on the SSN!

Marie - NYC, USA

Adam - Birmingham/Manchester, UK

Stick a pony in me pocket!

Awww Marie I just realized you and Adam are getting married 1 week after Paul and I!! (F)

Ain't love grand? (L)

Stacy :luv:

Stacy (USA) & Paul (UK)

AOS Timeline

03/18/06 Our Wedding Day!

05/22/06 Sent off AOS/EAD package!

08/17/06 Rec'd EAD in the post!

11/08/06 Applied for AP via E-file.

12/26/06 Rec'd AP in post.

02/08/07 AOS interview - pending FBI name check.

06/30/07 Sent off EAD *renewal*!

09/04/07 Rec'd EAD in post.

11/07/07 Applied for AP *renewal* via E-file!

11/30/07 Rec'd AP in post.

04/11/08 Rec'd 10 YEAR GREENCARD!!!!!! :)

Eleven weeks from today, I'll be at the airport, waiting for Ewen.

:D

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello all. Sorry I haven't been on the forum for quite a while, like everyone, everything is getting to me, just having second thoughts again over and over again. Things go to plan and then they don't. Sad news happening on top and most of all, my eldest daughter who's not emigrating with me, think she'll never see her sister and brother again which she will and she just doesn't understand this situation and just don't know what's happening. :( I have to lie to her and tell her that we're coming back in a few weeks time instead of 2 years. What if those weeks are up and expects us to come back then, then what. I'm in that "I don't know what to do" situation. I've got everything packed now and keep thinking, do I pack more or wait until nearer to May and then started to think, no I'd better not just incase my plans don't go to how I expect them to go. I just wish these remaining weeks would hurry up. I love my daughter to bits and would take her with me but I couldn't see my ex partner have more heartache cause he might think I'm taking them completely away from him. I know she can visit us in the school holidays but just can't see him saving money up to fly on a plane with her even if I met half way.

Sorry for moaning and whining as usual but I don't have no friends here to talk to and that's the truth. There's not a lot of people that I will be missing when I go.

Alison.

P.S. Congratulations to Huffy with the SSN and Rebeccajo and Wes with their interview and to anyone else too.

Edited by Alison

Alison West Midlands (England) and Scott Michigan (USA)

05/31/03 Met Online.

07/03 Fell in love

08/24/03 I visit Scott for first time and got engaged :)

02/04 Scott came to England for first tme

04/20/04 My son and I went to visit Scott

08/10/04 Both children came with me to visit Scott.

12/21/04 Scott came for Christmas

03/01/05 My son and I went to visit

06/19/05 Last UK holiday

12/05 Scott is coming to spend Christmas again

06/28/05 I-129F package received at Nebraska Centre.

07/05/05 Scott's received first NOA.

09/01/05 NOA2 was mailled

09/02/05 NOA2 approved in email

09/08/05 Approved case sent to Department of State for visa processing

09/23/05 Email Confirmation of Case Number from NVC

09/26/05 Scott received Letter with case number from NVC

10/03/05 Booked Medical for 31st October at 11.10am

10/03/05 Received Packets 3 from Embassy

10/11/05 Sent Packet 3 To Embassy

11/10/05 Packet 3 and Checklist completed by Visa Branch

11/23/05 Email of interview date and also Packet 4 arrived

12/20/05 Scott comes over for two weeks

12/21/05 Interview at 11.00am, Approved

12/23/05 Received vias's in the post

01/04/06 Scott goes home :(

05/18/06 Emigrate to Michigan

07/15/06 Getting married

Alison, you have got to tell your daughter the truth! How is she going to feel when you're not back "in a few weeks" and she realizes you lied to her? She is most certainly going to expect to see you back in a few weeks, I would think. :(

You say she's your eldest; how old is she? No matter her age, she needs to prepare herself for the reality that she might not see you for a number of months, and be ready to cope with that. Please talk to her father about how best to level with her. If I were her, I would be absolutely devastated, knowing that my mother lied to me about something so major.

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

--Neil Finn

Pax is right, Alison. Also why would it be 2 years before you could go back? Once you have AP, you can go right then and there for a visit.

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline
Alison, you have got to tell your daughter the truth! How is she going to feel when you're not back "in a few weeks" and she realizes you lied to her? She is most certainly going to expect to see you back in a few weeks, I would think. :(

You say she's your eldest; how old is she? No matter her age, she needs to prepare herself for the reality that she might not see you for a number of months, and be ready to cope with that. Please talk to her father about how best to level with her. If I were her, I would be absolutely devastated, knowing that my mother lied to me about something so major.

It was my ex partner's fault who suggested it that I should lie to her. He told me this yesterday that she kept thinking that she wouldn't see us again but she will. I don't want to lie to her, I couldn't do such a thing. But he's the awkward one and tries to make things more difficult. She's 11, she has special needs and one of her problems with special needs is understanding. I can cope to not seeing her, I mean, I'll have tears we all will but how am I suppose to say goodbye to her when she knows we are emigrating and that she will get very emotional, this is the hardest part of it all. Sorry I have tears now. We will be coming back for sure cause of my foster parents and my sisters too, we have the webcam and will have a routine that we all see her and vice versa at 4pm Scott's time where it will be 9pm UK time.

Pax is right, Alison. Also why would it be 2 years before you could go back? Once you have AP, you can go right then and there for a visit.

But I thought you have to wait until the 2 year period is up before you can visit? Sorry for double posting.

05/31/03 Met Online.

07/03 Fell in love

06/19/05 Last UK holiday

07/15/06 Getting married

First of all, Tracy is right: As soon as you have AP, which only takes 2 or 3 months to process, you can visit for a few days, a few weeks...whatever you like. Of course, you need to keep tabs on how your AOS is processing and not be out of the country for months on end, but nothing will stop you from making visits.

Second of all, I've worked with special-needs children and I have a cousin who is highly functional but retarded with mild autism...and it is even more important to be honest and clear with your daughter because of her special needs. You need to put it across in a way that she will understand, but my experience with my cousin is that he needs to be prepared carefully and thoroughly for any disruptions in his usual routine, and you cannot promise things to him that you don't intend to deliver. Your ex's intentions were noble, I'm sure, but you and he need to decide on how to tell your daughter the truth.

:: hugs ::

--Neil Finn

As long as you show that you are still intending to adjust status and have your legal home here, there is no reason you can't visit the UK after you get AP. In fact, you could even request emergency AP and list your special needs daughter as the reason for it. Even if it wasn't granted, you should still have 'regular' AP in about, what, two months ?

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

I wouldn't be coming back to the UK, US will be my new home and that's where I belong. But may I ask what a AP is?

My other daughter who is coming with me was diagnosed as severley autistic. When my other daughter Fiona comes to spends some time with us, I have tried to explain it to her but now I know that we can still visit as long as we come back, then I am sure she will be over the moon :)

05/31/03 Met Online.

07/03 Fell in love

06/19/05 Last UK holiday

07/15/06 Getting married

Alison...I'm a little bit confused. AP=Advance Parole. Many people file for AP with their AOS package, using form I-131. The result is a permit that you carry with your passport when you travel, after you use your K-1 but before your AOS is complete, which allows you to re-enter the U.S. after you leave for a period of time. It has nothing to do with returning to the UK to live. In fact, if you planned on returning to the UK to live, the AP would be of no use to you.

Don't mean to bug ya, dear, but are you telling me you've come this far in the process and know nothing about AOS/AP? ;)

--Neil Finn

Timeline
Alison...I'm a little bit confused. AP=Advance Parole. Many people file for AP with their AOS package, using form I-131. The result is a permit that you carry with your passport when you travel, after you use your K-1 but before your AOS is complete, which allows you to re-enter the U.S. after you leave for a period of time. It has nothing to do with returning to the UK to live. In fact, if you planned on returning to the UK to live, the AP would be of no use to you.

Don't mean to bug ya, dear, but are you telling me you've come this far in the process and know nothing about AOS/AP? ;)

You're not bugging me at all dear :D I've only looked at the actual form and have printed it out so I know what to fill in. But as for the rest, no I don't know much, sorry.

05/31/03 Met Online.

07/03 Fell in love

06/19/05 Last UK holiday

07/15/06 Getting married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.