aussiewench

London Embassy Graduates Thread

542 posts in this topic

Today's update on the whole DS-3025 thing:

C calls Nuffield Birmingham this morning. They put him on hold for ages. Finally gets to a real person. He is told that this department is out to lunch, so they leave a message. Fairynuff we thought. So the long and short of it is, between May and November 2005 (!!!!) they have lost the records of the immigration medicals. All that they have was an invoice from the billing department showing the jabs he was given. They did fax that to us today. We were told they only keep records for about 3 months before they go offf to the records department or whatever, but the records department seems to have misplaced some 6 months worth of medical records, misplaced, lost, who knows really.

I'm holding a paid invoice that says he had 2 jabs in England. The rest of it is anybody's guess I suppose, since he has no vaccination record from growing up. Such a thing wasnt commonplace at that time, and there was no way to get any records from a retired GP.

Bleh, poor guy. He HATES needles.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

On top of all of this we're trying to find out if he can transfer his pharmacy degree so he can begin to take equivalency exams to be board certified here in Texas/US, plus getting ready to leave for the wedding. So much to do, I think my head is going to explode. ARGH!

/end rant

--Shawna :luv:

C & S in Texas

Bodyluxe by Shawna - Affordable Luxury

23 Sep 2005 - Interview in London - APPROVED!!!

05 Jan 2006 - C's Arrival in the US!!! <3

07 Mar 2006 - C applies for SSN

14 Mar 2006 - C receives SSN by mail

17 Mar 2006 - Wedding in Vegas

07 Apr 2006 - C gets his TX Driver's Licence

09 May 2006 - D.O.R.A AOS appointment - 9:45am - Successful

18 May 2006 - NOA Arrived

30 May 2006 - Biometrics Appointment Letter Arrived

02 Jun 2006 - Biometrics Appointment

03 Jul 2006 - Email that says Welcome Letter in the mail! :)

05 Jul 2006 - Email that says Card has been ordered and is incoming!

12 Jul 2006 - Greencard Arrived! WOOHOO!

31 Mar 2008 - I751 Packet mailed

07 Apr 2008 - Check Cashed

14 Apr 2008 - Biometrics letter arrived

07 May 2008 - Biometrics

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi. Okay, me and my two kiddo's are having our last Hepatitis B injections beginning of May just before we leave but I have a few questions. Well I don't know if I've had the chicken pox injection and the kids have had chicken pox, Claire when she was 3 and Dominic last August. Do we need to get the varicella injections done but where do we go because Scott and his family have never had the doctor in their lives and don't even know where the nearest one is and who is the cheapest? Other question is, I'd like to have my hospital records of when I had the kids but I don't want to pay a huge fee to have them photocopied? What do I do???

Alison.

Alison West Midlands (England) and Scott Michigan (USA)

05/31/03 Met Online.

07/03 Fell in love

08/24/03 I visit Scott for first time and got engaged :)

02/04 Scott came to England for first tme

04/20/04 My son and I went to visit Scott

08/10/04 Both children came with me to visit Scott.

12/21/04 Scott came for Christmas

03/01/05 My son and I went to visit

06/19/05 Last UK holiday

12/05 Scott is coming to spend Christmas again

06/28/05 I-129F package received at Nebraska Centre.

07/05/05 Scott's received first NOA.

09/01/05 NOA2 was mailled

09/02/05 NOA2 approved in email

09/08/05 Approved case sent to Department of State for visa processing

09/23/05 Email Confirmation of Case Number from NVC

09/26/05 Scott received Letter with case number from NVC

10/03/05 Booked Medical for 31st October at 11.10am

10/03/05 Received Packets 3 from Embassy

10/11/05 Sent Packet 3 To Embassy

11/10/05 Packet 3 and Checklist completed by Visa Branch

11/23/05 Email of interview date and also Packet 4 arrived

12/20/05 Scott comes over for two weeks

12/21/05 Interview at 11.00am, Approved

12/23/05 Received vias's in the post

01/04/06 Scott goes home :(

05/18/06 Emigrate to Michigan

07/15/06 Getting married

Get titre tests to prove he has immunity. It would be foolish to have the jabs all over again. I got them done at a private clinic in the UK for a reasonbale price so call around and compare UK and US prices for them. That is appalling what the clinic has done, but not very surprising either.

Hi. Okay, me and my two kiddo's are having our last Hepatitis B injections beginning of May just before we leave but I have a few questions. Well I don't know if I've had the chicken pox injection and the kids have had chicken pox, Claire when she was 3 and Dominic last August. Do we need to get the varicella injections done but where do we go because Scott and his family have never had the doctor in their lives and don't even know where the nearest one is and who is the cheapest? Other question is, I'd like to have my hospital records of when I had the kids but I don't want to pay a huge fee to have them photocopied? What do I do???

Alison.

Alison, you haven't had the vaccination as it's not available in the UK. You could either wait and have it done in the US or prove immunity by a titre test. Most doctors in the US will provide that service, you don't need a civil surgeon to do it. You should have records of your kids having chicken pox from your doctor? If not, get hold of it! As for the birthing records, I'm not sure if you have already contacted the NHS for your records and they will charge you a fee? Unless there is a specific reason to get them, I wouldn't worry too much about them.

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
http://www.visajourney.com/forums2/index.p...pic=73057&st=15

Scroll down to kyleers's second post on this page. I think Ewen and I are going to try this.

Pax,

Yet AGAIN, you come to the rescue. I just followed Kyleer's link and called the office in Seattle...Denise was very helpful....alll we have to do is fax the vaccination records from Andrew's DR. (no form DS-3025 needed and all they really care about is MMR and tetanus) along with a money order for $35 and they will fax over EVERYthing you need. They are located in Seattle and are more than willing to fax. This is honestly THE easiest and best solution, I think. I warned her that she may have a few more people calling but she was VERY nice. Good luck guys....Mrs. Weebeansy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Get titre tests to prove he has immunity. It would be foolish to have the jabs all over again. I got them done at a private clinic in the UK for a reasonbale price so call around and compare UK and US prices for them. That is appalling what the clinic has done, but not very surprising either.

Alison.

Alison, you haven't had the vaccination as it's not available in the UK. You could either wait and have it done in the US or prove immunity by a titre test. Most doctors in the US will provide that service, you don't need a civil surgeon to do it. You should have records of your kids having chicken pox from your doctor? If not, get hold of it! As for the birthing records, I'm not sure if you have already contacted the NHS for your records and they will charge you a fee? Unless there is a specific reason to get them, I wouldn't worry too much about them.

I know that the UK don't supply it. I was just saying that I don't even know if I have had it when I was younger. What's a titre test? I remember seeing the doctor when Claire had chicken pox but never took Dominic to the doctor when he had them last August because there had been a few kids off with chicken pox and he just caught it as they were starting their summer holidays. I have contacted the hospital and I do have to pay a fee. Well if Scott and I would like to have a baby, I don't fancy going through more paperwork with doctors and midwives and so on.

Alison.

05/31/03 Met Online.

07/03 Fell in love

06/19/05 Last UK holiday

07/15/06 Getting married

Pax,

Yet AGAIN, you come to the rescue. I just followed Kyleer's link and called the office in Seattle...Denise was very helpful....alll we have to do is fax the vaccination records from Andrew's DR. (no form DS-3025 needed and all they really care about is MMR and tetanus) along with a money order for $35 and they will fax over EVERYthing you need. They are located in Seattle and are more than willing to fax. This is honestly THE easiest and best solution, I think. I warned her that she may have a few more people calling but she was VERY nice. Good luck guys....Mrs. Weebeansy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesomeness! I'm glad they're still doing it. Ewen and I probably will do it that way, then. :)

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

I know that the UK don't supply it. I was just saying that I don't even know if I have had it when I was younger. What's a titre test? I remember seeing the doctor when Claire had chicken pox but never took Dominic to the doctor when he had them last August because there had been a few kids off with chicken pox and he just caught it as they were starting their summer holidays. I have contacted the hospital and I do have to pay a fee. Well if Scott and I would like to have a baby, I don't fancy going through more paperwork with doctors and midwives and so on.

Alison.

A titre test is a simple blood test to prove immunity rather than getting an injection. Good for those who hate injections or for people like me who refuse to pump myself full of chemicals! You may choose to get titres for your kids as well if you didn't want them to be injected. Personally, I am against it, but you make your own choice of course.

If you had another baby in the US there is no doubt you obgyn. would produce their own mountain of paperwork so there would be no way of avoiding it. If you didn't have a straightforward birth or something, and you'd be wanting to provide them with information that would be another matter but they wouldn't do much with the papers except file them away and forget about them.

Whoops buggered up the quotes...sorry!

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

Timeline

obgyn? I have had three caesareans with my children and yes there's lot of paperwork with all that (I think). But I thought getting copies of these records would be important etc. As for injections, we're not worried about them.

Alison.

Edited by Alison

05/31/03 Met Online.

07/03 Fell in love

06/19/05 Last UK holiday

07/15/06 Getting married

obgyn? I have had three caesareans with my children and yes there's lot of paperwork with all that (I think). But I thought getting copies of these records would be important etc. As for injections, we're not worried about them.

Alison.

Well, if the only way to get them is to pay the fee, I guess that's what you need to do if you feel it is important. As regards to the varicella for you and your kids, just call around doctors to get the best quote if money is a factor.

Thanks for the link Pax, I am going to call them in an hour or so. If we all go with them I can see the prices going up lol. Each person I spoke to in Chicago said the surgeon would want to perform a full medical as they cannot "just transfer" my details from one form to another. I might still try a couple more places but probably go with the easier option.

Well the snow from the weekend has gone here and now it is sunny, can I see the summer approaching?

Cheers

Yorkie

AOS

03-23-06: AOS Package mailed to Chicago

04-11-06: Infopass Appointment

05-20-06: I-765 Biometrics Apt.

05-25-06: I-765 Touched

06-01-06: I-485 Biometrics Apt.

06-01-06: I-485 Touched

06-03-06: I-485 Touched

06-26-06: Infopass Appointment for EAD - 90 Day EAD Given

06-28-06: I-765 Touched

06-30-06: I-765 Approved

07-21-06: I-485 Application Transferred to CSC

08-09-06: I-485 Touched

08-18-06: I-485 Welcome notice mailed out.

08-21-06: Greencard Received

-----------------------------------

06-26-08: I-751 Package mailed to NSC

07-07-08: NOA1 Received (Case Transferred to CSC)

08-08-08: I-751 Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics completed via walk-in on 07-25-08)

23-10-08: Card Production Ordered

Run right over to OT and congratulate Rebecca and Wes!!! :)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...opic=4975&st=30

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

--Neil Finn

Hey, you're a Graduate now! Welcome! :)

--Neil Finn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.