aussiewench

London Embassy Graduates Thread

542 posts in this topic

Quick primer: The I-693A is the USCIS Vaccination Supplement. Take a look at the pinned thread in the K-1 forum for the lowdown on why you need this and how to get it.

You can use the "Civil Surgeon Locator" on the USCIS website to find a civil surgeon near you.

These more general questions will probably best be answered in the AOS forum. ;)

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick primer: The I-693A is the USCIS Vaccination Supplement. Take a look at the pinned thread in the K-1 forum for the lowdown on why you need this and how to get it.

You can use the "Civil Surgeon Locator" on the USCIS website to find a civil surgeon near you.

These more general questions will probably best be answered in the AOS forum. ;)

We're in the same boat as ^^^^ that. C got nothing cept the brown envelope, and being a good boy he didnt open it since that's how he was instructed. He has no record of the jabs they gave him in Birmingham, nor any record of even having had a medical. I'm sure the USCIS knows that he has, but he has no way to prove it.

Guess he's off to have another medical and jabs.. which is utterly retarded, imo

C & S in Texas

Bodyluxe by Shawna - Affordable Luxury

23 Sep 2005 - Interview in London - APPROVED!!!

05 Jan 2006 - C's Arrival in the US!!! <3

07 Mar 2006 - C applies for SSN

14 Mar 2006 - C receives SSN by mail

17 Mar 2006 - Wedding in Vegas

07 Apr 2006 - C gets his TX Driver's Licence

09 May 2006 - D.O.R.A AOS appointment - 9:45am - Successful

18 May 2006 - NOA Arrived

30 May 2006 - Biometrics Appointment Letter Arrived

02 Jun 2006 - Biometrics Appointment

03 Jul 2006 - Email that says Welcome Letter in the mail! :)

05 Jul 2006 - Email that says Card has been ordered and is incoming!

12 Jul 2006 - Greencard Arrived! WOOHOO!

31 Mar 2008 - I751 Packet mailed

07 Apr 2008 - Check Cashed

14 Apr 2008 - Biometrics letter arrived

07 May 2008 - Biometrics

Noooooo, he doesn't need another medical as long as you apply for AOS before August 2, 2006!!! He ONLY needs to submit the vaccination supplement.

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

--Neil Finn

Noooooo, he doesn't need another medical as long as you apply for AOS before August 2, 2006!!! He ONLY needs to submit the vaccination supplement.

I dont understand all of this. How do you get the vaccination supplement filled out by a civil surgeon who will have absolutely no record of his jabs (he didnt have an immunization record from school or growing up either, his GP back there had retired and documents were lost/destroyed etc) without a whole nother medical/jab set?....

As for the AOS app, it goes in soon as we're home from the wedding and have the papers in order..hehe

Ugh, this is more of a headache than the K-1 was.. lol

C & S in Texas

07 May 2008 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

This is most certainly IS more of a headache than the original application process. But I've got to say that with Pax around everything is made 100,000,000 times easier. Pax, I don't know what I would have done without your help and input throughout this process. Thank you sooooo much. I think that you could honestly make a career out of being a visa advisor or something. You seem to know more than the USCIS people themselves!!! I found that link that you were referring to regarding the whole vaccination supplement and it was VERY helpful...just wish I had known about all of this before Andrew went off to his medical. We're just going to call Nuffield tomorrow and see if they can fax us the DS-3025 form and in the meantime will try to locate a civil surgeon in the area to transfer that info onto the I-693A form (which I spent such a long time trying to find on the USCIS website but I guess it's not there and you must obtain it from the civil surgeon). BLAH! All of this just to prove that he was vaccinated! Ah well....thanks again Pax for taking the time to answer questions that you've already answered a million times before!!!!

Time to stop doing this and get ready for the wedding ceremony....ahhhhh....which is in exactly 1.5 hours!!!! -Weebeansy

He didn't get a DS-3025 at his medical?

*sigh* :(

If not, then he will need the full complement of vaccinations, or else titre tests proving that he does not need them, as required. But he will not need a complete medical exam.

This is most certainly IS more of a headache than the original application process. But I've got to say that with Pax around everything is made 100,000,000 times easier. Pax, I don't know what I would have done without your help and input throughout this process. Thank you sooooo much. I think that you could honestly make a career out of being a visa advisor or something. You seem to know more than the USCIS people themselves!!! I found that link that you were referring to regarding the whole vaccination supplement and it was VERY helpful...just wish I had known about all of this before Andrew went off to his medical. We're just going to call Nuffield tomorrow and see if they can fax us the DS-3025 form and in the meantime will try to locate a civil surgeon in the area to transfer that info onto the I-693A form (which I spent such a long time trying to find on the USCIS website but I guess it's not there and you must obtain it from the civil surgeon). BLAH! All of this just to prove that he was vaccinated! Ah well....thanks again Pax for taking the time to answer questions that you've already answered a million times before!!!!

Time to stop doing this and get ready for the wedding ceremony....ahhhhh....which is in exactly 1.5 hours!!!! -Weebeansy

OMG... *major league blush* :blush:

Thank you very much for the kind words, but anything I know, I only know it from other folks here, really (or Google, LOL). I obsessively read and bookmark anything I think might be useful in the future. I have to give props to Yodrak, meauxna, rebeccajo, TracyTN, imiak, Arijit...a lot of the "grownups" around here! ;)

That said, I was talking to Ewen last night and saying that if my next career move doesn't work out, law school could be next...after all, I've picked up an awful lot of immigration law in just under a year! My, how the time does pass...

Edited by pax

--Neil Finn

agreed, pax rox! :)

Hrm, will Nuffield actually fax that document? That'd be seriously helpful if they would.

If not, I wonder which is cheaper, titre test or the jabs.. again.

Either way.. Ugh.. Poor C.

Geez Weeb, get offa here and go get married! :P

C & S in Texas

07 May 2008 - Biometrics

You know, I think they might. Someone else had success with getting Nuffield to fax the DS-3025 to them, I believe. It's probably worth a shot. :)

--Neil Finn

Excellent.. I'll get C to give them a ring tomorrow morning. Hope he's still got the information numbers with him.. lol.

C & S in Texas

07 May 2008 - Biometrics

tamarae, I called Birmingham a few weeks after my appointment and they posted a photocopy of the DS-3025 to me.

On a similar note, I called a few surgeons in Chicago today to enquire about transferring my vaccinations to the I-693A form. They all said it would cost $200 which is bullocks, how else can I get this done? Keep trying more places?

Yorkie

AOS

03-23-06: AOS Package mailed to Chicago

04-11-06: Infopass Appointment

05-20-06: I-765 Biometrics Apt.

05-25-06: I-765 Touched

06-01-06: I-485 Biometrics Apt.

06-01-06: I-485 Touched

06-03-06: I-485 Touched

06-26-06: Infopass Appointment for EAD - 90 Day EAD Given

06-28-06: I-765 Touched

06-30-06: I-765 Approved

07-21-06: I-485 Application Transferred to CSC

08-09-06: I-485 Touched

08-18-06: I-485 Welcome notice mailed out.

08-21-06: Greencard Received

-----------------------------------

06-26-08: I-751 Package mailed to NSC

07-07-08: NOA1 Received (Case Transferred to CSC)

08-08-08: I-751 Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics completed via walk-in on 07-25-08)

23-10-08: Card Production Ordered

tamarae, I called Birmingham a few weeks after my appointment and they posted a photocopy of the DS-3025 to me.

On a similar note, I called a few surgeons in Chicago today to enquire about transferring my vaccinations to the I-693A form. They all said it would cost $200 which is bullocks, how else can I get this done? Keep trying more places?

Yorkie

Oh definitely keep calling around. I've read other people paying only 100 or even less to get it done. Sounds like highway robbery in Chicago!

C & S in Texas

07 May 2008 - Biometrics

http://www.visajourney.com/forums2/index.p...pic=73057&st=15

Scroll down to kyleers's second post on this page. I think Ewen and I are going to try this.

--Neil Finn

Yorkie

This was just for the form? Or were they confused and think you need the full medical again? If it's just for the form, call around and get the best price. Or shout out to toher people in your state who have been through the same thing. My supplement cost $35 and a whole lotta hassle.

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Filed: Timeline
Yeah, we're pretty wired up right now. At least I am. We finished our scrapbooks over the weekend - up through the wedding. USCIS will just have to settle for loose pics and stuff after that point.

I finished the I-864's tonite. Need to sign them and get them notarized and copy the whole deal.

We have all the immigration docs, etc., rounded up and in our wheelie case.

We will drive up to Pittsburgh on Wednesday afternoon. The interview is first thing 9am sharp Thursday morning. I hope like hell we get somebody who's a morning person.

I'm a damn nervous wreck. This is the first part of this process I have felt this way about. If all goes well, I'm getting seriously hammered this weekend.

Good luck for tomorrow! :thumbs::yes: I'm sure you'll do GREAT!

Do we need another I-864 for the AOS interview? We already enclosed one with the AOS package (the original I-864, notarised etc...) plus all the financial supporting evidence.

Kiki (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.