20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello friends

I have one question. I got Cri VISA. My second marriage inversary is on Jan 27 2015. My green card are not recieve yet. I want know what should be my next step? I paid fee for green card.

raj

When does your visa expire? The next step is to do POE. If you enter the US on 1-27 or after, you won't have to do ROC. It's up to you.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Oh ok, I see. Yes, it may take the GC to arrive in the mail up to 3 months. When you paid the fee in the ELIS system, you should have a receipt number which you can use to check the status of the card. Also the visa with the stamp on it serves as proof of your LPR status. You can use it to work, travel, get an SSN, etc. All you have to do now is wait for the card in the mail.

Since you entered the US before your second marriage anniversary, your LPR status is conditional and you must apply to remove those conditions in the 90 days before the expiration of your GC.

Here is a link with info about ROC:

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/conditional-permanent-residence/remove-conditions-permanent-residence-based-marriage

http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello friends

I have one question. I got Cri VISA. My second marriage inversary is on Jan 27 2015. My green card are not recieve yet. I want know what should be my next step? I paid fee for green card.

oopsies -

you wanted to shift to IR-1 designation?

cannot do it, as

your POE date was 2014-09-19.

Now you wait for the green card to arrive in the postal mail.

If you not have SSN yet, go get one at a SSA office.

Then get to work !

Your 2nd marriage anniversary date only important IF you were still outside of the USA, not coming in firstly to the USA until on or after 1-28-2015. Since you came in earlier, now you have to worry about the RoC Process, 2 years after 2014-09-19...

Welcome to USA ! [and thanks for filling out yer timeline, helps folk who try to answer questions here]

My VISA will expired on Jan 2015. I am reached in USA at the date of 19,2014.

Visa Expiration Date unimportant.

Why? Review the sentence containing 'endorsement' in the VISA FOIL inside of your passport, let us know your thoughts, aye?

When does your visa expire? The next step is to do POE. If you enter the US on 1-27 or after, you won't have to do ROC. It's up to you.

Please try to visit VJ on a PC, and click the word 'TimeLine' when yer able.

Helps to see a TimeLine, when answering questions here.

Thanks so much, and THANKS IN ADVANCE !

Actualy I want to know what should I do for IRi VISA.

Buy a time machine. Use it. Go back to 2014-09-17 and convince yourself not to get on the plane.

That's about it, really.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Since you entered the US before your second marriage anniversary, your LPR status is conditional and you must apply to remove those conditions in the 90 days before the expiration of your GC.

Here is a link with info about ROC:

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/conditional-permanent-residence/remove-conditions-permanent-residence-based-marriage

http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

Thank you Ian. you always helps me.Thanks a lot,

raj

Timeline

oopsies -

you wanted to shift to IR-1 designation?

cannot do it, as

your POE date was 2014-09-19.

Now you wait for the green card to arrive in the postal mail.

If you not have SSN yet, go get one at a SSA office.

Then get to work !

Your 2nd marriage anniversary date only important IF you were still outside of the USA, not coming in firstly to the USA until on or after 1-28-2015. Since you came in earlier, now you have to worry about the RoC Process, 2 years after 2014-09-19...

Welcome to USA ! [and thanks for filling out yer timeline, helps folk who try to answer questions here]

Visa Expiration Date unimportant.

Why? Review the sentence containing 'endorsement' in the VISA FOIL inside of your passport, let us know your thoughts, aye?

Please try to visit VJ on a PC, and click the word 'TimeLine' when yer able.

Helps to see a TimeLine, when answering questions here.

Thanks so much, and THANKS IN ADVANCE !

Buy a time machine. Use it. Go back to 2014-09-17 and convince yourself not to get on the plane.

That's about it, really.

Thank u Darnell for answering my questions always. I wanted to get iri visa because i thought that iri visa is needed before second marriage anniversary. Your answer clarify me that it is not. I also wanted to know what i loss with getting cri visa instead of iri visa. But now I know that I lost one thing that I will have to apply for ROC after 2 years. But my green card not recieve yet. Immigration officer said that you will get your green card in December. In january my second marriage anniversary.Then but type of green card i will recieve. Thank you.

raj

Your GC will have the category CR1 and based on your POE, it should expire in September 2016. Which means your ROC (form I-751) should be filed sometime in June 2016.

Timeline

Your GC will have the category CR1 and based on your POE, it should expire in September 2016. Which means your ROC (form I-751) should be filed sometime in June 2016.

Thank u Ian. It mean my GC will valid for one year? ok.

Thank u.

raj

When you receive your GC in the mail, it will be valid for 2 years. You must submit form I-751 90 days before your GC expires. What will be valid for one year from the date you did POE, is your immigrant visa and POE stamp.

Timeline

When you receive your GC in the mail, it will be valid for 2 years. You must submit form I-751 90 days before your GC expires. What will be valid for one year from the date you did POE, is your immigrant visa and POE stamp.[/quote

Oh! Ok. Thank u Ian. And I can apply for citizenship after 5 year right?

raj

After 3 years because you are married to a USC. You can apply 90 days before you have 3 years as an LPR.

Edited by Ian H.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.