NickTijs

Checklist AOS -what do I send?

6 posts in this topic

Okay,

So I got a checklist, I understand what we did wrong and I typed up a new one and I guess I'm ready to go.

Now I'm a little worried because I don't really know what to send exactly.

I-864, Affidavit of Support Checklist

[x] The Affidavit of Support is an important legal contract between you and the U.S. government. During our review,
we identified one or more sections that were either incomplete or contained incorrect information. Please review the
additional instructions below then complete and submit a new Affidavit of Support. You can download the I-864
form and instructions at http://www.uscis.gov/i-864.
[x]
In Part 1. Basis for Filing Affidavit of Support, please correct the following...
[x]
In Part 2. Information on the Principal Immigrant, please correct the following...
[x]
In Part 3, Information on the Immigrant(s) You are sponsoring, please correct the following...
[x]
In Part 4. Information on the Sponsor, please correct the following...
[x] Item 12. As the petitioner sponsoring your spouse or child, you must indicate whether or not you are currently on
active duty in the U.S. armed services.
[x]
In Part 5. Sponsor's Household Size, please correct the following...
[x]
In Part 6. Sponsor's Income and Employment, please correct the following...
[x] Item 10. The current annual household income must equal the sum of items 5, 6.c., 7.c., 8.c., and 9.c.
[x]
In Part 8, Sponsor's Contract, please correct the following...
[x]
The Form I-864 we received was missing the following page(s). Please ensure you include all nine pages when you
resubmit the form.
[x]
You must submit the following financial evidence:
[x] _______2013____________________________ W-2 forms(s) or IRS Tax Transcript(s).
[x]
NVC Special Instructions

Do I just send the corrected I-864, or do I add a copy of the joint sponsors too and include all the employment letters and everything else too?

Also, they told me I have to submit the w-2 forms or IRS tax transcripts.. It is OR and not AND, right?

Thank everyone in advance for answering my questions. I'm sure the answers can be found somewhere on here, but I'm too frustrated to be able to find them.

Our journey so far:
May '13: Met at university in the Netherlands
25 Jun '13: Became an official couple!
28 Dec ’13: Proposed to her

12 Feb '14 Visited my wife for 12 days in Ohio (12 through 24 February). POE Chicago, harassment level very low.

24 Feb ’14: Got married in Ohio.
25 Mar ’14: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.
27 Mar ’14: I-130 NOA1 (text & email)
04 Apr ’14: I-130 NOA1 (letter)
18 Jun '14: I-130 NOA2 (text & email)
26 Jun '14: Case received by NVC

10 Jul '14: Case# assigned (received along with the INN and BIN on the 15th via phone)
28 Jul '14 Received DS-261 & AOS Bill

29 Jul '14 Submitted DS-261 & paid AOS bill
02 Aug '14 AOS fee shows "Paid"

05 Aug '14 Sent AOS package

06 Aug '14 AOS package received (scanned) by NVC (eventually confirmed by Arthur on 07 Aug '14)

14 Aug '14 Visiting my Wife in Ohio for 64 days (Until October 17th). POE Philadelphia, harassment level low.

08 Sep '14 IV bill received & paid

10 Sep '14 IV shows up as paid, IV package sent

12 Sep '14 DS-260 submitted

20 Sep '14 IV package returned to me by the US postal service Great *sigh*

22 Sep '14 Re-sending IV package (Priority Mail 2-day Delivery)

24 Sep '14 IV package arrived (USPS tracking confirmed)

24 Sep '14 IV package received (scanned, 60 day email sent)

05 Oct '14 AOS package accepted (60 days after 06 Aug) Stupid NVC now reviews both packages together, using the last scandate.

23 Oct '14 Checklist received for AOS, missed a couple checkboxes and now I'll have to miss my wife an extra 2 months

05 Nov '14 AOS-Checklist scanned in

23 Dec '14 Case complete!

21 Jan '15 Medical
24 Feb '15 Interview -Approved! (issued as of 25 Feb '15)

27 Feb '15 Visa in hand, feels good.
07 Mar '15 POE at DTW, easy as pie.

17 Mar '15 Got my SS card in the mail --Elis still says 'Optimised' though

21 Apr '15 Got my Green Card in the mail!

--To do:--

07 Dec '16 File I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

07 Mar '18 File N-400 (Naturalization)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Okay,

So I got a checklist, I understand what we did wrong and I typed up a new one and I guess I'm ready to go.

[x] The Affidavit of Support is an important legal contract between you and the U.S. government. During our review,
we identified one or more sections that were either incomplete or contained incorrect information. Please review the
additional instructions below then complete and submit a new Affidavit of Support. You can download the I-864
[x]
In Part 1. Basis for Filing Affidavit of Support, please correct the following...
[x]
In Part 2. Information on the Principal Immigrant, please correct the following...
[x]
In Part 3, Information on the Immigrant(s) You are sponsoring, please correct the following...
[x]
[x] Item 12. As the petitioner sponsoring your spouse or child, you must indicate whether or not you are currently on
[x]
[x]
[x] Item 10. The current annual household income must equal the sum of items 5, 6.c., 7.c., 8.c., and 9.c.
[x] I can't imagine what mistakes in those parts?
[x]
The Form I-864 we received was missing the following page(s). Please ensure you include all nine pages when you
resubmit the form. [Thanks for sharing , i just realize that i made the same mistake]
[x]
[x] _______2013____________________________ W-2 forms(s) or IRS Tax Transcript(s).
[x]
NVC Special Instructions

Do I just send the corrected I-864, or do I add a copy of the joint sponsors too and include all the employment letters and everything else too? did they ask for?

Also, they told me I have to submit the w-2 forms or IRS tax transcripts.. It is OR and not AND, right? yes, it's or

Thank everyone in advance for answering my questions. I'm sure the answers can be found somewhere on here, but I'm too frustrated to be able to find them.

USCIS
-October 15 2013- Sent I-130
-October 18, 2013- NOA1 E-notification received.
-October 25, 2013- NOA1 hard copy received. Processing at NBC.
-March 07, 2014- Case was transferred to CSC.
-March 14, 2014- Transfer notice hard copy received (CSC).
-March 18, 2014- I-130 was approved!!!

NVC:

-March 27, 2014- NVC received
-April 28, 2014- Case# and IIN assigned
-May 02, 2014- DS-261 submitted online

-May 04, 2014- ENROLL email sent

-May 09, 2014- pay AOS and IV fees

-May 12, 2014- 88$,230$ shows paid

-May 12, 2014- DS-260 available

-May 14 2014- DS-260 completed

Okay,

[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x] I can't imagine what mistakes in those parts?
[x]
resubmit the form. [Thanks for sharing , i just realize that i made the same mistake]
[x]
[x]
NVC Special Instructions

Do I just send the corrected I-864, or do I add a copy of the joint sponsors too and include all the employment letters and everything else too? did they ask for?

Also, they told me I have to submit the w-2 forms or IRS tax transcripts.. It is OR and not AND, right? yes, it's or

The mistakes were very dumb, but present. Anyhow, the letter also said

'You must submit the following financial evidence:

We sent her taxpapers, to me everything seemed fine. We can get the W-2's easily, but for the transcripts we would have to wait 6 weeks and I really don't want to add 6 weeks ontop of the extra 60 days.

Our journey so far:
May '13: Met at university in the Netherlands
25 Jun '13: Became an official couple!
28 Dec ’13: Proposed to her

12 Feb '14 Visited my wife for 12 days in Ohio (12 through 24 February). POE Chicago, harassment level very low.

24 Feb ’14: Got married in Ohio.
25 Mar ’14: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.
27 Mar ’14: I-130 NOA1 (text & email)
04 Apr ’14: I-130 NOA1 (letter)
18 Jun '14: I-130 NOA2 (text & email)
26 Jun '14: Case received by NVC

10 Jul '14: Case# assigned (received along with the INN and BIN on the 15th via phone)
28 Jul '14 Received DS-261 & AOS Bill

29 Jul '14 Submitted DS-261 & paid AOS bill
02 Aug '14 AOS fee shows "Paid"

05 Aug '14 Sent AOS package

06 Aug '14 AOS package received (scanned) by NVC (eventually confirmed by Arthur on 07 Aug '14)

14 Aug '14 Visiting my Wife in Ohio for 64 days (Until October 17th). POE Philadelphia, harassment level low.

08 Sep '14 IV bill received & paid

10 Sep '14 IV shows up as paid, IV package sent

12 Sep '14 DS-260 submitted

20 Sep '14 IV package returned to me by the US postal service Great *sigh*

22 Sep '14 Re-sending IV package (Priority Mail 2-day Delivery)

24 Sep '14 IV package arrived (USPS tracking confirmed)

24 Sep '14 IV package received (scanned, 60 day email sent)

05 Oct '14 AOS package accepted (60 days after 06 Aug) Stupid NVC now reviews both packages together, using the last scandate.

23 Oct '14 Checklist received for AOS, missed a couple checkboxes and now I'll have to miss my wife an extra 2 months

05 Nov '14 AOS-Checklist scanned in

23 Dec '14 Case complete!

21 Jan '15 Medical
24 Feb '15 Interview -Approved! (issued as of 25 Feb '15)

27 Feb '15 Visa in hand, feels good.
07 Mar '15 POE at DTW, easy as pie.

17 Mar '15 Got my SS card in the mail --Elis still says 'Optimised' though

21 Apr '15 Got my Green Card in the mail!

--To do:--

07 Dec '16 File I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

07 Mar '18 File N-400 (Naturalization)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Oh then you just send w2

USCIS
-October 15 2013- Sent I-130
-October 18, 2013- NOA1 E-notification received.
-October 25, 2013- NOA1 hard copy received. Processing at NBC.
-March 07, 2014- Case was transferred to CSC.
-March 14, 2014- Transfer notice hard copy received (CSC).
-March 18, 2014- I-130 was approved!!!

NVC:

-March 27, 2014- NVC received
-April 28, 2014- Case# and IIN assigned
-May 02, 2014- DS-261 submitted online

-May 04, 2014- ENROLL email sent

-May 09, 2014- pay AOS and IV fees

-May 12, 2014- 88$,230$ shows paid

-May 12, 2014- DS-260 available

-May 14 2014- DS-260 completed

Send the corrected i864 (all pages), plus the w2 and of course the cover page with the barcode.

I got an aos checklist too so good luck for both of us!

I'm sorry, I meant to say tax transcript not w2. You can go online at the irs website and you can view/print the transcript right away

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.