iamblessed

221G Requesting second interview with Wife. (split from Fraud Interview)

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone I was just going through your posts and I'm actually in a similar situation and need someone to kindly help out with answers,...I went for my interview at the Lagos Nigeria consulate but to my surprise after getting interviewed I was given 221g letter requesting I bring my wife all the way from America for another interview for both of us to be present so just trying to know what to expect in a situation like this....thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone I was just going through your posts and I'm actually in a similar situation and need someone to kindly help out with answers,...I went for my interview at the Lagos Nigeria consulate but to my surprise after getting interviewed I was given 221g letter requesting I bring my wife all the way from America for another interview for both of us to be present so just trying to know what to expect in a situation like this....thanks

It's because they need to see you two together and I am sure a Stokes interview is in your future. If she doesn't come no Visa will be issued. This is Fraud they suspect at the highest degree.

What red flags do you have?

Has there been a long separation for you two. Meaning when was the last time you saw each other?

I know usually if its more than a year that's a big red flag especially if you married first trip and she never came back.

Is she American or Nigerian. How long you knew each other before you married? How did you meet?

Did the 221g say anything else they wanted?

Something has made them question her. Don't think its at all about you. This is very very rare. I have seen CO's suggest. Is there anyway your wife or husband can come in for an interview but never required.

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

dwheels76,thanks a lot for your response and i want to confirm here that your very much on point which is my wife has only been here in Lagos nigeria on one trip and it was for our marriage of which we met in 2oo5 but she was still in a marriage then but later separated......she is American though,and like you said what do you think has made them question her.

By God's grace she will be coming for this second interview for sure so how do you view it as in our chances?......Thanks.

dwheels76,thanks a lot for your response and i want to confirm here that your very much on point which is my wife has only been here in Lagos nigeria on one trip and it was for our marriage of which we met in 2oo5 but she was still in a marriage then but later separated......she is American though,and like you said what do you think has made them question her. By God's grace she will be coming for this second interview for sure so how do you view it as in our chances?......Thanks.

I've been reading on what are 'red flags',and the fact that she was married at the time you met is one,Nigeria is a high fraud place,I don't know how much face to face time you've had together,but that is another red flag if it's not very much. They might want to observe you together,so much of this is based on their intuition,sadly.

Edited by tige321

Timeline

Yeah also on the 221g letter they said I should also bring more proofs of our relationship,in which I took much of that to my first interview but she(consular) only asked for a few like email chats,call logs,and I also showed the consular our bbm chats.......like what other proofs again can I get along...

Then also the consular questioned our call logs saying her number isn't highlighted that she's been calling me rather the call card numbers were showing but few showing her number.

Everyone please share with me what's your thoughts on this.

Yeah also on the 221g letter they said I should also bring more proofs of our relationship,in which I took much of that to my first interview but she(consular) only asked for a few like email chats,call logs,and I also showed the consular our bbm chats.......like what other proofs again can I get along... Then also the consular questioned our call logs saying her number isn't highlighted that she's been calling me rather the call card numbers were showing but few showing her number. Everyone please share with me what's your thoughts on this.

;___; You're living my worst nightmare. Maybe you'd have more benefit making a thread of your own about proof ideas. I don't know what else you can do besides say it's a call card number. I mean,the number wouldn't trace to someone's personal number,you'd think. If my husband and I do this,we're banking on pictures of us together,affidavits,gift receipts to each other,cards we've received,skype,facebook,viber logs. We didn't leave as much paper trail as they probably want because we decided early on we'd live in Germany,so we didn't worry about any of that.

Or maybe you can find an immigration lawyer to consult with,usually just a consultation is free.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Split from Visa Fraud thread as this is in need of it's own thread. Please do not post your question in other members threads as it can get lost in the thread.~~

~~Moved to IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures, from General Immigration Related Topics~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Yeah also on the 221g letter they said I should also bring more proofs of our relationship,in which I took much of that to my first interview but she(consular) only asked for a few like email chats,call logs,and I also showed the consular our bbm chats.......like what other proofs again can I get along... Then also the consular questioned our call logs saying her number isn't highlighted that she's been calling me rather the call card numbers were showing but few showing her number. Everyone please share with me what's your thoughts on this.

Well I am sure you already submitted. Getting evidence to them immediately is vital. If you don;t have you don;t have.

Make sure your evidence spans the entire relationship. As far as phone calls if their is no proof of who is called when isn't much use to submit you could be calling anyone. So forget that.

Stick to what you have and hope for the best is all you can do.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

dwheels76,thanks a lot for your response and i want to confirm here that your very much on point which is my wife has only been here in Lagos nigeria on one trip and it was for our marriage of which we met in 2oo5 but she was still in a marriage then but later separated......she is American though,and like you said what do you think has made them question her. By God's grace she will be coming for this second interview for sure so how do you view it as in our chances?......Thanks.

Was her ex-husband also a Nigerian by chance? Your chances who knows but she sure needs to come again. When was the last time she was there? how long ago?

You say you meet (I assume online) in 2005 and its taken you guys this long to get to this point? Why did you wait so long to get together, file? Thats a red flag.

what is your timeline

You met 2005

Her visit and your wedding?

how long she stayed?

why hasn't she been back?

when you submitted I-130?

ROC I-751

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.