Stefani

Packet 4 received by the petitioner?!?/ Medical Questions- Dominican Republic

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys, so the weirdest thing just happened.. I received packet 4, but i am the petitioner, not the beneficiary. I am so confused. There were 3 papers, and it had my Fiances name and my name and address on top, so I don't know what to think. Can I just photocopy the papers and email it to him so he can print it out and take it to pay at banco popular and get everything else?

Also for the medical, if he decides to get the vaccines, does the medical office provide an extra copy for my fiance for the AOS process? will the consulate provide this, or how will this work. I'm not sure if I am making any sense. lol

How does the paper for the medical look like? does this comes in packet 4? I didnt receive a separate page for the medical, will this be okay for him to take the 3 pages for his medical? and can he go any day he wants, or is it by appointment?

Thank you in advance!!

AOS Timeline (L)

March 23: Marriage

June 10: Mailed AOS via USPS 2 day priority delivery

June 12: USCIS Received paperwork

June 17: NOA1-Text messages confirming AP/EAD and AOS

June 23: NOA1- Hard copy AP/EAD and AOS

June 27: Biometrics Letter in the mail for July 7th

July 7: Biometrics Appointment

August 21: EAD Approval (Email Notification)

August 24: AP Approval (Email Notification)

August 25: Hard Copy NOA2 Received for EAD/AP

August 25: EAD/AP Card is Mailed/Document Production

August 28: EAD/AP Combo Card Received

October 8: AOS update: Card/ Document production (NO NPIW letter or Interview)

October 9: AOS "Decision"

October 13: Notice to Conditional Permanent Resident Alien letter received

October 19: Green card delivered :-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My now husband got my packet 3/4 via his email even though he was the petitioner. Just forward it to the beneficiary.

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Caribbean regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Packet 4 is that 3 pages.

Dont wait a separate page for medical, to do medical is with the page that has the names and interview date on.

Dont wait a page that say anything about medical.

To do the medical your fiance can go 3 weeks before interview, if go 4 weeks before they dont let do medical one month before interview.

For the medical now it is 6 photos, this is new.

You can e-mail the packet 4 and your fiance print it here, or maybe your fiance get his or her packet 4.

Hey guys, so the weirdest thing just happened.. I received packet 4, but i am the petitioner, not the beneficiary. I am so confused. There were 3 papers, and it had my Fiances name and my name and address on top, so I don't know what to think. Can I just photocopy the papers and email it to him so he can print it out and take it to pay at banco popular and get everything else?

Also for the medical, if he decides to get the vaccines, does the medical office provide an extra copy for my fiance for the AOS process? will the consulate provide this, or how will this work. I'm not sure if I am making any sense. lol

How does the paper for the medical look like? does this comes in packet 4? I didnt receive a separate page for the medical, will this be okay for him to take the 3 pages for his medical? and can he go any day he wants, or is it by appointment?

Thank you in advance!!

Yes, they give a vacine copy.

Thank you in advance!!

Congratulations!!

If possible, send the original packet 4 via DHL, or you can scan and email copies to your fiance so that he is able to print.

Your letter with interview date is what is required for medical along with passport, cedula and now 6 photos. (There is no separate form for medical)

As for the AOS, when granted the visa, he gets a sealed envelope that he has to provide immigration at POE, within this packet is the vaccination record that is used for AOS. This they give you with the very important I94.

For the medical, No appointment necessary, you can go any day. I read yesterday on Yenni's post that its best to go on Thursdays or Fridays, not so crowded. Has to be there early (about 6:30).

Good luck and please keep us posted as im using you guys as guidance. :goofy:

TIME LINE

5/21/14 - MAILED I-129F PETITION (L)

5/22/14 - USCIS RCVD PETITION :)

5/27/14 - NOA1 :)

8/11/14 - TRANSFERRED TO CSC?? :unsure:

9/16/14 - NOA2 EMAIL!!! :dancing:

9/22/14 - NOA2 HARD COPY!! :)

10/6/14 - NVC RECEIVED APPROVED PETITION, CASE NUMBER PROVIDED.

10/8/14 - CEAC STATUS "READY"

10/9/14 - PACKAGE LEFT NVC TO DR CONSULATE! :dancing:

10/14/14 - CONSULATE RECEIVED :yes:

10/16/14 - CEAC STATUS UPDATE DATE CHANGE: STILL "READY"

10/20/14 - GOT MY INTERVIEW FOR 12/15/14, CALLED CONSULATE IN DR :goofy:

10/21/14 - INTERVIEW DATE POSTED ON THE IV CURRENT APPOINTMENT LIST

10/24/14 - CEAC STATUS UPDATE DATE CHANGE: STILL "READY"

11/03/14 - PACKET 4 RCVD

12/15/14 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!! :D

12/18/14 - CEAC STATUS - ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING..........

12/19/14 - CEAC STATUS - ISSUED!

12/24/14 - VISA PICKED UP AT DOMEX

12/25/14 - ENTERED US /FORT LAUDERDALE POE

01/07/15 - SS RECVD

03/01/15 - MARRIED

04/09/15 - AOS PACKAGE SUBMITTED VIA FEDEX

04/14/15 - NOA RCVD

05/07/15 - BIOMETRICS COMPLETED

06/23/15 - EAD APPROVED

Thank you all.. This is all very very helpfulll ???

I will inform my fiance of this!! And i will keep u guys posted!!

AOS Timeline (L)

It's funny you just mentioned this because we already have our interview scheduled and my fiancé has his packet 4 already and I just received my packet 4 yesterday in the mail! I didn't even know that we BOTH would be receiving a packet 4 but according to other people I've talked to, this is normal. Most petitioners I've spoken to have received their packet 4 even before the beneficiary but this wasn't the case for me! I called the consulate during the last week of September and they informed me of my interview date and that they had sent packet 4 to my fiance's home in San Pedro de Macoris. We were given advice from others that have underwent this process to go directly to the local post office everyday after the consulate Mailed packet 4 in order to pick up the packet ourselves before they even attempted to deliver it to him ( since the postal service in DR is so unreliable). Sure enough, about 4 days later, my fiance's packet 4 was sitting at the post office and he was able to pick it up from them with his cedula. Before you panic and send off your packet 4 to him, give it about a week (if time permits) and tell your fiancé to check his local post office! It might so be that his packet could already be sitting there!

Thank you in advance!!

I don't think it's weird at all, my fiancé in the US got the packet 4 in the mail as well, about the same time I got mine. Like Ilovemyman said, the interview letter is what your fiancé in the DR needs to go to the medical. Even when your fiancé can be there at 6.30am, he still can get there until 10am.. I went to the medical around 9.45am and was done by 11.20am, I actually left around 2pm but for another reason.

In that packet, there should be an instructions paper and it will tell what your fiancé has to do, what documents he needs to gather and how much he has to pay, when and where. There are new changes in the US Embassy/Consulate in the DR protocol, so check those instructions. In doubt, call or email the embassy.

I strongly recommend that your fiancé gets all the vaccines he needs in the DR/Consultorios de Visa. The day of the medical, he is going to get a CD with his x rays, and then, days later he will get the vaccination documentation worksheet, aka DS-3025 (he has to go back to the Consultorios de VIsa in person to pick the form). As a K1 he doesn't need to get a medical for the AOS, only send that form with the rest of the documents, but if he doesn't get the vaccines, then he will have to go to a civil surgeon to get the vaccine and sign the form and that can include additional costs.

Good luck!

10/08/2014 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

10/16/2014 - NOAs:

11/18/2014 - Bio. Appointment

11/25/2014 - AOS Update (Ready for Interview)

12/30/2014 - EAD Approved (Card in production)

12/30/2014 - AP Approved

01/06/2015 - EAD/AP Card Mailed

01/07/2015 - EAD/AP Card Received

01/14/2015 - AOS Update (Interview scheduled)

02/18/2015 - AOS Interview (Approved!)

02/18/2015 - AOS Updated (Card is being produced)

02/19/2015 - Welcome Notice Mailed

02/24/2015 - Welcome Notice Received

02/24/2015 - Card mailed

02/27/2015 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

12/27/2016 - ROC filed (California Service Center)

12/28/2016 - NOA

01/08/2017 - Bio. Appointment Notice received

01/25/2017 - Bio. Appointment done.

12/12/2017 - I-551 Stamp on passport

06/12/2017 - "Approval Notice" DHS website (notice mailed)

06/12/2018 - Card in production

06/16/2018 - Approval Notice/Notice of Action received in the mail.

06/19/2018 GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

Thank you guys for that info!! My fiance did call his post office today and they told him that they havent received anythig from the embassy. They stated that they have a different box for the embassy letters, and that was empty. I just scanned the papers and i email him packet 4. It doesnt look like it was scanned, so if he never receives packet 4, he will have that back up.

I also email the embassy today about the banco popular. They are no longer using banco popular, but on my packet 4 it does say to go pay it there. so i emailed them to ask them if my fiance should go pay at the banco or wait for our interview.

Lets see whats they say!

Thank u all again!!

AOS Timeline (L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.