Piaoliang2008

Interview experience

37 posts in this topic

Hon08 is correct. Be sure to have court papers with you for your interview. The papers are the dismissal that you received from the court for your case. Make a copy and bring along the copy as well as the original. They will verify and hand you back the original and keep the copy. Expect a delay of 2 weeks to 30 days before you have your visa. It's not unusual for the visa to take longer but no one here can predict your timeline. Check your status on CEAC.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hon08 is correct. Be sure to have court papers with you for your interview. The papers are the dismissal that you received from the court for your case. Make a copy and bring along the copy as well as the original. They will verify and hand you back the original and keep the copy. Expect a delay of 2 weeks to 30 days before you have your visa. It's not unusual for the visa to take longer but no one here can predict your timeline. Check your status on CEAC.

Thanks greenbaum.... It really help a lot to read positive comments like this. It makes the waiting a little bearable ... Godbless!

Timeline

Expect close to a month delay with the NBI letter needed, as long as there are no issues noted in the NBI letter all should be fine.

Hank. My wifes NBI green clearance also says "No criminal record" in the remarks area.

NVC just sent the file to the Manila U.S. Consulate last Friday (10/24/14) and I want to make sure I get all my ducks in a row before I go there. I've only got two weeks to interview, get the family situated and then leave for home with my wife and her daughter.

It also says "travel abroad" for the "purpose". Is that the correct purpose? Or since she in immigrating (i130), should it says for purposes of immigration?

Thank you for any help.

Edited by jhonster

Timeline

You will receive another email from embassy after 2 weeks, then print that letter and present that to NBI..The letter will indicate where you will be going and the person to look for at 4th floor NBI main..then you will be referred back to 1st floor..bring all your court dismissal..they will get a copy of it so have it all photocopied before you go there..If they are satisfied with all the copy you had then they will let you know and wish you good luck and say you can go home now and just wait for your Visa.. Hope this helps, I've been thru it.. Good luck!

I guess I'm confused about all this NBI clearance stuff. My wife got an NBI clearance on 2/3/14. It says it's for travel abroad and it also says no criminal record. If my wife has never had a case or criminal record, does she also have to get this letter of explanation that explains why it says "no criminal record"? What should it say if she has no past cases, pending cases or has never been in trouble with the law? Or is this NBI clearance fine the way it is for her i130 immigration Visa interview?

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Timeline

I guess I'm confused about all this NBI clearance stuff. My wife got an NBI clearance on 2/3/14. It says it's for travel abroad and it also says no criminal record. If my wife has never had a case or criminal record, does she also have to get this letter of explanation that explains why it says "no criminal record"? What should it say if she has no past cases, pending cases or has never been in trouble with the law? Or is this NBI clearance fine the way it is for her i130 immigration Visa interview?

Thanks in advance.

See below from the Immigrant Visa Interview Instructions on the US Embassy Manila website. Also read all comments on this thread.

6. NBI CLEARANCE. Applicants aged 16 years and older must have a valid Record Clearance for Travel Abroad Purposes from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). Clearances should be in the applicant’s current name, birth certificate name, maiden name and any aliases or nicknames used, including different spellings you have used of those names. An official letter of explanation from the NBI is required for any notation of “No criminal record” or "No pending case”. For immigration purposes, an NBI clearance is valid for one (1) year from the date it was issued. The NBI web site is http://www.nbi.gov.ph.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hank. My wifes NBI green clearance also says "No criminal record" in the remarks area.

NVC just sent the file to the Manila U.S. Consulate last Friday (10/24/14) and I want to make sure I get all my ducks in a row before I go there. I've only got two weeks to interview, get the family situated and then leave for home with my wife and her daughter.

It also says "travel abroad" for the "purpose". Is that the correct purpose? Or since she in immigrating (i130), should it says for purposes of immigration?

Thank you for any help.

As long as it is the green version of the NBI all is good.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

As long as it is the green version of the NBI all is good.

But I'll still have to get the letter of explanation for why it says "No criminal record"....and I need to get the request letter from the Manila Consulate for that to happen. Right?

I mean....it sounds kinda silly. It says, NO CRIMINAL RECORD. Why in the world do they need an explanation for what that's supposed to mean? Jeeze.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the help.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

But I'll still have to get the letter of explanation for why it says "No criminal record"....and I need to get the request letter from the Manila Consulate for that to happen. Right?

I mean....it sounds kinda silly. It says, NO CRIMINAL RECORD. Why in the world do they need an explanation for what that's supposed to mean? Jeeze.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the help.

Ours is not to question why, ours is to get the process done and over with... ;)

And the embassy won't request the letter of explanation until after the view the NBI... sort of like the movie Catch 22 :lol:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks in advance.

If the remarks are No Criminal Record, then she has a case before that was on file with NBI and she has been cleared.. Clean records says "No Derogatory Records"...or if your wife has really no case before and still receives a remarks with "No Criminal record" then she needs to clear it with NBI... I just don't know how they generate the remarks with it since NBI now a days are so accurate,,

MY TIMELINE K1/K2 VISA

04/07/2014 : NOA 2

04/22/2014 : NVC w/ MNL case number

07/30/2014 : Medicals SLEC w/ (2)K2

08/04/2014 : My Psych Evaluation Schedule (due to my Annulment)

08/07/2014 : Psych Interview Passed (received a call from SLEC)

08/08/2014 : My Immunization

08/15/2014 : Pending approved due to CRBA and NBI

09/05/2014 : Applied for CRBA

11/12/2014 : CRBA approved

12/04/2014 : Visa Issued

12/16/2014 : POE-SFO

12/26/2014 : Married

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS W/ MY K2

03/09/2015 : Packet Sent thru USPS

03/12/2015 : Packet delivered CHICAGO lockbox

04/07/2015: : Done w/ biometrics (early walk-in)

04/13/2015: : Status changed to "Case Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

05/21/2015 : EAD/AP Approved

05/22/2015 : EAD updated to "Card being ordered to be produced"

05/28/2015 : EAD card mailed to me

05/30/2015 : EAD/AP combo card and notice 1-797 received

Timeline

Just called the Embassy today and was told letter of explanation frm NBI got there yesterday and will be reviewed by a consul and that i will just wait for further instruction.... I think the next instruction will all depend on the findings of nbi as stated in the letter of explanation they forwarded to the embassy, whether i am

Cleared or is subject to interview.... Well at least i know my case is moving and hope to hear update soon?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.