GBCW

Author Wants Southern States To Secede Over Gay Rights, Name New Country 'Reagan'

137 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Conservative columnist and former Reagan administration aide Douglas MacKinnon is out with a new book calling for Southern states to secede…again.

MacKinnon called for a movement of states, starting with South Carolina, Georgia and Florida, to establish a new country that will adhere to the Religious Right’s political agenda.

Texas, MacKinnon explained, was not included in his secessionist blueprint because “there have been a number of incursions into Texas and other places from some of the folks in Mexico.”

MacKinnon ... even proposed an “interim name” for the ultraconservative breakaway nation: “Reagan.”

MacKinnon specifically cited advances in gay rights as a reason for Southern states to leave the U.S. and create a new country.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/author-wants-southern-states-secede-over-gay-rights-name-new-country-reagan

Well, it is traditionally known Northern people are a lot more accepting. It wouldn't bother me one way or another who is or isn't gay as long as they do not force their stand point onto me. Which side has gay people would not be a determining factor for me.

Filed: Timeline

Well, it is traditionally known Northern people are a lot more accepting. It wouldn't bother me one way or another who is or isn't gay as long as they do not force their stand point onto me. Which side has gay people would not be a determining factor for me.

so as long as they dont put their gay down your throat you're ok. that's pretty tolerant of you.

so as long as they dont put their gay down your throat you're ok. that's pretty tolerant of you.

Hey, you have to learn patience and tolerance. Especially if you want to hang out in the Current Events and Hot Topics section of VJ. :rofl:

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

In essence he wants to make the IV Reich a reality!

Conservative columnist and former Reagan administration aide Douglas MacKinnon is out with a new book calling for Southern states to secede…again.

MacKinnon called for a movement of states, starting with South Carolina, Georgia and Florida, to establish a new country that will adhere to the Religious Right’s political agenda.

Texas, MacKinnon explained, was not included in his secessionist blueprint because “there have been a number of incursions into Texas and other places from some of the folks in Mexico.”

MacKinnon ... even proposed an “interim name” for the ultraconservative breakaway nation: “Reagan.”

MacKinnon specifically cited advances in gay rights as a reason for Southern states to leave the U.S. and create a new country.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/author-wants-southern-states-secede-over-gay-rights-name-new-country-reagan

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Put me down for what Janelle said, cept I would fight for equal rights for all .

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Donkey knobber's huh?

The guy idolises a dead Hollywood actor and wants to name a country after him. There's clearly something very weird and perverted about that.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The guy idolises a dead Hollywood actor and wants to name a country after him. There's clearly something very weird and perverted about that.

Oh i got it. Just never heard that term before.

Filed: Other Timeline

Insane, but probably harmless. I doubt this will cause more than a ripple outside certain ultra conservative places of worship.