dollyy

I-130 Sibling visa documents required? Please Help!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello all,

I need a clarification here, My sister is a US Citizen she is going to apply I-130 for my father and me, I am married with no child. Can anyone please tell me do i have to provide my marriage certificate too?

From USCIS Website what i understand is the U.S. citizen petitioner (i.e. the sponsor) must submit following documents:

• A completed Form I-130. (Note: You do not need to file a separate Form I-130 for your sibling’s spouse or unmarried children under 21 years of age.)
  • A copy of your birth certificate and a copy of your sibling's birth certificate showing that you have at least one common parent.
  • Evidence that you are a U.S. citizen, such as:
    • A copy of your valid U.S. passport, OR
    • A copy of your naturalization certificate, OR
    • A copy of your certificate of citizenship

Thats it!

Should my sister have to attach my marriage certificate too??

Please an immediate help is needed, since she is going to file next week.

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Because it takes 12-23 years for a sibling petition you give the other stuff much much later. You may have a different wife , children or even grandchildren before you get a visa.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

nope, the i130 is to prove the relationship between you and your sister. family comes in on the second part of the process, when your priority date becomes current

Filed: Timeline

Because it takes 12-23 years for a sibling petition you give the other stuff much much later. You may have a different wife , children or even grandchildren before you get a visa.

Thanks for the response.

The priority date for my country is 2002, i think the waiting period would be 10 to 12 years.

hi

nope, the i130 is to prove the relationship between you and your sister. family comes in on the second part of the process, when your priority date becomes current

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.