Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Miscellaneous questions about completing Adjustment of status packet

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone! I'm completeing the Adjustment of Status packet for my wife, and I have some questions regarding some of the forms.

Alien Registration Number - My wife is on H1-B visa, and there is a field called the Beneficiary number which has a number starting with A followed by 9 digits. Should we put that as the A# in the forms?

I-130 - I am a Naturalized US Citizen. As evidence of my citizenship, is a copy of the Naturalization certificate sufficient or do I need to submit a copy of my birth certificate and passport as well?

I-131 - We are applying for the Advance Parole document to allow return to the United States after temporary foreign travel. Do we need to provide an explanation for the travel?

I-864 - Our joint sponsor filed her tax returns online and so she did not have to sign the forms. She printed out her returns and sent them to me, but they are not signed. Does the tax return need to be signed?


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland

*** Moving from AOS from Family Visa to AOS from Work Visa as OP;s wife is on a H1-B ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I-130 either passport or citizenship certificate to prove your citizenship. Birth certificate is along with g325a.

I864 with copy of tax return, and ALL associated forms, schedules... A tax return only is not sufficient. And no, it doesn't need to be signed.


12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...