NoorAbbas

Visa Has Been Issued But Passport Not Received

33 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The embassy emailed me to come pickup so I went back to the same counter I had my interview. Once I saw issued, I emailed the embassy and asked them if I should com pickup.

. No, mine was stuck in ready the entire time, sorry I wasn't clear. It went from ready to AP to issued with the day. They claimed it was issued before but the issue date stamped was only 2 days before my pickup.

You may not be able to call but f they are like Jamaica, they do respond to emails with 5 business days.

USCIS:

Marriage (if applicable): 2012-08-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-05-10

I-130 RFE : 2013-12-17

I-130 RFE Sent : 2013-12-30 (they lost his picture)

I-130 Approved : 2014-01-13

NVC:

NVC Received : 2014-02-21

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-03-10

Pay AOS Bill : 2014-03-10

Submit DS-261 : 2014-03-10

DS-261 form reject- under review: NVC keeps saying the form is incorrect. They made an error for two months re this form.

Checklist 1 AOS : They wanted 2013 even though we filed before the end of tax season

Receive IV Bill : 2014-05-23

Pay IV Bill : 2014-05-23

Send IV Package : 2014-05-26

Checklist 2 AOS : 2014-06-06 Issue with resubmitted I-864 form - did not auto populate one of the numbers

Requested Expedite : 2014-07-11

Case Completed at NVC : 2014-07-18

Consulate Received : 2014-07-25

Embassy:

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2014-07-29

Medical : 2014-07-31

Interview : 2014-08-08 - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE Miami: 2014-09-09

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The embassy emailed me to come pickup so I went back to the same counter I had my interview. Once I saw issued, I emailed the embassy and asked them if I should com pickup.

. No, mine was stuck in ready the entire time, sorry I wasn't clear. It went from ready to AP to issued with the day. They claimed it was issued before but the issue date stamped was only 2 days before my pickup.

You may not be able to call but f they are like Jamaica, they do respond to emails with 5 business days.

Oh ok. that scared me for a minute. This embassy doesn't reply to emails or phone calls. I email them anyways even though they never reply to me.

Timeline

So sorry :) I do hope it works out. It was mind wracking for my one month wait but all over now. You will be fine and I pray the best for you

USCIS:

NVC:

DS-261 form reject- under review: NVC keeps saying the form is incorrect. They made an error for two months re this form.

Checklist 1 AOS : They wanted 2013 even though we filed before the end of tax season

Checklist 2 AOS : 2014-06-06 Issue with resubmitted I-864 form - did not auto populate one of the numbers

Embassy:

Timeline

So sorry :) I do hope it works out. It was mind wracking for my one month wait but all over now. You will be fine and I pray the best for you

Thanks. The process does drive you crazy at times. Or it has me anyways.

Timeline

First time I was able to talk to live person at the embassy today.

Try calling them Tomorrow

+92 51 2080000

We tried calling again today but they said the same thing they won't discuss it over the phone. I don't know how you managed to get to talk to someone. I wish we had your luck.

Timeline

We tried calling again today but they said the same thing they won't discuss it over the phone. I don't know how you managed to get to talk to someone. I wish we had your luck.

I call them for other issue and not visa status. Maybe that's y they spoke to me. Inshallah your passport will be with you soon.

Timeline

On the ustraveldocs.com website, if the passport is sent via the courier, will it show on that website? Or what exactly does that website update for ? Does anyone know?

The status date changed again. This is the fourth time. It was issued on Oct 1st, then the date changed on the 15th 22nd and 24th. Hoping this means he'll get his passport soon. Just wondered if that website would say they had sent it via the courier or not.

Timeline

On the ustraveldocs.com website, if the passport is sent via the courier, will it show on that website? Or what exactly does that website update for ? Does anyone know?

The status date changed again. This is the fourth time. It was issued on Oct 1st, then the date changed on the 15th 22nd and 24th. Hoping this means he'll get his passport soon. Just wondered if that website would say they had sent it via the courier or not.

Did you contact local courier? I will recommend calling Amex office tom

Timeline

Just to update. My husband finally received his passport yesterday. The embassy sent it to the courier on Oct 15th. On the 17th my husband went to the courier but they said they didn't have it. He called them two more times. Once per week after that. Each time they said it wasn't there yet. Every day I kept sending messages to the embassy via their online form. Finally yesterday someone from the embassy phoned my husband to ask him what the deal was and if he had received his passport. He told her no and about visiting the courier etc.

She called him back a few minutes later and told him to go to the courier that they would remain open until he got there. (It's a little over an hour from his house and they were due to close in 30 mins)

So long story short, he finally got his passport. If the courier hadn't goofed, it would have only taken five business days from the time it was issued until he received it. Instead it took nearly 30 days for us to get his passport.

But alhamdulilah wa shukr he has it so I won't complain.

Timeline

Finally..congrats

USCIS:

NVC:

Embassy:

Timeline

Congrats on finally getting the passport in hand. It would drive me crazy as well. I have two specific questions if you dont mind them answering. I will be going through this process in the near future and would like to know the specifics of the process a little in advance.

1. Who schedules the Interview date at the US Embassy in Islamabad? Is it done by NVC or by the US Embassy one they receive your case in the mail?

2. How does one gets the passport back from the US Embassy after you hand it to them during your visa interview day? Like which courier and is it delivered to your home or what?

Thanks

Come join the Scan Date to Case Complete thread. To be added to the Scan Date to Case Complete spreadsheet, simply post your Scan Date and/or Case Complete date in the thread. You will be added to the spreadsheet which is available now.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/592291-scan-date-to-case-complete-spreadsheet/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bLgqeV5tr9zHOSY5IqtYn3RURVO3C0iMBGVwUviVruk/edit#gid=0

Timeline

The NVC schedules the interview. Once they complete the case they'll notify you it is completed and is being sent to the embassy. About two weeks after we received that notification, we received the interview letter and date.

Here is the courier info and link http://www.ustraveldocs.com/pk/pk-niv-passporttrack.asp#LocationsandTimings (go to the bottom of the page where it says locations and timings and click on the place where it says CLICK HERE then a part will open that shows all of the courier locations in Pakistan if you let me know what city you're in I can give you the specific info for you)

For us it was the one in Lahore because it was the closest to where we lived. (We lived in Sheikhupura) depending upon which one of these you're closest to that is the one where you will go.

Normally 5 business days after your visa is issued the embassy sends to the courier and the courier phones you and sends an email to let you know your passport is ready for pick up. But that didn't happen with us. So if you don't receive your passport within a week or two after it is issued. Make sure to contact the embassy via their online form. It took about 2 weeks of me emailing them daily but then they finally contacted us and sorted out the problem.

It doesn't get delivered to your home. you have to go to the courier location nearest to you and pick it up. The charge is 1000 rupees to collect the passport or that is what they charged us. If you go to a different location other than Lahore it might be different for you.

Hope that helps if you need any other info just let me know.

Edited by NoorAbbas

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.