8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello, My name is Karan and i am usa citizen. My cousin wants to apply for her parents-in-law. Both husband and wife are citizen. But there last years w2 is not much to apply for their parents in india. They are asking my help if i can be the co-sponser for them. But i also need to apply for my parents-in-law in india. I am planning to apply there's next year. If i help my cousin to be a co-sponser for her parents-in-law. Will i will have any problems next year if i apply for my parents-in-law? I have already provided them my w2 and passport copy, without my intension they can still apply for there parents-in-law? or before they use my help they will need more papers or any signed papers from me?

Please help!!! i am really worried, that they might go head and use my info to bering their parents here.

As long as your current income is 125% above poverty guideline for your own household size + your cousin-in-law 2 parents + your own 2 parents - in-law, you will be fine..

Also, please read through the I-864 obligations before agreeing to co-sponsors.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

What is your income, and how many in your household currently (you, husband, kids...)?

You can sponsor more than one person, but as mentioned in the previous reply, you need to have enough income.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Hello,

Thanks to both who are trying to help me out here, i tried calling nvc and uicis but both put me on hold for more then 1hour.

Right now we are 3 members( myself,wife and son ).

My wife does part time and full time student. We both bring at least $45,000 yearly. We really want to apply for my parents-in-law next year. Just worried if i help my cousin parents it will effect when we apply for my parents-in-law ? Do we need to wait before my cousin parents-in-law case is over? while the first case going on and i can go ahead and apply for my parents-in-law? Someone told me, if first case is over i have to wait 120days to apply for second case?

Please help me out!!

Timeline

If you and your wife are making a combined yearly income of $90'000, and you have a household of 7 (you three plus your parents plus cousin's parents), you can file for them all, you make enough. You do NOT need to wait any time,and it does not matter who you file for first.

Keep in mind that you are financially responsible not just until cousin's parents have the visa, but until they become citizens, or have worked for ten years. If the parents are elderly, medical care is expensive and if your cousins cannot reach the 125% of poverty level for the visa, you may end up paying for stuff later....

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Hello,

Right now i am living with my parents, my parents and my wife together we do around 75,000 yearly. My wife just got citizenship few months ago, and her parents live in canada right now( 3years working vissa in canada ) . So if i tell my cousin to apply her parents in law right now, and later next year in janurary i can still go ahead and apply for my parents in law ? I also have bro-in-law in dubai, i am trying to apply for his vissa visit as well next year. it should not be any problems right?

Timeline

I am confused now... how did we go from "We both bring at least $45,000 yearly." to "my parents and my wife together we do around 75,000 yearly."?

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.