Sign in to follow this  
BKNTUSA

I-129F RFE Intent to Marry

5 posts in this topic

Hi All,

From a previous post, "I-129 RFE" I finally received it. Originally sent September 9 - post office sent back. Then recent and now..."Submit evidence from the Beneficiary that he plans tomarry the petitioner..."

I thought I read all your posts and details in great length. We submitted a letter explaining how we met, our intent to marry. We wrote, "making preparations for a small wedding service – at a big location. We want the event to be unique and convenient to my Father, his U.S. cousins and friends most of whom are all in the Northeast U.S... We acknowledge the legal requirements and will be married in the first 90 days after Nelson’s legal acceptance and entry into the United States. We will meet the requirement with marriage by a Justice of the Peace in the City of New York or in the City of Boston, MA, to later be followed by a more special ceremony. "

I had it Notarized in the Dom Rep by a Notario and my signature Notarized at Chase Bank.

Not good enough or? seperate letters or? What did I miss...I want to get this back to them and concerned if it requires translations, faxes, fedexes etc...Dec 7 is the cut off...

Any thoughts appreciated...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Both the petitioner and the beneficiary must complete and sign a form just like the example below. Original signatures, not photo or scanned copies.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance_Letter_of_Intent.doc

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi, we had the same RFE. I basically took the same letter he wrote and modified it to establish that I would marry my fiance on the 90 days after entering the US, signed it, scanned it, sent it on an email to my fiance and he printed it and sent it back to USCIS. So basically, 2 letters, one from him and one from me, saying we would marry each other after I entered the US... not everybody does it the same way, some people do one letter, both sign it and that's it, your case sounds similar to mine. Good luck!

09/25/2012: Sent I-129F
10/02/2012: NOA1
12/11/2012: Touched - alien registration number changed
04/01/2013: Touched - not sure what happened here, only the date changed
04/05/2013: Touched - petitioner's address was changed

05/26/2013: RFE - letter of intent was not signed by beneficiary

05/14/2013: I-129F Approved

06/03/2013: Case forwarded to Consulate

08/27/2013: Interview - Approved!

09/05/2013: Visa in hands

11/01/2013: Moved to the US (POE Miami)

12/03/2013: We got married!! heart.gif

01/06/2014: AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox

01/17/2014: NOA1

02/13/2014: Biometrics appointment

03/13/2014: EAD and AP approved

04/22/2014: Case touched, change of address

04/30/2014: Notice of potential interview waiver case received

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZTZum5.png

Both the petitioner and the beneficiary must complete and sign a form just like the example below. Original signatures, not photo or scanned copies.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance_Letter_of_Intent.doc

Thanks. I sent them a Live, real original signatures of mine and Nelsons with real seals from both notaries. No copies ever of anything.

That is why I was perplexed.

Correct me if I am wrong but the RFE says that you were missing a letter of Intent. Now whether you forgot to include it or it went missing at the servicing center it is according the RFE missing. So send them a copy of the missing letter of intent.

BTW whether they accept it or not the I-129 instructions allow for copied signatures unless other wise noted. See http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf page 1, last paragraph on the page Copies.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.