K415

PART 6 of I-864

9 posts in this topic

My Co- sponsor is Retired person and currently he has income and he is filling 1040 jointly with his wife.

My question

1. Part 6 - item 5 and item 6.a,b & c

Since his wife's income is also included in his household income, does he has to fill part 6.a., 6.b. & 6.c.? (screenshot is attached)

2. Part 6- item 13.a, b & c

according to what I have understood, he has to use his total income ( which is line no. 22 of 1040), but he is filling tax jointly with his wife, so which income should he use?

post-192904-0-71332500-1413586673_thumb.jpg

post-192904-0-63805700-1413586780_thumb.jpg

post-192904-0-93595100-1413587162_thumb.jpg

~~moved to process and procedures from progress reports: It helps if you post in the right forum to get the answers you are looking for ;) Plus weekends are quite slow.~~

His will will need to file an I-864A unless you want to pull his income off his W2s for his total income.

Personally because it's hard to separate income, I would have his wife do the I-864A as his household member. He'd put her info in the Part 6 questions 6 (etc..) Then send one tax return transcript for both of them along with proof of current income and USC or LPR status.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

~~moved to process and procedures from progress reports: It helps if you post in the right forum to get the answers you are looking for ;) Plus weekends are quite slow.~~

His will will need to file an I-864A unless you want to pull his income off his W2s for his total income.

Personally because it's hard to separate income, I would have his wife do the I-864A as his household member. He'd put her info in the Part 6 questions 6 (etc..) Then send one tax return transcript for both of them along with proof of current income and USC or LPR status.

Thanks a lot.

OMG goodness "his wife" not his will will.

So sorry!

oh I got it. lol,

You guys are very smart than my attorney. I never saw such a incapable person as my attorney.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

In the same boat over here trying to figure this one out. Did it wrong actually (used the number on her income line and the W-2's) and need to fix it with the total from line 20 which will include both incomes is what I am hearing...? Ok...good to know, and save us a check list!

Best (L) ,

Holly :wub: partner to Shai :ph34r:,mother of Raya :star:,Narayan :rofl: and baby Raven :dance: all whom are trying to get back home :alien:just as fast as we can.... :girlwerewolf2xn:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Israel

Marriage : 2009-09-18

I-130 Sent : 2014-07-21

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-07-28

I-130 Approved : 2014-08-20

NVC Received : 2014-09-15

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-09-18

Pay AOS Bill : 2014-09-19

Send AOS Package : 2015-08-10

Submit DS-261 : 2014-09-18

Receive IV Bill : 2014-09-29

Pay IV Bill : 2014-09-30

Send IV Package :2015-08-10

NVC stamped received: 2015-08-13

IV checklist received: 2015-09-18

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :11/15/2015

Case Completed at NVC :10/14/2015

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Interview Date :12/08/2015

Interview Result :

In the same boat over here trying to figure this one out. Did it wrong actually (used the number on her income line and the W-2's) and need to fix it with the total from line 20 which will include both incomes is what I am hearing...? Ok...good to know, and save us a check list!

I am glad, you get it corrected, using my post.

Well there are some of the things I would like to explain you, which I have understood from VJ's like NRL and one other VJ , I forgot the name but he/she is from Argentina.

PART 6 ITEM 5: Here you need to put individual annual income of sponsor and if you are using co-sponsor.

In case the case of only sponsor if this income is combine income of someone other person in a house ( in case income is not enough 125% of above poverty line) then we need to fill his/her name in PART 6 ITEM 6 and so on.

Same as if some one is taking help of co-sponsor.

Now PART 6 ITEM 13.a: Here many people are getting confused.

So here you need to fill the Gross income ( which is line 22 of 1040).

In case, co - sponsor filling tax jointly and if co-sponsor is making majority of income then there is no need of I-864A.

But if co-sponsor is not making majority of income then it is mandatory to fill I-864A by whomsoever is sharing that joint income ( which needed to be mentioned PART 6 ITEM 13.a).

Along with I-864A there will be need of W-2 and US citizenship proof of that person.

In case if income mentioned in 1040 line 22 is joint tax income, it is advisable to fill i-864A. Of course there is will additional paper work but it won't hurt in fact chances of getting REF will be less.

If sponsor or co-sponsor is filing tax using 1040EZ, then NVC needs adjusted gross income. that is line 4 of 1040EZ.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I am glad, you get it corrected, using my post.

Well there are some of the things I would like to explain you, which I have understood from VJ's like NRL and one other VJ , I forgot the name but he/she is from Argentina.

PART 6 ITEM 5: Here you need to put individual annual income of sponsor and if you are using co-sponsor.

In case the case of only sponsor if this income is combine income of someone other person in a house ( in case income is not enough 125% of above poverty line) then we need to fill his/her name in PART 6 ITEM 6 and so on.

Same as if some one is taking help of co-sponsor.

Now PART 6 ITEM 13.a: Here many people are getting confused.

So here you need to fill the Gross income ( which is line 22 of 1040).

In case, co - sponsor filling tax jointly and if co-sponsor is making majority of income then there is no need of I-864A.

But if co-sponsor is not making majority of income then it is mandatory to fill I-864A by whomsoever is sharing that joint income ( which needed to be mentioned PART 6 ITEM 13.a).

Along with I-864A there will be need of W-2 and US citizenship proof of that person.

In case if income mentioned in 1040 line 22 is joint tax income, it is advisable to fill i-864A. Of course there is will additional paper work but it won't hurt in fact chances of getting REF will be less.

If sponsor or co-sponsor is filing tax using 1040EZ, then NVC needs adjusted gross income. that is line 4 of 1040EZ.

Wow!!! Thanks for all the wonderful info!!

I think I got it all. I will just go ahead and have my step father fill out the I-864A and add his retirement forms and passport copy. Was not sure on the last part either, so thanks for that as well. Wishing you great luck and super success with all this crazy process...and Thanks again for your time.

Best (L) ,

Holly :wub: partner to Shai :ph34r:,mother of Raya :star:,Narayan :rofl: and baby Raven :dance: all whom are trying to get back home :alien:just as fast as we can.... :girlwerewolf2xn:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Israel

Marriage : 2009-09-18

I-130 Sent : 2014-07-21

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-07-28

I-130 Approved : 2014-08-20

NVC Received : 2014-09-15

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-09-18

Pay AOS Bill : 2014-09-19

Send AOS Package : 2015-08-10

Submit DS-261 : 2014-09-18

Receive IV Bill : 2014-09-29

Pay IV Bill : 2014-09-30

Send IV Package :2015-08-10

NVC stamped received: 2015-08-13

IV checklist received: 2015-09-18

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :11/15/2015

Case Completed at NVC :10/14/2015

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Interview Date :12/08/2015

Interview Result :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.