gie29

Starting K1, NSO Birth Certificate problems (split from we just starting k1 visa process)

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello. I am new to this forum. I took some time to read some articles and I find it so helpful. Me and my boyfriend is now planning to start the petition. I am the beneficiary. We have been dating each other for almost 7 months now. He visited me in here in my home country last month (the moment we were waiting for). We are very positive that we found each other at the right time and that we would like to end this distance. I know it'll take time before everything will be processed and completed (hopefully I can pass the interview in 1 take). And I am starting to work on my papers.I am currently having a situation with my NSO Birth Certificate. This is very complicated.
To start with, my paper was tagged as "Late Registration". which means that I should be using my mom's maiden name but since my parents sent me to school - to getting good job, I am using my father's instead. Now, we already have that fixed. However, my mom's maiden name is misspelled on my updated NSO paper.

My question is: Will the local US embassy deny our application upon knowing this matter?

And she is also having trouble with her birth and baptismal. She has multiple names(misspelled and a totally different one) on her birth certificate, baptismal and marriage contract . Let me put it this way:

Her maiden name on my NSO paper shows: Jemma Chavvez Sison

Her birth certificate, baptismal and marriage contract (respectively);

Jina Chaves Cruz, Jenna Chavez Cruz, Jemma Sison Enriquez.

Will it help if a legal document will prove those names belong to just one person? Or do you suggest me to get that fix too?

I know, it is crazy. Isn't it? I highly appreciate it if I can hear your thoughts about this matter.

Annie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Split from we just starting k1 visa process, Please don't post your questions in others threads as it can cause confusion to all who try to reply.~~

~~Moved from K1 Process and Procedures to Philippines forum as this question needs Country specific answers.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Timeline

~~Split from we just starting k1 visa process, Please don't post your questions in others threads as it can cause confusion to all who try to reply.~~

~~Moved from K1 Process and Procedures to Philippines forum as this question needs Country specific answers.~~

Thank you so much, i was confused as to how to go about using the website. I appreciate so much.

Is your name spelled correctly on the BC?

mine is now spelled correctly.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for your response hank. It really confuses me so much. Do you think a joint affidavit confirming that those names belong to one person will help?

No. If you feel the misspelling will be an issue then maybe start the process to have the spellings corrected. Misspelled names on the BC are very common.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello hank.. my case is i used my mothers maiden name..cause my father is not listed in my birth certificate ..but my fiance put my fathers name in the form to send to uscis.. now my case is already at nvc but we are put ap at nvc.. is that a big problem ? is that cause a denial? we are under k-1

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello hank.. my case is i used my mothers maiden name..cause my father is not listed in my birth certificate ..but my fiance put my fathers name in the form to send to uscis.. now my case is already at nvc but we are put ap at nvc.. is that a big problem ? is that cause a denial? we are under k-1

What is your name on the birth certificate? That is the name that should be in the I-129F, you legal name.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

For example my name in bith cert. is Gemma sison and we put the same in filing..but my fiancé put my fathers name when the form ask my father complete name.. But my father is not in my birth certificate as I don't use his surname .,I use my mothers maiden name instead.. So my mothers maiden name is sison

Timeline

I don't have a problem with my name in all my documents cause I use the same like passport nbi cenomar etc..just my fathers name cause my fiancé should leave it blank in the form g-325a as he is not listed in my birth certificate..I hope that won't cause me a problem..

Timeline

So it won't be a problem that my fathers name is put on form g325a even he is not listed in my birth certificate.. ? I was born when my parents didn't married yet..but they are married now.

Timeline

I don't see it as a problem that you father is listed on the forms, if the COs asks be honest... I see no issue there.

I don't see it as a problem that you father is listed on the forms, if the COs asks be honest... I see no issue there.

ohh.. thank u.. i really hope that case doesnt put as on ap at nvc.. i hope there is no issue or a serious reason why we put on ap..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.