Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Sponsorship mother in-law

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India

Yes, I believe so. I was in the same situation a couple of years ago. For a visitor's visa, I supplied the following information:

1. Letter from my employer stating that I am gainfully employed with them (suggest that it have a date that is relatively close to her interview date at the US consulate)

2. 3-4 pay stubs

3. Bank account statements (showing a few thousand dollars) for the past 2-3 months.

4. An invitation letter in which you are inviting your in-law to come visit you to the US. Mention that you will bear the financial responsibility for her airfare, stay, food, clothing and any medical expenses (if needed) while in the USA.

That was it. My MIL had a 5 minute interview and the embassy issued her a 10 year multiple entry visa.

Good luck!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...