GBCW

NO WAY: You will not make Australia home

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

You need to call congress and have them amend the US Constitution. Of course, you could consider moving to Australia, but the very laws you praise would prevent you from finding safe harbor there.

It is a blessing to actually witness a government with the common sense and courage to establish and enforce immigration laws concerning their citizens security and future tax liabilities. Does someone have the fax number to the Oval Office so that I can forward this to "0" so he can see how it is done?

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The US Constitution does not need amended, it and all the other laws we ALREADY have on the books concerning immigration just need to be followed and allowed to be enforced. Not ignored, blocked or by-passed totally by our money-hungry, corrupt, self-serving, agenda chasing, sell their mother's for a dollar/vote/ favor politicians.

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

Timeline

I agree the USC needs not be amended, but to bring about the police state you propose, you would need to amend the Constitution. What Australia did would not be possible in America because of the way our Constitution was written. It is not a matter of what politicians want to do so much as what they can do without getting blocked by lawsuits and the legal system.

The US Constitution does not need amended, it and all the other laws we ALREADY have on the books concerning immigration just need to be followed and allowed to be enforced. Not ignored, blocked or by-passed totally by our money-hungry, corrupt, self-serving, agenda chasing, sell their mother's for a dollar/vote/ favor politicians.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

I agree the USC needs not be amended, but to bring about the police state you propose, you would need to amend the Constitution. What Australia did would not be possible in America because of the way our Constitution was written. It is not a matter of what politicians want to do so much as what they can do without getting blocked by lawsuits and the legal system.

I agree with the most of your reply but not so much with the last part! I am still trying to get the taste of Obama Care out of my mouth!

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

Timeline

Personal responsibility bites, when applied to oneself sometimes...

I agree with the most of your reply but not so much with the last part! I am still trying to get the taste of Obama Care out of my mouth!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Personal responsibility bites, when applied to oneself sometimes...

So requiring me to purchase policies with added services I don't need or are even biologically equipped to use can be pushed down my throat in the best interest of the nation and myself by the government with a middle of the night secret vote is perfectly acceptable, but an immigration law already on the books that serves to protect the nation's borders and all of her legal residents and citizens from disease, terror, and crime that can be manipulated for political interests by lobbyists, politicians, and self-interest groups has to be decided by the court system to serve the best interest of person who broke immigration laws to enter or overstayed because they discovered our social care services are better than those of their country of origin and do not want to leave, can not be decided by politicians and amending the US Constitution? Looks like John Q. Public is getting screwed coming and going in the interests of preserving the rights of people who are not here legally in the first place.

Timeline

In essence, if you want to change the way humans are treated while on US soil, you would need to change the US Constitution. Fact is, nobody wants to tackle that, so we end up with the broken immigration system we currently have.

So requiring me to purchase policies with added services I don't need or are even biologically equipped to use can be pushed down my throat in the best interest of the nation and myself by the government with a middle of the night secret vote is perfectly acceptable, but an immigration law already on the books that serves to protect the nation's borders and all of her legal residents and citizens from disease, terror, and crime that can be manipulated for political interests by lobbyists, politicians, and self-interest groups has to be decided by the court system to serve the best interest of person who broke immigration laws to enter or overstayed because they discovered our social care services are better than those of their country of origin and do not want to leave, can not be decided by politicians and amending the US Constitution? Looks like John Q. Public is getting screwed coming and going in the interests of preserving the rights of people who are not here legally in the first place.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Other Timeline

I think most respondents to this thread have misunderstood what Australia is doing. If the US was an island in the middle of the pacific, it might well be able to do the same thing. Geography lessons tell me, the US is nothing like Australia.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I follow the Guardian online, they have UK, US and AU sections. From what I have read most of this is just bluster.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”