RickJustice

OMG...my long story...so excited right now! Need help though.

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I petitioned my current fiance, Noni, in May 2013 and got the approval Oct 25, 2013. However a month later we broke up...the hardships of a long distance relationship. Nothing came from that 1st petition. A few months later, I got into a serious relationship with another, and decided to petition her (a little fast on my part). Well, as it turns out that 2nd girl wasn't all she was pretending to be, and also me and Noni remained best friends, which I valued greatly. It was either lose the friendship and continue and take a chance on someone who turned out wasn't worth it, or drop the petition and go from there.

I withdrew the 2nd petition 2 wks after acceptance.

I then decided to travel back to the PI to see if me and Noni still had the fires of love inside, and not just friendship. This was both our decision. It turned out we did, and so I proposed to her again and she accepted on Sept 6, 2014. I filed another petition Sept 29, 2014.

Today Oct 6, on our monthsary, I was looking to see how far someone can extend their NOA2 just in case we cannot get an interview by the expiration. I am familiar with the timelines and such. I came across a post saying that the embassy can extend up to a year in 4 month increments. So a wild idea and a glimmer of hope popped into my mind and decided to call the embassy to beg to see if they can reopen the case.

It turns out the embassy automatically renews every 4 months to the date of the last notification, which in my case is Dec 3, 2013. So our case has not expired and is still good until Dec 3, 2014 (or Dec 2, 2014). I confirmed with the embassy and she is good to go to make the payment, schedule the interview and exam!

Thank God we bypassed 3-5 months of waiting for the new petition to go through. As for how the new petition will affect the old petition, I don't know. If anyone has any suggestions on how to proceed...which application should she bring with her? Should she bring both versions of the i-129f application because there's added jobs and addresses and proof of relationship on there? Can anyone suggest something to this please...Hank?

We're so excited!

Just found out my NOA2 approved Oct 25, 2013 is still good. Was automatically extended by the embassy until one year of the last date of notification which is Dec 3, 2013. It's a race now.

Thank God we bypassed 3-5 months of waiting for the new petition to go through. As for how the new petition will affect the old petition, I don't know. If anyone has any suggestions on how to proceed...which application should she bring with her? Should she bring both versions of the i-129f application because there's added jobs and addresses and proof of relationship on there? Can anyone suggest something to this please...Hank?

We're so excited!

She doesn't bring a copy of the I-129F petition to the interview, the embassy already has it. Just prepare for the interview like normal:

• Complete the medical exam
  • Fill out DS-160
  • Schedule embassy interview online

At the interview bring:

• Confirmation page of DS-160
  • Appointment confirmation for interview
  • I-134 and most recent year tax return and W2
  • NSO birth certificate
  • CENOMAR
  • NBI clearance (green form)
  • Evidence of your relationship (photos, chat logs, etc.) -- They only asked to see some photos from us

There are other things you may need to bring if they apply to you. Here is the link to the embassy instruction letter: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/packets/K1%20and%20K2%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_updated%2010%20SEP%202014_.pdf

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I petitioned my current fiance, Noni, in May 2013 and got the approval Oct 25, 2013. However a month later we broke up...the hardships of a long distance relationship. Nothing came from that 1st petition. A few months later, I got into a serious relationship with another, and decided to petition her (a little fast on my part). Well, as it turns out that 2nd girl wasn't all she was pretending to be, and also me and Noni remained best friends, which I valued greatly. It was either lose the friendship and continue and take a chance on someone who turned out wasn't worth it, or drop the petition and go from there.

I withdrew the 2nd petition 2 wks after acceptance.

I then decided to travel back to the PI to see if me and Noni still had the fires of love inside, and not just friendship. This was both our decision. It turned out we did, and so I proposed to her again and she accepted on Sept 6, 2014. I filed another petition Sept 29, 2014.

Today Oct 6, on our monthsary, I was looking to see how far someone can extend their NOA2 just in case we cannot get an interview by the expiration. I am familiar with the timelines and such. I came across a post saying that the embassy can extend up to a year in 4 month increments. So a wild idea and a glimmer of hope popped into my mind and decided to call the embassy to beg to see if they can reopen the case.

It turns out the embassy automatically renews every 4 months to the date of the last notification, which in my case is Dec 3, 2013. So our case has not expired and is still good until Dec 3, 2014 (or Dec 2, 2014). I confirmed with the embassy and she is good to go to make the payment, schedule the interview and exam!

We're so excited!

Did you withdraw the 2nd petition in writing with USCIS or whatever? Not sure where you were in that process, was it with USCIS or was it on the way to NVC/USEM?

The copy of the I-129F application (original) is not needed nor requested at the interview, USEM has the original. ;) So don't bring ANY... rule #1 = Never DO-DO when DO will DO. Do NOT volunteer information, only answer questions honestly.

You will need LOTS of evidence of an ongoing relationship, latest airfare tickets, more pictures, etc, etc - very possible the embassy will be curious, so be prepared. Just don't offer it up unless ASKED.

Make sure your fiancee is knows all about you, your work, your home etc. Updated information about you will be done in the DS-160 and the I-134.

For everything else, follow the flashing arrow below.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Did you withdraw the 2nd petition in writing with USCIS or whatever? Not sure where you were in that process, was it with USCIS or was it on the way to NVC/USEM?

The copy of the I-129F application (original) is not needed nor requested at the interview, USEM has the original. ;) So don't bring ANY... rule #1 = Never DO-DO when DO will DO. Do NOT volunteer information, only answer questions honestly.

You will need LOTS of evidence of an ongoing relationship, latest airfare tickets, more pictures, etc, etc - very possible the embassy will be curious, so be prepared. Just don't offer it up unless ASKED.

Make sure your fiancee is knows all about you, your work, your home etc. Updated information about you will be done in the DS-160 and the I-134.

For everything else, follow the flashing arrow below.

The 2nd petition was withdrawn in writing and I got confirmation of the withdrawal. I'll be calling USCIS to put a hold on the 3rd petition (Noni's new petition) today. I hope I can do that.

Just a little frightened the embassy won't have the old petition since it's been 10months with no word from us. However, 2 of the agents there said they automatically renew it ever 4 months. So I'm hoping for the best. I'll grab a copy of the old petition from the immigration service I used last year. Just in case. But yep...we'll get all the needed paperwork and new evidence for the interview. I hope a pic collage on a piece of paper with brief descriptions will do, along with the new ring receipt and passport stamps. We're on overdrive now as this was totally unexpected. Doing the payment later today 8pm pst, then the medical on Friday, CFO on Monday or sometime next week, and we're going to try for an interview Oct 22-24. And with any luck and no hold, she should be here by Thanksgiving. :)

Edited by RickJustice

Just found out my NOA2 approved Oct 25, 2013 is still good. Was automatically extended by the embassy until one year of the last date of notification which is Dec 3, 2013. It's a race now.

Timeline

The 2nd petition was withdrawn in writing and I got confirmation of the withdrawal. I'll be calling USCIS to put a hold on the 3rd petition (Noni's new petition) today. I hope I can do that.

Just a little frightened the embassy won't have the old petition since it's been 10months with no word from us. However, 2 of the agents there said they automatically renew it ever 4 months. So I'm hoping for the best. I'll grab a copy of the old petition from the immigration service I used last year. Just in case. But yep...we'll get all the needed paperwork and new evidence for the interview. I hope a pic collage on a piece of paper with brief descriptions will do, along with the new ring receipt and passport stamps. We're on overdrive now as this was totally unexpected. Doing the payment later today 8pm pst, then the medical on Friday, CFO on Monday or sometime next week, and we're going to try for an interview Oct 22-24. And with any luck and no hold, she should be here by Thanksgiving. :)

Your file is still open at USEM, so the original case file is still there also... no worries. Seriously it will be of NO value bringing a copy of the I-129F petition to the interview. Your fiancee may want to read it, but then you changed jobs and such so not of much value there either.... so still next to useless. Your fiancee needs to know all about your new job, and anything else that has changed, just in case they ask.

Did you get an appointment scheduled with CFO already?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Your file is still open at USEM, so the original case file is still there also... no worries. Seriously it will be of NO value bringing a copy of the I-129F petition to the interview. Your fiancee may want to read it, but then you changed jobs and such so not of much value there either.... so still next to useless. Your fiancee needs to know all about your new job, and anything else that has changed, just in case they ask.

Did you get an appointment scheduled with CFO already?

no appointment yet. We'll be doing that later on today. I checked the availability and there's alot of open slots.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

However a month later we broke up...the hardships of a long distance relationship. Nothing came from that 1st petition. A few months later, I got into a serious relationship with another,

A person who suffers fatal "hardships of a long distance relationship" does not immediately start another one. An interviewer is going to ask.

My radar is trained to detect when my perceptions are being managed. The passive voice is always a clue.

Positive voice: "I dumped her because she's ugly". Passive voice: "the hardships of a long distance relationship". Sounds like the hardships did it instead of people being involved that made decisions based upon concrete happenings.

The fact you don't want me to know is what I am trained to detect. It is axiomatic to a trained investigator that this is something they need to probe: why doesn't he want me to know? I don't need to know. I am just telling you to a trained investigator will want to know.

Timeline

What a story......Semper Fi.

Edited by ChEd

USCIS BE LIKE.......WE ARE WORKING AS FAST AS WE CAN GUYS!

snail_mail.jpg

28 Sep 2014 -- Mailed I-129F

01 Oct 2014 -- I-129F Delivered to USCIS

06 Oct 2014 -- NOA1 Received via Text/Email

14 Oct 2014 -- NOA1 Hard Copy Received

23 Oct 2014 -- Petition Approved as per USCIS website

30 Oct 2014 -- NOA2 Hard Copy Received

07 Nov 2014 -- NVC Received Petition

10 Nov 2014 -- NVC Case Number Assigned

17 Nov 2014 -- Status Update "Ready for Interview" as per CEAC website

20 Nov 2014 -- NVC Case# Notice Received

22 Nov 2014 -- Medical

16 Dec 2014 -- Interview

18 Dec 2014 -- 221(g) Received via email

22 Dec 2014 -- RFE Instructions received via email

05 Feb 2015 -- RFE Requirements submitted

15 Apr 2015 -- Visa Issued as per CEAC Website

17 Apr 2015 -- Received Embassy Email, Visa on the way!!!!

20 Apr 2015 -- Visa OnHand :)

27 Apr 2015 -- CFO Appointment

Timeline

RickJustice: To be honest, I am glad you found your love for Noni is true and decided to pursue the engagement and marriage. But being your interviewer, I would question your motives for petitioning another woman (and so quickly). It would be a big red flag to me and not an easy interview for your fiance'!

We ALL go through hardships in our long distance relationships. Me and my fiance have never split up and have barely had disagreements. We have had other Filipinas hit on me, guys hit on her "because she is not married yet", and it is naturally hard to love someone and be so far away from them and give them 100% attention. Yet we talk and spend time as much as we can and keep our love burning. I just know she is worth it beyond all, so I willing to wait for her as long as it takes.

Maybe you needed some time away from Noni to really see how you feel for her and the time helped you realize? But I am just being honest with your quick "other woman" petition...it might cause you some unneeded grief and make it more difficult.

No offense intended, and I am not judging, but are you sure you are ready for this? You petitioned another woman quickly and still had the petition for Noni. In any case, I wish you the best and keep us posted!

K1 Fiance Visa Timeline
05/23/2014: K1 Visa petition application sent to Dallas Lockbox
05/30/2014: NOA1 sent out
06/03/2014: NOA1 hard-copy received
09/25/2014: NOA2 sent out, Petition approved!
09/29/2014: NOA2 hard-copy received
10/13/2014: NVC Received Packet
10/16/2014: Case#, IIN, and BIN
10/17/2014: In transit to Manila Embassy
10/19//2014: Consulate received packet
10/21/2014: Visa Fee paid, DS160 Completed
10/22/2014: Interview date set
10/27/2014: St. Lukes medical Day 1
10/28/2014: St. Lukes medical Day 2 - **Passed!**
11/12/2014: Interview at the US Embassy in Manila **Approved!!**
11/19/2014: K1 Visa Packet Received!!!
11/24/2014: CFO (exit) counseling **Done!**
12/06/2014: Fiance' arrived into the United States via O'Hare International Airport
01/29/2015: Married!

"Your I-129f was approved in 118 days from your NOA1 date"
"Your interview took 166 days from your I-129F NOA1 date."
"173 days from NOA1 to K1 Visa Packet in Hand"

AOS Timeline:
04/11/2016 Sent in I-485 Package (plus AP and EAD) to the Chicago Lockbox
04/13/2016 Package delivered via USPS

04/21/2016 Check cashed by USCIS

04/25/2016 Received NOA for all 3

04/30/2016 Biometrics appointment letter received!

05/10/2016 Biometrics appointment

05/18/2016 RFE Mailed to us

05/24/2016 RFE Mail arrived

05/26/2016 Reply to RFE sent out

06/06/2016 USCIS indicated RFE response received

We are also expecting parents now with a due date of November 17th, 2016!

Timeline

ya it was kinda quick. 7 months tbh before I petitioned the other. However, that girl from the 2nd petition kinda charmed me into it. She played her game right. And she was playing a game.

I had to leave the relationship back in late November of last year because of a major 'mistake' on Noni's part. Just my personal rules...and so she can realize her mistake and wake up. We needed time apart...not separated but actual breakup...only way to 'reset' something. Regardless of how close we were to the interview stage, it had to be done.

Feeling lower than #######, I'm somewhat thankful I did find someone to 'bring me back up' even if it was temporary. But the new girl charmed her way in. So I guess she used me, but at least it brought my 'confidence' back up in the process.

However, when me and Noni started talking again after having breathing room for several months...we still saw our friendship was still intact. Heck...my word to her before the breakup was "if she told me the truth, then eventually it can be forgiven". Anyways...the time came when I healed, so we gained back our daily conversations as just friends. She was young and stupid. I know...I made the same mistakes at her age. That's how I was able to forgive her. I just don't want any repeats, hence the breakup and time apart. The rest of the story is as I told it above...when I realized...lose my best friend, or go on with the petition of the girl who I found out to be just using me, it was an easy choice. Anyways...I know we have to explain our time apart. Not going to tell any lies, not going to beautify it, but still thinking on how to explain it without making us look bad for our decisions...her's primarily.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Our visa got approved right on the spot Oct 23. I went with her to the interview and it was smooth sailing. I come home and found out that the 2nd petition application that I just submitted was approved NOA2 on Oct 22. lol. I now have to write a letter to withdraw the 2nd petition.

Right now just waiting for the visa to be issued. Anyone know how long that takes? I hear 7-8 days? is that business days?

Timeline

Our visa got approved right on the spot Oct 23. I went with her to the interview and it was smooth sailing. I come home and found out that the 2nd petition application that I just submitted was approved NOA2 on Oct 22. lol. I now have to write a letter to withdraw the 2nd petition.

Right now just waiting for the visa to be issued. Anyone know how long that takes? I hear 7-8 days? is that business days?

Yes everything is business days, embassy isn't open on weekends and holidays.

As for when it will actually be issued, no one can say. ;)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I had to leave the relationship back in late November of last year because of a major 'mistake' on Noni's part.

Okay, so it wasn't the "hardships of a long distance relationship".

This is a major mistake with an interviewer: to tell a diversionary lie at first, and then change the story when pressed. Even this second story doesn't say what happened, and again: I don't need to know. I am just telling you that in an interview you have to out with the truth because they know how to detect evasion and diversion. It makes them think you are hiding something when it can be nothing at all.

If you said "she lied to me", and then further explained that you demonstrated it was unacceptable by leaving her for a time - an interviewer is going to understand that and think nothing is amiss. But if you lie to the interviewer while having these two different applications they're going to be suspicious.

I infer that you don't want to bad-mouth your fiancé here, which is understandable. So we say something vague like "hardships of a long distance relationship". But with an interviewer you can't do that.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The visa process at the Embassy is now just like an assembly line process now of days.

I did a k1 back in 2008 and for the final interview with a CO you went into a secluded room and had the interview.

Now of days, you have the interview at the same place where you have the pre screening session.

This is was my 3rd K1, The second one I withdrew after NOA2, I was surprised the CO didn't say a word about my previous K1's

I think they have so many interviews per day they have to churn and burn the applicants now of days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.