Godalone

Does everyone have to wait for packet 3 and what is it contain of?

9 posts in this topic

My case was accepted for expedited processing. I had already paid IV fee ans AOS. I did sent NVC AOS, got checklist and I was waiting for them to review IV package when my expedite for NVC got approve. I also did fill DS 260. Check online and it says in transit.

1. How long will I have to wait for an interview?

2. What is packet 3 that I heard everyone have to fill after they go to the embassy and what does it consist of?

3. Do you think it make a difference if I go to the interview or not? We have not had sex, waiting for church ceremony once he arrives here and someone advise me not to go because we could get in trouble if they ask us any sexual related questions and we do not want to lie and get us in trouble because we are hanging by a thread being apart from each other for so long.

SEPTEMBER 19th , 2014 - MY AOS WILL BE REVIEW WITH NO CHECKLIST BECAUSE MY GOD IS AWESOME AND ABLE!

March 6, 2012 [ met my love for the first time on mission trip]

March 10,2013 [ Became a couple ]

August 28, 2013 [visited him for three months]

February 13, 2014 [ Dispatch his family from Naples, Florida to meet with my parents and Pastor to ask for my hand in marriage]

March 3, 2014 [ visited him to spend his 28th birthday with him]

March 4, 2014 [ he proposed to me American style - on one knee. lol]

USCIS

April 6, 2014 - [ Court Marriage as we plan on having a church wedding here with a reception after he arrives and start working]

May 9, 2014 - [ Sent I130 package ]

May 11, 2014 - [ Email & Text notification]

May 14, 2014 - [Letter notification of NOA1]

June 6, 2014 - [Expedite Request]

June 11, 2014 - [I-130 Approve]

NVC

June 19, 2014 - [NVC Received]

July 8, 2014 - [Received DS-261 / AOS Bill]

July 10, 2014- [submit DS-261]

July 11, 2014 - [Pay AOS Bill]

July 25, 2014 - [ Send AOS Package]

August 11, 2014 -[sent IV Package ]

August 22, 2014 - [ Receive IV Bill ]

August 23, 2014 - [Pay IV Bill]

August 26,2014 - Submit DS-260 :

September 16, 2014 - [AOS Checklist received] - I had to find a new sponsor who meet income requirement.

September 19, 2014 - sent expedite request again with doctor's note....

September 22, 2014 - receive email that expedite is under review.

September 23, 2014 - Checklist sent to NVC

September 25, 2014 - Expedite request approced

September 31, 3013 - Case shipped to NVC / IN transit

October 10, 2014 - Case Ready

October 14, 2014 - Picked up Packet 4 from embassy

October 15, 2014 - Medicals

October 28, 2014 - Interview - APPROVED

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My case was accepted for expedited processing. I had already paid IV fee ans AOS. I did sent NVC AOS, got checklist and I was waiting for them to review IV package when my expedite for NVC got approve. I also did fill DS 260. Check online and it says in transit.

2. What is packet 3 that I heard everyone have to fill after they go to the embassy and what does it consist of?

3. Do you think it make a difference if I go to the interview or not? We have not had sex, waiting for church ceremony once he arrives here and someone advise me not to go because we could get in trouble if they ask us any sexual related questions and we do not want to lie and get us in trouble because we are hanging by a thread being apart from each other for so long.

# 1 will depend on how busy the embassy is.

# 2 Download P 3 to review info. Submitting P 3 will trigger interview date.

# 3 If you are the petitioner you will not be at the interview.

Forget your friends ridiculous advise, There will be no questions about your sexual relationship or lack of it.

If you really believe in this concept of god you should know the thread is the basic fabric of your relationship anyway so should be strong enough to hold. If not then that weakness would have caused the fabric to unravel in time. I don't believe in this god myself and always wonder why people are part time believers.

# 1 will depend on how busy the embassy is.

# 2 Download P 3 to review info. Submitting P 3 will trigger interview date.

# 3 If you are the petitioner you will not be at the interview.

Forget your friends ridiculous advise, There will be no questions about your sexual relationship or lack of it.

If you really believe in this concept of god you should know the thread is the basic fabric of your relationship anyway so should be strong enough to hold. If not then that weakness would have caused the fabric to unravel in time. I don't believe in this god myself and always wonder why people are part time believers.

#1 - Thanks

#2- Where do I download from

#3 - My relationship is not for question, I was asking about the interview ( i take out the thread part); we can hold, its not what I meant then again when I am not clear it is up for your interpretation. But its unfortunate you are a beliver because there is no under name under heaven by which man can be save but the name of Jesus. We can believe many thing but they all cant be correct.

SEPTEMBER 19th , 2014 - MY AOS WILL BE REVIEW WITH NO CHECKLIST BECAUSE MY GOD IS AWESOME AND ABLE!

February 13, 2014 [ Dispatch his family from Naples, Florida to meet with my parents and Pastor to ask for my hand in marriage]

USCIS

April 6, 2014 - [ Court Marriage as we plan on having a church wedding here with a reception after he arrives and start working]

NVC

September 16, 2014 - [AOS Checklist received] - I had to find a new sponsor who meet income requirement.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline

You should contact the Consulate / Embassy with an E-mail and Phone call. They will be aware of your case already but will not help until they have the documents from NVC. Make sure to finish the medical based on the rules for your consulate or Embassy.

Once they receive your package, they will inform you that certain pieces are missing. Let them know what pieces you have available and what your timeline is for anything that is missing and needs to be acquired. They will work with you in the process.

Once you have anything that is missing, and all signatures are signed, all T's are crossed, and all i's are dotted, then you can schedule the interview.

Depending on your situation, it could be the same week that they receive your package (if everything is done in time).

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

My case was expedited as well last month, but I only paid the AOS fee at NVC that's it. So, when my case was received at the embassy they called my husband to come get the packet 3. We had to send the marriage certificate, his birth certificate, 2 photos, prove of our relationaship, the medical report, my W2 and the form I-864. That was the packet 3. He dropped off everything September 23 and by September he revieved packet 4 which is the interview letter, it has the date of the interview and time. So, his interview is scheduled for Wednesday October 15............good luck and have a bless Sunday!

My case was expedited as well last month, but I only paid the AOS fee at NVC that's it. So, when my case was received at the embassy they called my husband to come get the packet 3. We had to send the marriage certificate, his birth certificate, 2 photos, prove of our relationaship, the medical report, my W2 and the form I-864. That was the packet 3. He dropped off everything September 23 and by September he revieved packet 4 which is the interview letter, it has the date of the interview and time. So, his interview is scheduled for Wednesday October 15............good luck and have a bless Sunday!

Thanks Godisawesome, I have been following your case - I am praying and looking forward to see how your interview goes. With that said, I sent all this stuff already (minus the proof of relationship) which we had send to USCIS, not NVC and the medical report. I thought that we had to wait for the interview before getting the medical report done? Can we do it now?

The proof of our relationship, I am making a folder for him to take to interview, I guess they are going to ask for all that before the interview.

Did the embassy contact you by email after they received your case or did they contact your husband?

USCIS

NVC

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Thanks Godisawesome, I have been following your case - I am praying and looking forward to see how your interview goes. With that said, I sent all this stuff already (minus the proof of relationship) which we had send to USCIS, not NVC and the medical report. I thought that we had to wait for the interview before getting the medical report done? Can we do it now?

The proof of our relationship, I am making a folder for him to take to interview, I guess they are going to ask for all that before the interview.

Did the embassy contact you by email after they received your case or did they contact your husband?

Thanks, with God grace everything will be fine.

The embassy called my hubby. In the packet 3 they asked him for the medical report. So, you have to have the packet 3 to do the medical ok. As soon as you receive the packet 3 you can go ahead and get it done. Make sure you save a copy of everything to bring to the interview.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

#1 - Thanks

#2- Where do I download from

#3 - My relationship is not for question, I was asking about the interview ( i take out the thread part); we can hold, its not what I meant then again when I am not clear it is up for your interpretation. But its unfortunate you are a beliver because there is no under name under heaven by which man can be save but the name of Jesus. We can believe many thing but they all cant be correct.

Download from embassy web site. Begin to prepare all requested info.

It wasn't me that questioned you relationship; it was yourself. You said it was " hanging by a thread " which could be understandable due to length of time cases may take.

I am afraid you didn't understand what I said about your god concept. I do not believe in any sky entities. If you do its fine of course. As you said we can all believe in many things but they all cant be correct. I have seen too many that said they believed but that was on Sundays. By Monday they returned to who they really are committing many sins knowing they could ask for and be granted forgiveness by earth bound humans.

If your beliefs serve to give you strength then there is value in those beliefs. I wish you well on your journey.

Thanks, with God grace everything will be fine.

The embassy called my hubby. In the packet 3 they asked him for the medical report. So, you have to have the packet 3 to do the medical ok. As soon as you receive the packet 3 you can go ahead and get it done. Make sure you save a copy of everything to bring to the interview.

Praying for you Godalone!

In the meantime, do you know how to contact CIVA if you don't have a card because they stop selling card because Oct 11, they will no longer charge for calling.. Eagerly waiting to be done with this process.

Ps: Thanks for your advice.....

USCIS

NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.