hopeful 4 XMas

Things to keep us ALL CSC,TSC, NVC filers busy while we wait

7 posts in this topic

I have mentioned before on other threads about staying busy has helped me and my fiancée, so how about we start a thread on what to do help get prepared for our future spouse coming, staying busy and staying sane?

I am now 90% done painting the inside of my place, shampooed the carpet once, re-organized / cleaned the garage, basement, house top to bottom and end to end, sold ( $$ always helps : ) and donated a bunch of stuff, all in my spare time.

My fiancee has been making dresses (she is an excellent seamstress on the side : ) , repaired uniforms for free for some local IDF and Filipino UN soldiers and helped a friend get through and recover from a surgery ( Me very proud of her) , all in her spare time as well.

How about some input and ideas to help one another stay busy and stay sane?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Great idea, thanks for posting this.

1. Taking the first steps in home buying: meeting bank lenders and real estate agents. Going to open houses and looking online at homes for sale, sharing the info with my fiancee. I'm going to hold off on buying anything until she's here, but at least I'll have my financials ready when she gets here, and we will have some idea of the type of place we both like.

2. Training for a run I'm doing with my mom later this month. Exercise is a great way to de-stress and relieve anxiety.

3. Trip planning.

4. Cooking more, eating out less. My primary motivation is to lose weight to look better for the wedding, whenever that might be, but cooking is also a good way to be distracted too...

5. Being more pro-active at work. Honestly, the worst, most frustrating time of day for me was there until this past month when I've become very busy at work. July and August were super slow at work, and I spent too much time daydreaming about "us" and our future plans. That's a big reason why I joined this forum in July...

6. This is something I've slacked off on the last 2-3 weeks unfortunately, but being with friends as much as possible. Two reasons: a) to take my mind off things and b) because I probably won't be around those friends nearly as much once my fiancee is here. Might as well make the most of my time with them now!

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Wow looks like we are doing a lot of the same things and I have heard others mention wanting to stay busy but were not sure where to start. I hope more people chime in here, maybe it will help motivate them and the stress level we all feeling will go down some.

Losing weight - I have always been a hiker and backpacker, but I let myself go for a few years, the last 9 months I dropped 55 lbs. by changing my diet walking at lunch time every day at work and walking 1/2 hr to 45 minutes at the end of each day and most Saturdays or Sundays I hike 12 - 20 miles with a 20 lb. pack.

I eat out a lot less as well and rarely fast food, it helps that $$ I was spending on fast food or junk food has gone trip expenses, it was nice to only adjust my budget by a little bit to pay for my last trip, overseas. I have been to lunch with co workers a few times since seeing my fiancée and it has helped to be with others when I am normally alone. But as far as fast goes I have been to a fast food restaurant about 5 times this year. I gave myself a reward at different stages of my weigh loss and caught with old friends.

I am currently renting, but my place needed painting I talked with my land lady and she agreed to let me take the cost of materials off my rent. so may say it crazy to give someone free labor, but it is not free when one considers how much nicer it will look for my bride and how much it helped me stay busy at a time in my life when I needed to just stay busy. So I have a coat closet and two bedroom closets to paint yet, I got everything moved and the closets staged to paint, so I can get two coats on them this weekend. One more major thing off of my list.

At work I try to keep myself occupied, a few months ago my boss lowered my work load when I first returned from seeing my fiancée, she saw my head was not in the game and then slowly increased back. but my boss always came to me before so now that I am getting those projects again it feels good to feel like I am accomplishing something.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi hopeful 4 xmas and usmsbow! Nice to find you in this thread. You two have been so nice during the time that I was very anxious for my interview. :) Remember the affidavit of support thing that made me crazy? Hehe!

Anyway, just wanted to say good luck and hope that everything goes well with you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Thanks! Good luck to you with your move and transition!

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Happily looking for where to get married and looking at wedding dress online while waiting for NOA2! That keeps me happy, haha! :wub: Anyone getting married in North Dakota/Minnesota area? Or maybe some other states nearby? I'm looking for a nice place with beautiful scenery! I thought of destination wedding to Hawaii if the budget allows us too but maybe just do it in those area. lol :dancing:

07-26-2014: I-129 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox
08-11-2014: I-129 package returned for missing information (ouch!)
08-16-2014: I-129 package mailed back to Dallas Lockbox
08-19-2014: USPS confirmation I-129 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

08-21-2014: NOA1 notice via text message
08-29-2014: NOA1 Hard Copy
10-15-2014: RFE notice from USCIS website

10-20-2014: RFE letter received
10-31-2014: RFE replied
12-16-2014: RFE notice from USCIS website
12-31-2014: RFE replied
01-05-2014: RFE response received via USCIS website

01-22-2014: NOA2 via USCIS website
02-26-2015: Received Packet 3
03-12-2015: Sent Packet 3
03-20-2015: Received Packet 4
04-16-2015: Interview
04-22-2015: Received K1 Visa in passport

07-13-2015: POE Chicago, IL
10-03-2015: Married!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.