Cookie Monster 14

Another quick question for interview

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

Hi again,

Okay I am looking down the list of items to bring and what is meant by "All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident status"?

Wouldn't this just be all the stuff from the original AOS packet to begin with?

It seems to me like they ask the same question/things to bring but in different ways a lot. I just want to make sure we have everything. Two weeks and counting down. Thanks for everyone's input.

Filed: Other Timeline

Do not provide additional documents at the interview to the officer without making sure of the content and validity of the information presented -Clients tend to compile paperwork and throw it at the officers at the time of the interview without checking carefully the paperwork submitted.For example: One client submitted all the supporting documents in support of the marriage, not realizing some of the bills submitted had a previous roommate’s name on it.Go through every single piece of paper before submitting to the officer.Any documents without your joint names on it are really not necessary to the case.

I read it here, It might help,http://www.h1b.biz/lawyer-attorney-1213338.html

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

I am not bringing anything that is not on the list trust me. But my question was on the my I-797C one of the items they list is:

"All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident status" What documents are these? What are they looking for? To me it is just basically the AOS packet that was already sent, which is fine, but is this correct?

They seem to ask for the same documentation several times on the I-797C just in different ways to make it sound like a lot of documentation. ;) But like I said I just want to make sure. Thanks.

Filed: Timeline

Just received my letter yesterday... and I have to agree with you... it is a little confusing. Not asking for any specific documents makes you wonder what exactly is it that they want. My guess is that they want to see originals of any document you might have submitted with your AOS package...

A lot of the items listed were already submitted when I filed my applications...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I assume that you are Aosing based on marriage. Besides taking original copies of what you submitted with your package, they are asking for any additional documents (bona fide marriage evidence) that you got after submitting your AOS package. Good luck.

February 28- AOS package sent. ( I-130, I-485, I-765)
March 5- Package delivered to USCIS Chicago.
March 11- Email and text notification with Receipt Numbers.
March 14- Hardcopy of NOA1 for all three applications.
March 21- Received biometrics appointment letter for 04/04/2014
April 2 - Completed Walk in Biometrics appointment successfully. (Original Appointment was for 4th April)
April 9- I-485 Case status has been updated to " Testing & Interview "
April 16- Text and email alert for case update for AOS interview on 22nd May 2014.
April 18- Hardcopy of Interview notice received in mail.
May 22- AOS interview, approved on the spot and got stamp in my passport.
May 27 - Approval notice of I-130 and I-485 in mail.
May 29- Received GC in mail.

ROC Timeline:

03/28/2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

03/29/2016: Package delivered.

03/31/2016: cheque cached.

04/02/2016: Received NOA1 in mail, dated 03/29/2016.

04/13/2016: Received Biometrics notice for the date of 04/25/2016.

04/21/2016: Early walk in Biometrics

09/28/2016: Text and email alert about approval of ROC

10/06/2016: Received 10-years green card in mail

Your eligibility on applying for permanent residence is because of your marriage to a US citizen and because you were inspected at a port of entry or border crossing and entered the US on a visa.

So you need to bring your original marriage certificate, copies of the marriage certificate, approved I-130 (if you have it), your original passport showing admission stamp and visa, copy of I-94 arrival/departure card, and proof of your spouse's US citizenship (US passport, certificate of naturalization, US birth certificate, etc...)

You should also bring supporting documents to prove the bonafides of your marriage.

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

We haven't been scheduled for our interview yet, but we are bringing recent and updated bank statements to show further co-mingling of finances, as well as a copy of our will showing each other as the beneficiary, etc. These are things we didn't have when we submitted the package, or things that will need updating - if our interview is in 3 or 4 months, we'll bring the most recent statements. We're also bringing more recent photos and a box of cards we received at our wedding from various family members and friends.

Our Journey

11/30/11 - First Date

10/26/13 - Engaged!

08/23/14 - MARRIED!

Adjustment of Status

09/03/14 - Package (I-130, I-485 Concurrent Filing) sent to Chicago Lockbox. (Day 00)

09/04/14 - Package delivered and signed for by S. Bush (Day 01)

09/10/14 - Acceptance confirmation text messages/emails received (Day 07)

09/13/14 - Hard copy NOA's received in the mail (Day 10)

09/19/14 - Biometrics letter received in the mail - Appointment October 2nd - (Day 17)

10/02/14 - Biometrics successfully completed on schedule - (Day 29)

10/07/14 - Status of I-485 changed to "Testing and Interview" - (Day 34)

10/08/14 - EAD status changed to "Card/Document Production" - (Day 35)

10/14/14 - EAD shipped - (Day 40)

10/15/14 - EAD received - (Day 41)

01/14/15 - Interview Email Notice Received for 02/18/14 - (Day 133)

01/20/15 - Hard copy of Interview Letter Received - (Day 139)

02/18/15 - Interview at Federal Plaza Location - (Day 168)

02/19/15 - Approved! Status changed to Card/Document Production - (Day 169)

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.