liz asianya

Nigerian embassy communication call log proof need help

35 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hello all, I am praying for my husband to get his visa interview by november.I'm just trying to see if anybody have had the same experience as me when it comes to proof of communication with call logs.my problem is I use calling cards to call my husband. we speak everyday on phone. I use my tmobile cell with a calling card to call him but when I logged on to my T Mobile website to check my call logs, it only had the calling card number and not my husbands number. How do i prove to the CO that my husband is in fact the person that I called every day because there was no proof of that on the call log. Do you think its wise for me to just copy paste the call log and put it on Microsoft word and do some adjusting of the calls that I made, instead of the calling card number anf just replace it with my husbands number? Nigerian embassy experience insight I would really appreciate. Thanks

Edited by liz asianya

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hello all, I am praying for my husband to get his visa interview by november.I'm just trying to see if anybody have had the same experience as me when it comes to proof of communication with call logs.my problem is I use calling cards to call my husband. we speak everyday on phone. I use my tmobile cell with a calling card to call him but when I logged on to my T Mobile website to check my call logs, it only had the calling card number and not my husbands number. How do i prove to the CO that my husband is in fact the person that I called every day because there was no proof of that on the call log. Do you think its wise for me to just copy paste the call log and put it on Microsoft word and do some adjusting of the calls that I made and instead of the calling card number just replace it with my husbands number? Nigerian embassy experience insight I would really appreciate. Thanks

You will need to show other ways you communicate. So in all this time you have nothing at all? I pray you have IM''s ,emails, Facebook Whatsapp. BBM. Its late in the game now about call logs that you don;t have.

And what will you do if the CO ask for the actual original records that you "adjusted" That's a BIG misrep that can get your husband denied and banned. Don;t do it find other communications to show.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Print the T-Mobile information showing that you call Nigeria...That's enough to show you have phone communication....I can guarantee you they barely look at them that closely...You just need to show the ties of communication back and forth to your husband(Because the answer is you just truly cant provide what you don't have)......It doesn't necessary means it have to show your husbands name.....Telling you from my personal experience. Don't edit or copy and paste anything....Print it just the way it is on the T-Mobile website....But don't rely solely on call log....Make sure you have bunch of pictures and cards and emails and anything you can think of.....Evidence is never enough till you hear that magic word....You are approved.....My interview lasted just with 5 to 8 mins max during mine years ago....I think the reason been that I have a whole bunch of evidence to show ....Which make the CO, basically not interested in asking to see because I know he was just looking at me with bunch of papers and just give up..........Very important....let him maintain eye contact with the CO and make sure he speak up......Let him not go and act timid like most Nigerian do....He have to be smart and answer questions as it comes with a very straight eye contact and smile.....That's the secret.......

Good luck and best of married life....

Edited by Oscar12

Filed: Timeline

I suppose your calling card should have a website and if you did register on it you can log in and view or print out the calling history. My wife use Bossrevolution and we talk everyday too. We both can sign in online our account on Bossrevolution and view the call history for more than 1year. It shows my wife number, calling my number with date,time and call duration. if your calling card don't have this feature to check your account, I suggest you switch now to bossrevolution especially if your interview is coming up in like 2 to 3months time so you can have up to that time call history. They actually need recent ones and maybe few old ones thou.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Print the T-Mobile information showing that you call Nigeria...That's enough to show you have phone communication....I can guarantee you they barely look at them that closely...You just need to show the ties of communication back and forth to your husband(Because the answer is you just truly cant provide what you don't have)......It doesn't necessary means it have to show your husbands name.....Telling you from my personal experience. Don't edit or copy and paste anything....Print it just the way it is on the T-Mobile website....But don't rely solely on call log....Make sure you have bunch of pictures and cards and emails and anything you can think of.....Evidence is never enough till you hear that magic word....You are approved.....My interview lasted just with 5 to 8 mins max during mine years ago....I think the reason been that I have a whole bunch of evidence to show ....Which make the CO, basically not interested in asking to see because I know he was just looking at me with bunch of papers and just give up..........Very important....let him maintain eye contact with the CO and make sure he speak up......Let him not go and act timid like most Nigerian do....He have to be smart and answer questions as it comes with a very straight eye contact and smile.....That's the secret.......

Good luck and best of married life....

Well lately Lagos has asked for call logs and very picky about them.

If the OP used those horrible disposable cards that are so great for us and cheap but no history she is out of luck.

Anyone reading this in the future going forward use rebtel, telephonenigeria or best yet use Western Union many of us have sent money well you are earning points and those points can be converted to time on your calling card that has a great log monthly you can print and it has great western union letter head.

OP nothing you can do about it now. I hope you had a few visit with a good long visit concentrate on that. That's your best evidence you have. And focus on the rest of your evidence.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

I have whattsapp, outing pics,civil wedding pics, and family members pics too. Hope this would be enough. Thanks for the advice guys. Wish me luck!

Timeline

I have whattsapp, outing pics,civil wedding pics, and family members pics too. Hope this would be enough. Thanks for the advice guys. Wish me luck!

How about emails or Facebook chats ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Call the company and ask if they can provide itemized call logs with date/time/number/name with a notarized written request.
Don't alter your existing phone logs.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Hi!Dwheel is right.U S consulate Lagos has been very particular about Phone records.We had our petition sent back to the USCIS last year besides other reasons bcos i couldn't produce any call log.3 weeks when i had my 2nd interview after our petition was reaffirmed the consular only took & retained the call log & personal letters my wife & i sent to each other among the tons of proofs of relationship in my possession after which we were placed on AP.I'll advice you print the phone logs just the way you have it on your phone account.Before appearing for your visa interview try switching to other service provider that offers direct print out of call log.My wife & i use telephonenigeria powered by keepcalling.Why not also try speak to a US consular officer who often comes on Nairaland.com to see what direction he/she may give,this CO ha been helpful to so many.I hope my input is o value.My best wishes.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Even at the logs (chat, calls, etc) all you need is between 1-5 pages. I can remember someone asked the V.O on NL (Nairaland) a question about printing 2000 pages of either chat or calls and the U.S Consular advised that about a page will do.

Timeline

Thanks alot eveyone. I will looking into telephone nigeria and I will locate the consulate in naira land.com right away. Marie and Rufus when did you have your visa interview? and how long did it take to get it after your case was closed with NVC ?

Edited by liz asianya

Timeline

Even at the logs (chat, calls, etc) all you need is between 1-5 pages. I can remember someone asked the V.O on NL (Nairaland) a question about printing 2000 pages of either chat or calls and the U.S Consular advised that about a page will do.

ONE PAGE of phone logs will NOT do. The call log should span the beginning of the relationship to the current time.

The phone logs should be front loaded and the logs accumulated after filing the petition should be to the interview.

Don't put too much stock into someone from Nairaland who may or may not be affiliated with the embassy.

Go by the general consensus of experienced members and embassy reviews from members who have been through it.

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

I agree with you thank you. I am trying to figure out my best way to prove my call logs. I now have an account with rebtel to keep track history of my husbands number. No more buying calling cards from the store.

Timeline

I agree with you thank you. I am trying to figure out my best way to prove my call logs. I now have an account with rebtel to keep track history of my husbands number. No more buying calling cards from the store.

Have you called the old calling card company if they can send you the past itemized phone log upon notarized written request ?

Spoiler

Timeline

I didnt register with them. I called them and they said that only online registered people have call logs. I bought my calling card in the grocery store. Is it required by the embassy for everyone to get their call log notarized?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.