We Keep Receipts

The 9 Biggest Myths About ISIS Debunked

32 posts in this topic

perfect, thanks. For the hypocrisy.

Su and Marvin insults me with statements about polar bears and needing to "take a breather" as if I am a screaming banshee whereas me talking directly to the point is not common decency? You don't think Su and Marvin should behave decently, obviously.

Had a student turned in a paper on an acronym and did not define that acronym then I would have excoriated them on grading and the kid could appeal that all the way to the president of the university and would lose at every level.

I could not disagree more that the point of the article is that ISIS doesn't represent all Muslims. The primary purpose is obviously "Obama is not Responsible", with a lot of stupid window dressing packed around it.

I think you reap what you sow. You continuously cast the first stone. I actually think Marvin went easy on you based on what you've posted to him.

perfect, thanks. For the hypocrisy.

Su and Marvin insults me with statements about polar bears and needing to "take a breather" as if I am a screaming banshee whereas me talking directly to the point is not common decency? You don't think Su and Marvin should behave decently, obviously.

Had a student turned in a paper on an acronym and did not define that acronym then I would have excoriated them on grading and the kid could appeal that all the way to the president of the university and would lose at every level.

I could not disagree more that the point of the article is that ISIS doesn't represent all Muslims. The primary purpose is obviously "Obama is not Responsible", with a lot of stupid window dressing packed around it.

For someone who writes like a Psyche major, I can't understand you sometimes.

The polar bear and breather comment was lamenting on your previous rant about bears that had no bearing on the OP. Like I said, lately you've been all over the place. What's worse is I'm not the only one who sees it.

How did you come to the conclusion this is a Obama is not responsible article? They talk about John McCain as well. And a few other topics. Why are these topics stupid to you?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My point was you used to be more tangent than this. Lately you've been just attacking people and what they post. First you chide Janelle about ending slavery because someone in your family fought in the Civil War, then you talk about shooting polar bears in a thread that is talking about guns and PEOPLE, and lastly this mess.

I made my point. ISIS doesn't represent all Muslims. That was my point for posting the article. If you want to get intellectual about it, I'm here all day.

Incoherent. First of all this strange list of things, not even complete thoughts. Chiding someone for ending slavery? That doesn't even make sense. I have not to my knowledge ever talked about shooting polar bears either.

Obviously this is emotions coming through on your part instead of complete thoughts. I don't agree with you that your purpose was to tell people that ISIS doesn't represent all muslims. It is perfectly transparent that the point was to say Obama is not to blame.

I think you reap what you sow. You continuously cast the first stone. I actually think Marvin went easy on you based on what you've posted to him.

I did. Out of respect for what I used to read. That's why I'm trying to figure out what changed. If it was one of the motley crew, my response would have been profoundly different.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Incoherent. First of all this strange list of things, not even complete thoughts. Chiding someone for ending slavery? That doesn't even make sense. I have not to my knowledge ever talked about shooting polar bears either.

Obviously this is emotions coming through on your part instead of complete thoughts. I don't agree with you that your purpose was to tell people that ISIS doesn't represent all muslims. It is perfectly transparent that the point was to say Obama is not to blame.

My mistake for using the word polar:

rlogan, on 22 Sept 2014 - 2:18 PM, said:snapback.png

Perfect again, thanks. Proof again you have no response but childish taunting to people who successfully defend themselves:

Ridicule is not an argument, and in a thread about people defending themselves with guns I am precisely in the right for speaking to it.

The first time I had to shoot a grizzly was actually two of them. I had a moose down and was hiking back to the supercub to sleep in the back of the tail on a gravel bar in the Alaska Range. Wood River.

So I had the guts out already and the rib cage open with a stick and was going to finish it in the morning. I was hiking on a dry river channel so it had sides that were 3-4 feet high. Suddenly three grizzlies burst out of the woods into the draw, barreling for me. My first thought was to lean up against the edge of this dry channel bank and sort of pretend I wasn't there. Maybe they'll blow by me.

But no, they're looking straight at me. I was yelling "you better stop!" as I laid that rifle scope down on the one in front, the smallest one. I was surprised how well I could see through the scope on account of the low light, but I let him have it, and he summersaulted. ka-plop. The second and third blew by him so I took out the second. Much bigger, a female, and State Fish & Game put her at 3/4" shy of Boone and Crocket. I still have the tag from that one. She was wearing a radio collar that Fish and Game wanted back. They had been tracking her for years.

The third - my God. Talk about a whopper. The darkest grizzly I have ever seen too. Well, he stopped and I didn't shoot him. But he watched me skin up the other two most of the night, sitting up on the bank above me. Pretty spooky. So I had a .44 on my hip and the .375 laying on the bear I was skinning the whole time.

People live like this here, and it is you who are out of line for trying to make a whole state full of people out to be cartoon characters for the way they live.

You posted this in a thread that had nothing to do with bears. We were talking about people. Now for the slavery bit:

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:57 PM

Janelle2002, on 04 Sept 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:snapback.png

Free labor can give a lot of people a leg up.

which part did not help build the future wealth of America; free agriculture labor, building labor, child rearing, railroads, etc

Just asking.

just asking? heh. A rhetorical question, i.e. - making a statement, not asking a question.

Nobody in the USA I am aware of isn't informed on slavery. But not some gross misrepresentation of it as you are doing. The people who fought on the North were fighting to preserve the Union, which was breaking apart over just that issue: slavery.

People fought and died, sacrificed property, loved ones, casualties, etc. Millions of them. I have the family Bible passed down from a Civil War Colonel, on the side of the North. What has your family done to eliminate slavery? Mine led men into battle, suffered and died to end slavery. There was no slavery in their own state. They marched on foot hundreds of miles into gunfire to end it in other states.

So who are you to lecture me?

Where does this say it's an Obama piece?

Edited by Su and Marvin

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Going back and rereading it, I'm kind of surprised no one reported it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

Someone clearly has an unhalthy obsession with Obama.

And the only cure is more cowbell playing along with the tune of the elections in November. Which, will be sung in its entirety with a full accounting of all those big dog phony scandals. The elections in November song is sung to the same tune as try to remember the kind of September.

Edited by ExExpat

Filed: Timeline

And the only cure is more cowbell playing along with the tune of the elections in November. Which, will be sung in its entirety with a full accounting of all those big dog phony scandals. The elections in November song is sung to the same tune as try to remember the kind of September.

You need to go ask mommy if you're allowed to post this late, son.

I think most folks would settle for a touch of common decency and a little less derogatory content in your posts. Lately everyone of them is riddled with insults.

I think the same can be said for a couple of far left posters, that can not formulate a post without an insult, oddly, many of you who are so sensitive +1 them all the time. Yo As for rlogan I have not figured out if he is a liberal or not, so I am not sure if I am offended or not

Also if you all could post at night, since it is morning here, It would be appreciated

Edited by The Nature Boy