insipidtoast

Emergency DCF Timeline?

5 posts in this topic

Just dropped off a packet yesterday with I-130 and made the payment of $420 at the US Embassy in Lima. I present a letter of urgency and lots of supporting evidence. The lady working at the window handed back most of my supporting evidence after reviewing it for a minute, and told me that just my letter was sufficient for them to proceed with the emergency filing.

She said since we have an emergency situation that the process would be extremely fast, but she didn't give us any idea as to a timeline.

How long does an emergency direct consular filing take from the moment the I-130 is approved to the moment when a spouse gets their resident visa for the USA?

September 25th: I-130 Emergency petition filed at US Embassy in Lima.

October 3rd: I-130 Petition Approved.

October 10th: Consular Section sent checklist and notification scheduling my spouse's visa interview for November 13th.

I'm not sure for your country, but it's possible its going to move really fast. It's possible in the Philippines to get it all done, petition to visa in hand in about a month. Yes, things have to line up just right for that, but under normal circumstances it's possible to be done in a month and a half, still quick.

Just be ready, it might move suddenly on you, and keep in touch with the embassy to see when that movement might happen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

A lot will depend on the embassy, some are much faster than others, and of course also how clear your evidence is, both for the visa and the emergency. Another consideration is if your foreign spouse has any security checks that needs to be done, those cannot be expedited

I've sen one done in 10 working days filing to visa issuance/ pick-up in Ireland.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

A lot will depend on the embassy, some are much faster than others, and of course also how clear your evidence is, both for the visa and the emergency. Another consideration is if your foreign spouse has any security checks that needs to be done, those cannot be expedited

I've sen one done in 10 working days filing to visa issuance/ pick-up in Ireland.

OK, So we got our notification yesterday via email. A signed PDF from the Field Office Director stating that our I-130 petition was approved. The document also mentioned that they would inform the beneficiary (my wife) as to what she needs to do now. However, they haven't sent any information regarding the remaining requirements for my wife's visa. What requirements can we expect?

-I know they will ask for the Police records, Judicial records and Penal records of my wife.

-The I-864 forms and the tax and income evidence. One I-864 from me, the petitioner. One I-864 from my dad, the co-sponsor. And one I-864a form from my mother.

-A medical exam.

-The DC-230 Part 1 and 2, filled out by my wife.

-Visa interview

The lady at the embassy said that we will wait for a case number before we go ahead and fulfill the remaining requirements. Is this true? I doubt it, because she also said I could go ahead and start completing the I-864 paperwork.

What other requirements will there be? With what anticipation should the medical exam be taken? What exactly does my wife need to prove in the medical exam so that they approve her?

October 10th: Consular Section sent checklist and notification scheduling my spouse's visa interview for November 13th.

How much does the medical exam cost?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.