Rob L

Obama's election did not improve race relations

140 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

. Maybe if you dialed back the hate, you'd learn something.

What hate? You mean the hate written here ?

Critics of Islam and Sharia frequently claim that the Qur’an allows Muslim men to rape their female captives and slave girls (i.e. those "whom their right hands possess"). Westernized Muslims, however, are appalled at the thought of their religion allowing rape, so they insist that Islam prohibits this practice. Unfortunately, Islam isn't defined by Westernized Muslims; it's defined by Allah and Muhammad in the Qur'an and the Hadith. So instead of inventing a religion based on the feelings of Westernized Muslims and calling it "Islam," let's turn to the Qur'an and the Hadith to see what Allah and Muhammad have to say about this issue.

As Muhammad's armies raided town after town, they captured many women, who would often be sold or traded. Yet, since the Muslim men were a long way from their wives, they needed wisdom from Allah to guide them in their treatment of their female captives. Allah revealed:

Qur’an 23:1-6
—The Believers must (eventually) win through—those who humble themselves in their prayers; who avoid vain talk; who are active in deeds of charity;
who abstain from sex, except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess—for (in their case) they are free from blame.

Qur’an 70:22-30
—Not so those devoted to Prayer—those who remain steadfast to their prayer; and those in whose wealth is a recognized right for the (needy) who asks and him who is prevented (for some reason from asking); and those who hold to the truth of the Day Of Judgement; and those who fear the displeasure of their Lord—for their Lord’s displeasure is the opposite of Peace and Tranquility—
and those who guard their chastity, except with their wives and the (captives) whom their right hands possess—for (then) they are not to be blamed.

Notice that Allah commands Muslims to abstain from sex, except with their wives and with "those whom their right hands possess." Allah gave the same sexual rights to Muhammad:

Qur’an 33:50
—O Prophet! surely We have made lawful to you your wives whom you have given their dowries, and those whom your right hand possesses out of those whom Allah has given to you as prisoners of war ...

The Muslim practice of having sex with captured women is reported often in the Hadith, where we learn that Muhammad's only objection to sex with captives was his condemnation of birth control.

Sahih Muslim 3371
—We went out with Allah’s Messenger on the expedition to the Bi’l-Mustaliq and took captive some excellent Arab women; and we desired them, for we were suffering from the absence of our wives, (but at the same time) we also desired ransom for them. So we decided to have sexual intercourse with them but by observing azl (withdrawing the male sexual organ before emission of semen to avoid conception). But we said: We are doing an act whereas Allah’s Messenger is amongst us; why not ask him? So we asked Allah’s Messenger, and he said: It does not matter if you do not do it, for every soul that is to be born up to the Day of Resurrection will be born.

Sahih al-Bukhari 4138
—We went out with Allah’s Apostle for the invasion of Bun Al-Mustaliq and we received captives from among the Arab captives and we desired women and celibacy became hard on us and we loved to do coitus interruptus [same as "azl" above]. So when we intended to do coitus interruptus, we said: "How can we do coitus interruptus before asking Allah’s Apostle who is present among us? We asked (him) about it and he said: "It is better for you not to do so, for if any soul till the Day of Resurrection is predestined to exist, it will exist."

Sahih Muslim 3384
—Jabir bin Abdullah reported that a person asked Allah’s Apostle saying: I have a slave-girl and I practice azl with her, whereupon Allah’s Messenger said: This cannot prevent that which Allah has decreed. The person then came (after some time) and said: Messenger of Allah, the slave-girl about whom I talked to you has conceived, whereupon Allah’s Messenger said: I am the servant of Allah and His Messenger.

Clearly, Muslims were taking full advantage of Muhammad's teachings about female captives and slave girls. Nevertheless, Muslims eventually captured women along with their husbands, so they wondered if Allah would allow them to have sex with these married captives (since adultery is otherwise forbidden in Islam).

Allah gives his answer in the Qur'an:

Qur’an 4:24
—Also (prohibited are) women already married, except those whom your right hands possess ...

Here's the historical background for this verse:

Sunan Abu Dawud 2150
—The Apostle of Allah sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur’anic verse: “And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess.” That is to say, they are lawful for them when they complete their waiting period.

Thus, the Qur’an allows men to have sex with their female captives and slave girls, and the Hadith provides numerous examples of how this was practiced. Yet we must follow this fact through to its logical conclusion. Muslims decided to have sex with their captives, whom they were later going to sell. Some of these captives were women whose husbands and families had been slaughtered by Muslims. Others had husbands who had been captured by Muslims. Would these women gladly consent to sexual intercourse with men who had killed their families or taken their families captive, and who were simply going to sell them into slavery when they arrived at the next town? Certainly not. But since the Qur’an and Muhammad authorized sex with these women (and said nothing about seeking their permission), we can only conclude that Muhammad allowed his followers to rape their captives.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Why do people think one person can change an entire country's perception about race?

Obviously because he's black...

funny that you use the example of a celebrity, from tmz, to show that 'many if not most' are nothing more than 'entitled victimhood'.

Kind of tells you how he perceives people of other races...

Filed: Timeline

funny that you use the example of a celebrity, from tmz, to show that 'many if not most' are nothing more than 'entitled victimhood'.

Yes. Because there were only 43,100,000 other hits for that particular incident, and a mere 621,000 hits for "race card". :rolleyes:

(but counting your post, I guess it'd be 621,001!)

What hate?

You're having the race card played against you. It's useless to try to reason with a certain segment here; they've drunk the koolaid and like it just fine. <_<

Critics of Islam and Sharia frequently claim that the Qur’an allows Muslim men to rape their female captives and slave girls (i.e. those "whom their right hands possess"). Westernized Muslims, however, are appalled at the thought of their religion allowing rape, so they insist that Islam prohibits this practice. Unfortunately, Islam isn't defined by Westernized Muslims; it's defined by Allah and Muhammad in the Qur'an and the Hadith. So instead of inventing a religion based on the feelings of Westernized Muslims and calling it "Islam," let's turn to the Qur'an and the Hadith to see what Allah and Muhammad have to say about this issue.

As Muhammad's armies raided town after town, they captured many women, who would often be sold or traded. Yet, since the Muslim men were a long way from their wives, they needed wisdom from Allah to guide them in their treatment of their female captives. Allah revealed:

Notice that Allah commands Muslims to abstain from sex, except with their wives and with "those whom their right hands possess." Allah gave the same sexual rights to Muhammad:

The Muslim practice of having sex with captured women is reported often in the Hadith, where we learn that Muhammad's only objection to sex with captives was his condemnation of birth control.

Clearly, Muslims were taking full advantage of Muhammad's teachings about female captives and slave girls. Nevertheless, Muslims eventually captured women along with their husbands, so they wondered if Allah would allow them to have sex with these married captives (since adultery is otherwise forbidden in Islam).

Thus, the Qur’an allows men to have sex with their female captives and slave girls, and the Hadith provides numerous examples of how this was practiced. Yet we must follow this fact through to its logical conclusion. Muslims decided to have sex with their captives, whom they were later going to sell. Some of these captives were women whose husbands and families had been slaughtered by Muslims. Others had husbands who had been captured by Muslims. Would these women gladly consent to sexual intercourse with men who had killed their families or taken their families captive, and who were simply going to sell them into slavery when they arrived at the next town? Certainly not. But since the Qur’an and Muhammad authorized sex with these women (and said nothing about seeking their permission), we can only conclude that Muhammad allowed his followers to rape their captives.Sunan Abu Dawud 2150—The Apostle of Allah sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur’anic verse: “And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess.” That is to say, they are lawful for them when they complete their waiting period.

Provide links.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Yes. Because there were only 43,100,000 other hits for that particular incident, and a mere 621,000 hits for "race card". :rolleyes:

(but counting your post, I guess it'd be 621,001!)

what? i'm not completely sure, but i think you're using the internet wrong.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The premise of the story is to sell deodorant, toothpaste, and after-shave, not inform anyone.

Race-baiting usually works pretty good. A little girl kidnapped by sex pervert - that's the gold standard. That will displace race-baiting for weeks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The premise of the story is to sell deodorant, toothpaste, and after-shave, not inform anyone.

Race-baiting usually works pretty good. A little girl kidnapped by sex pervert - that's the gold standard. That will displace race-baiting for weeks.

Are you pointing to the commentary that I posted by Clarence Page? I thought is was timely, balanced and well written. If you are referring to another article, please disregard.

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Timeline

I think about 20% of the whites feel about Obama like the whites in Mississippi felt about James Meredith being the first black admitted to the University of Mississippi.

They became a lot more vocal when the blacks were stepping out of place which gave the appearance of deteriorating race relations when in fact they sucked to start with.

Is that a dangling participle or something?

Why do people think one person can change an entire country's perception about race?

Come on. Don't you think America coming to gether to elect it's first black President should improve things. I did not say change them overnight. We were hoping it would prove to Blacks that massive racism is dead, and prove to whites that blacks can be elected and remove race from their agenda.

Sadly Obama proved the last one wrong. Him continuing to inject himself in local matters, just because a black person is involved has not helped. Him making statements like, I care about TM because if I had a son he would look like him set the clock back years.

Can you imagine GWB getting involved in a black on white crime, and his reason being that the victim was white ?

Timeline

Qur’an 4:24
—Also (prohibited are) women already married, except those whom your right hands possess ...

Thus, the Qur’an allows men to have sex with their female captives and slave girls, and the Hadith provides numerous examples of how this was practiced. Yet we must follow this fact through to its logical conclusion. Muslims decided to have sex with their captives, whom they were later going to sell. Some of these captives were women whose husbands and families had been slaughtered by Muslims. Others had husbands who had been captured by Muslims. Would these women gladly consent to sexual intercourse with men who had killed their families or taken their families captive, and who were simply going to sell them into slavery when they arrived at the next town? Certainly not. But since the Qur’an and Muhammad authorized sex with these women (and said nothing about seeking their permission), we can only conclude that Muhammad allowed his followers to rape their captives.Sunan Abu Dawud 2150—The Apostle of Allah sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur’anic verse: “And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess.” That is to say, they are lawful for them when they complete their waiting period.

What's the point of being religious is you can't have a few sex slaves?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Come on. Don't you think America coming to gether to elect it's first black President should improve things. I did not say change them overnight. We were hoping it would prove to Blacks that massive racism is dead, and prove to whites that blacks can be elected and remove race from their agenda.

Sadly Obama proved the last one wrong. Him continuing to inject himself in local matters, just because a black person is involved has not helped. Him making statements like, I care about TM because if I had a son he would look like him set the clock back years.

Can you imagine GWB getting involved in a black on white crime, and his reason being that the victim was white ?

I was going to point that out. Not exactly a uniting statement on the Kenyan's part.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

i still don't get what's so horrible about that statement, never have.

You really can't understand why a sitting President basically saying, he cares about a local criminal case because the victim and he are both Black ?

The flip side of that is, if he had blonde hair and blue I would not care.

In other words I care only becuse of the color of his skin

surely you have to understand the gravity of what he said

Close your eyes and pretend it was a white President in a racially charged crime, and he said he cared about something he should not be involved in because the victim was white .

You really can't understand why a sitting President basically saying, he cares about a local criminal case because the victim and he are both Black ?

The flip side of that is, if he had blonde hair and blue I would not care.

In other words I care only becuse of the color of his skin

surely you have to understand the gravity of what he said

Close your eyes and pretend it was a white President in a racially charged crime, and he said he cared about something he should not be involved in because the victim was white .

you're blowing it all out of proportion. seriously, you equivocate 'if he'd been my son he'd look like me (which is completely true btw) to 'i only care because of the color of his skin'. what a leap! it was a racially charged case, yep. and the president is black and he empathized with black people. i don't know why that bothers you so much.

whenever a story or issue takes hold of the nation's attention and everyone is talking about it, eventually people say "hey why hasn't the president given his two cents on the matter yet". stop pretending like he can't speak as a black man just because he's president.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

you're blowing it all out of proportion. seriously, you equivocate 'if he'd been my son he'd look like me (which is completely true btw) to 'i only care because of the color of his skin'. what a leap! it was a racially charged case, yep. and the president is black and he empathized with black people. i don't know why that bothers you so much.

whenever a story or issue takes hold of the nation's attention and everyone is talking about it, eventually people say "hey why hasn't the president given his two cents on the matter yet". stop pretending like he can't speak as a black man just because he's president.

Can't speak as a black man? If a president is white, can he speak as a white man? The double standard is laughable.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.