Tighfield

Gathering and double checking my paperwork

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I just returned yesterday from my second trip to Vietnam. I'm nearing the time to send off my I-129F paperwork. I'm waiting for photos to be printed. I also need to get my divorce decree. But my questions are...

I have a divorce decree already, but earlier this year it was updated because of the child support increase. Should I still go get a certified copy of my divorce decree or use the one I have?

I'm sending the paperwork to Dallas. On the Letter of Intent for both me and my fiancee, does the address have to be the PO BOX or the Express Mail address? If I sent it Express Mail but on the Letter of Intent, it just had their PO BOX, would that be a problem? Just curious. As I already have the documents and letter my fiancee needed to sign, I would hate to have her redo this and send it to me.

I appreciate any and all advice from the VJ community. :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I just returned yesterday from my second trip to Vietnam. I'm nearing the time to send off my I-129F paperwork. I'm waiting for photos to be printed. I also need to get my divorce decree. But my questions are...

I have a divorce decree already, but earlier this year it was updated because of the child support increase. Should I still go get a certified copy of my divorce decree or use the one I have?

I'm sending the paperwork to Dallas. On the Letter of Intent for both me and my fiancee, does the address have to be the PO BOX or the Express Mail address? If I sent it Express Mail but on the Letter of Intent, it just had their PO BOX, would that be a problem? Just curious. As I already have the documents and letter my fiancee needed to sign, I would hate to have her redo this and send it to me. It does not matter which address you list on the letters of intent. You can even send it with no business address. The important part is that each of you have an original signed letter of intent to send with the initial I-129f paperwork.

Welcome to the forum.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

P.O. will go to the same office. If you send the package by express mail or other such premium route send it to the express address. Once you send the forms and fees in be prepared to learn patience. Good luck on your journey.

I'm sending the paperwork to Dallas. On the Letter of Intent for both me and my fiancee, does the address have to be the PO BOX or the Express Mail address? If I sent it Express Mail but on the Letter of Intent, it just had their PO BOX, would that be a problem? Just curious. As I already have the documents and letter my fiancee needed to sign, I would hate to have her redo this and send it to me.

Timeline

Thanks everyone! A quick question... again! Hehe. On the timeline, it says "Case number HCM #### ### ###". Well I won't know the case number until after these documents are submitted, so what do I do about this?

Thanks everyone! A quick question... again! Hehe. On the timeline, it says "Case number HCM #### ### ###". Well I won't know the case number until after these documents are submitted, so what do I do about this?

You dont need to put any number on the letter. Just put your name as the petitioner and your fiancee's as the beneficiary. You won't get the HCM number until your petition is approved, forwarded to NVC, and NVC has scanned your petition into their system.

Timeline

You dont need to put any number on the letter. Just put your name as the petitioner and your fiancee's as the beneficiary. You won't get the HCM number until your petition is approved, forwarded to NVC, and NVC has scanned your petition into their system.

Thank you! ^^

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.