andyhoa

vietnam k1 visa just sent it any input is appreciated

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

i sent my k1 visa on 9/22/14 i met Hoa on 3/16/14 i visited and proposed on 9/01/14 we had an engagement party with her whole family

i only visited her once for 3 weeks

we both have never been married aim 54 she is 37

i submitted photos emails and we talk on the phone everyday

what are our chances of approval from you guys out there

thank you very much sincerely martini

Timeline

I think that your chances are 100 percent. I am the same as you, not previously married, I was told that since I have never been married, and had no children, there would be no red flags -- and she would easily get her visa. We have the interview this Friday.

Our case:

08/28/2013: we met online
02/10/2014: he visited Vietnam for the first time
02/20/2014: we have a great engagement party

I forgot the date we sent our I129F, We were in TCS by the way.
04/08/2014: NOA1
04/10/2014: Alien Number changed
08/11/2014: transferred to CSC
09/11/2014: NOA2

Now we are waiting for NVC.

So what so you think about your case? Aprroved or not? :D

My and Truong
:) :D :star: :dancing: (L)

Timeline

i sent my k1 visa on 9/22/14 i met Hoa on 3/16/14 i visited and proposed on 9/01/14 we had an engagement party with her whole family

i only visited her once for 3 weeks

we both have never been married aim 54 she is 37

i submitted photos emails and we talk on the phone everyday

what are our chances of approval from you guys out there

thank you very much sincerely martini

Like Rich said chances are 100%. I am 51 and Linh is 37 and she has been here for 5 months now. No red flags and in my "older age" we are trying at children! Good luck in the process don't fret about any RFE's they happen and cause delays... don't be bashful to ask questions all will be fine!

Filed: Timeline

Like Rich said chances are 100%. I am 51 and Linh is 37 and she has been here for 5 months now. No red flags and in my "older age" we are trying at children! Good luck in the process don't fret about any RFE's they happen and cause delays... don't be bashful to ask questions all will be fine!

Hey, isn't 50 the new 40? I feel like I've earned my AARP discount!

Timeline

You might have kids sooner than you think. We already have a 2 month old son and we are going to try and wait 2 years before having another.

15055776666_0aef2b03b3.jpg

Timeline

You might have kids sooner than you think. We already have a 2 month old son and we are going to try and wait 2 years before having another.

15055776666_0aef2b03b3.jpg

Congratulations on your Happy baby boy!

Timeline

wow and thank you your you lucky man Congratulations on your Happy baby boy!

Thank you! And just for a update, we were just got back from the Embassy, and Mai got her visa. So we will be coming back to the US just as soon as Williams passport and Mai's visa arrive.

Edited by RichP

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thank you! And just for a update, we were just got back from the Embassy, and Mai got her visa. So we will be coming back to the US just as soon as Williams passport and Mai's visa arrive.

Congratuations!!!!

Edited by Longrangeshootr

event.png

Our Journey

K-1 Visa

09/13/2014 - I-129F Sent

09/16/2014 - NOA1

04/08/2015 - NOA2 (204 Days)

04/14/2015 - NVC Received

05/04/2015 - Consulate Received

05/12/2015 - Packet 3 Received

05/13/2015 - Packet 3 Sent

07/08/2015 - Interview - Approved (295 Days)

07/29/2015 - POE - Houston

08/03/2015 - Married

AOS

10/01/2015 - I-485, I-131 and I-765 Sent

10/05/2015 - NOA Receipt

10/26/2015 - Biometrics

12/28/2015 - Filed Service Request For EAD

12/29/2015 - AP/EAD Approved (89 Days)

01/07/2016 - AP/EAD Combo Card Received

02/16/2016 - AOS Approved (137 Days)

02/24/2016 - Green Card Received

ROC

11/18/2017 - ROC 90 day window opens

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.