mondix

NOA1 Question and next steps

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey guys--

Question:

1. If my most recent update on USCIS is that the Alien Registration Number has changed, should I expect some written confirmation of this in the mail? I don't think so, but I just want to be sure I shouldn't be expecting anything in the mail regarding this change.

2. We received NOA1 on September 11th. I'll be going to visit my fiance for Christmas, and I will bring him the entire I-129F packet, plus anything I can give him in preparation for the next steps and his trip to the embassy. Here are my questions:

• I-134 supporting docs: If I bring any I-134 supporting docs down at Christmastime, they will be dated in December 2014 - is there a requirement these supporting docs, and any other dated forms, be dated very close to the interview date? I can't imagine he'd get an interview until March 2015 or later, so should I hold of until NVC sends our petition to the embassy before supplying him with dated forms - i.e. letter of employment, letter from banking institution, pay stubs, bank statements etc.
  • Tax returns: I plan to bring him last year's tax returns, will this be okay if our interview falls within the time frame of tax filing, and I haven't filed my 2014 tax return? Would a 2013 tax return and 2014 W2's suffice? I want to know if I should rush to file my taxes in January.

Thanks for your help, guys!

Tai

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

1. No written confirmation. I am in this step of the process too.

2. I-134 supporting docs. I unfortunately don't know the answer to this. But i think it would not be a big deal unless in 2014 you made more than it would be better to put that income on the form.

Tax returns: It should be enough. Lots of people are saying that they ask only for the last years tax return at the embassy. Depends on the embassy though. If the interview falls in 2015 after you file your tax returns than you should definitely send him those. They do not have to be originals, so you can just email it to him and he can print them out before the interview. Also try to use IRS Tax Transcripts together with your W2's. It is the better way to go for the embassy, the transcripts are free to download from the IRS website.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

2. The I-134 has to be very recent. I don't know if there is an exact requirement....like 30 days, but I doubt they would accept one that's months old. You can take one to him at Christmas time, but don't be surprised if you have to send an updated one.

3. I have prepared the last 3 years of income tax transcripts and W2s. I don't think one year is sufficient.

I have the Jamaican Checklist update, but cannot find the required tax, work letter, and W2 for Kingston Embassy. Maybe one of the more experienced VJers from Jamaica will chime in!

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks Lioness!

I'm less concerned with previous tax years as I am with supplying the most recent one and what to do if we get an appointment during tax time. Just want them to know I'm still employed and over the poverty line.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.