sweetgal8

k1 visa petition expiration extension

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone! My fiance is in the u.s. navy and currently is deployed on a ship. Our K1 petition was approved in august which was faster than we expected. We are still unsure when he will be back. I need to send my consulate docs before scheduling an interview. He is unable to send me anything obviously because hes on a ship in the middle of nowhere. Since the k1 petition expires in 4 months, considering our situation and the current circumstance happening right now in the world, is there a possibility that they extend the petition? Even two months more would help. I sent an email to my consulate but still no response. I am not sure who I need to talk to about this.

*** I am the beneficiary ***

laB4m4.png

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2014-02-10

NOA1 : 2014-02-18

NOA2 USCIS Notification - Hardcopy : 2014-08-11 (174 days)

Case received by NVC: 2014-08-15

Case number assigned: 2014-08-27

Case left NVC to consulate: 2014-08-28

Received by consulate: 2014-09-08

Received Packet 3: 2014-09-12

Sent Packet 3: 2014-12-05

Received Packet 4: 2014-12-11

Medical: 2015-01-19

Interview Date: 2015-02-06 (APPROVED)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi! Ive been looking around and i found this post http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/334009-noa2-extension/.. in the second comment there is a link with an example to request to extend aproval of I129f.. I also found this other posthttp://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/444047-noa2-extension/... are u sure there is no way to get papers signed for him? Well i think that is really difficult :$ ..in my case my fiance wasnt on base (but he was in the US) to send me some papers but he asked for help to his friends to pick up his documents and even check his pobox for him, the good thing was my consulate didnt need any signed paperwork from him... hope you can get a solution

Timeline

I'll have to wait until they respond to my e-mail. There's no way for him to sign (original documents) such Affidavit of Support and the Letter of Intent which need to be signed within 30 days of the interview.

There's a checklist that I need to complete and send back to consulate before the expiration, but I do not have all documents so it would be considered 'dishonest' for me to send it and then delay the interview...

The only way would be to ask an extension... i've heard of some people getting it.

laB4m4.png

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Transferred? No

Timeline

Yeah i checked the package for canada... in my comment there are posts like yours and there is an example document to request an extension but it needs to be signed too u.u

Timeline

Hey! First of all Congratulations!!! That is great news. Regarding the issues you are having dont worry about it. You just need to follow some steps in order to make this happen.

What documentation is the one that he cant provide? I need a Little bit more information in order to help you. I am following the topic so I can reply ASAP.

Dont worry we will figure it out, USCIS is military friendly you just need to follow instructions and everything will work out.

Pamela

Timeline

Hey! First of all Congratulations!!! That is great news. Regarding the issues you are having dont worry about it. You just need to follow some steps in order to make this happen.

What documentation is the one that he cant provide? I need a Little bit more information in order to help you. I am following the topic so I can reply ASAP.

Dont worry we will figure it out, USCIS is military friendly you just need to follow instructions and everything will work out.

Hi Pamela! :)

They actually sent me a response to my inquiry..:

Dear Madam:

Please note that your I-129F petition will be automatically revalidated at the time of your interview. Therefore, you do not need to take any action regarding the revalidation.

In order to continue with the process of your case, please send your Packet 3 documents the soonest possible.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

I was pretty much relieved that they answered quickly. Well at my consulate I need to send a checklist with all required documents before proceeding to the interview.

The documents that I do not have:

1. Affidavit of Support:

He did sign the form and put all the info in prior to him leaving for deployment, but since we only sent it in February, we had the old form and it was updated recently. I am not sure if they will accept the old version of the form.

I also do not have his tax documents of 2013.

2. Letter of Intent signed 30 days before the interview

The other docs I can get.. like Police documents from my country....

We weren't aware that he would be deployed this long. We couldn't predict what happened... -_- obviously this must happen to me....

At least in the meantime I am working full time..

laB4m4.png

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Transferred? No

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

You should be able to request an extension. The potential problem I see is that our consulate required that I send a notarized document saying that I still wanted to marry my then-fiancé.

Can your fiancé go higher up and have someone official send you a letter saying that because your fiancé is currently deployed, he is unable to provide an original signed affidavit of support, but that they verify all the material within? If your fiancé has internet access, he should be able to type up any documents (are there scanners on board? could sign, too) and access his tax transcript and send to you.

Timeline

You should be able to request an extension. The potential problem I see is that our consulate required that I send a notarized document saying that I still wanted to marry my then-fiancé.

Can your fiancé go higher up and have someone official send you a letter saying that because your fiancé is currently deployed, he is unable to provide an original signed affidavit of support, but that they verify all the material within? If your fiancé has internet access, he should be able to type up any documents (are there scanners on board? could sign, too) and access his tax transcript and send to you.

I asked him. He said that they arent allowed to use scanners or fax. Its heavily monitored. He can only send emails through outlook. We have the affidavit of support but we used the old form. It might not be accepted. But its the exact same form as the new one... Edited by sweetgal8

laB4m4.png

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Transferred? No

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.