lostinblue

Brutal Kroger parking lot attack caught on camera,

446 posts in this topic

Nothing about my post states this is being brushed of. Where did I say race played no part? Please quote it. The only thing you heard me say there was another white guy there that was not attacked.

What does that even mean? Why point it out? Where's the significance in that fact?

There is no justification for the attack.

Great. Then can we please stop with the "at least a black guy stopped it" and "another white guy wasn't attacked" bullsh*t? As if that matters.

You know Janelle I imagine even if you and I had the exact same viewpoint on a subject we could still somehow argue and never come to a conclusion. I think maybe you enjoy toying with me. I went into more detail with my response because my fist post was a bit harsh (oh and sorry penny that first shot was also uncalled for) and I wanted to explain. Enjoy your day ma'am!

I think maybe this is what happened. Thanks for letting me know we are in the same book but just on different parts of the page.

What does that even mean? Why point it out? Where's the significance in that fact?

Great. Then can we please stop with the "at least a black guy stopped it" and "another white guy wasn't attacked" bullsh*t? As if that matters.

It does matter. It shows that all black people are not out to attack people and comment heinous crimes like it is always pointed out on VJ. Why ignore this?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Not true. When it's reversed, we're told not to judge the actions of those few. We're told to get over it, or even better, we get links of attacks like this which seems to justify such an attack. Anytime it's the other way around, it's blacks commit the most crime. It's let's look at what's wrong with black people.

When I or Janelle condemn this type of behavior, the same folks that will post this are the same ones who will find a way to justify it when it's the other way around.

For the record I was not referring to you...

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Outside of the usual suspects like LIB, I think everyone else here has tried to have an open conversation about this. The only generalizations and mention of "all black people" are being done by Janelle and yourself. None of us have stated anything remotely close to "all black people are this way".

That's who I'm talking about. You, penny and the rest of the crew don't have an issue with this.

Maybe it's time they should be brought in and had a conversation, or at the very least stop posting racial material. If me and Janelle bring it up, we're crucified. If the usual suspects do it, they're either ignored or encouraged by others. They should be called out about it. If more people stepped in and said what it was, then maybe they'd stop posting this trash.

For the record I was not referring to you...

I know, just pointing out what happens when the shoe is on the other foot.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

It does matter. It shows that all black people are not out to attack people and comment heinous crimes like it is always pointed out on VJ. Why ignore this?

This is not always pointed out on VJ. In fact I don't recall anyone here ever saying that. Even the worse of the worse have never said that.

BECAUSE NOBODY SAID ALL BLACK PEOPLE ARE OUT TO ATTACK PEOPLE AND COMMIT HEINOUS CRIMES.

Like I said, you are ARGUING against a statement NOBODY is making.

That's who I'm talking about. You, penny and the rest of the crew don't have an issue with this.

Maybe it's time they should be brought in and had a conversation, or at the very least stop posting racial material. If me and Janelle bring it up, we're crucified. If the usual suspects do it, they're either ignored or encouraged by others. They should be called out about it. If more people stepped in and said what it was, then maybe they'd stop posting this trash.

I believe they are called out, quite regularly in fact.

This is not always pointed out on VJ. In fact I don't recall anyone here ever saying that. Even the worse of the worse have never said that.

You've missed the blacks have a lower IQ thread a few days back. Black people being racist has been the most tame thing I've heard being here. Usually it's we can't read, act like animals, prone to violence, lazy, and stupid. Those are the comments that stick around. The more extreme ones get removed.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I believe they are called out, quite regularly in fact.

I'm watching you Teddy. If you don't condone every single racist thread, I'm going to add fries to the meal you owe me.

I'd threaten Penny, but she still scares the out of me.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

You've missed the blacks have a lower IQ thread a few days back. Black people being racist has been the most tame thing I've heard being here. Usually it's we can't read, act like animals, prone to violence, lazy, and stupid. Those are the comments that stick around. The more extreme ones get removed.

I haven't missed any of those threads, I'm usually one of the folks that says something against that type of racist posting. There's no doubt there are a few racists here, but no one has ever come out and said that "all black people are racist" or that "all black people are out to attack people and commit heinous crimes". Too much generalizing going on here.