lostinblue

Brutal Kroger parking lot attack caught on camera,

446 posts in this topic

I haven't missed any of those threads, I'm usually one of the folks that says something against that type of racist posting. There's no doubt there are a few racists here, but no one has ever come out and said that "all black people are racist" or that "all black people are out to attack people and commit heinous crimes". Too much generalizing going on here.

I agree.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

This is not always pointed out on VJ. In fact I don't recall anyone here ever saying that. Even the worse of the worse have never said that.

Ok. You are right. We never hear the 50% crime 13% population on VJ mess all the time. You are right.

I am so sorry for pointing out the black guy who tried to help the man who needed help. I will not do this again. Thank you for setting me straight.

Ok then. Please tell your people to stop behaving this way. :dancing:

On it. I need to get paid for this job.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

BECAUSE NOBODY SAID ALL BLACK PEOPLE ARE OUT TO ATTACK PEOPLE AND COMMIT HEINOUS CRIMES.

Like I said, you are ARGUING against a statement NOBODY is making.

You are right. Thank you for reprimanding me. You have made it clear no one on VJ has EVER made generalizing, poor statements about black people I am mistaken. I appreciate you for setting me straight and I can assure you this will never happen again.

Ok. You are right. We never hear the 50% crime 13% population on VJ mess all the time. You are right.

I am so sorry for pointing out the black guy who tried to help the man who needed help. I will not do this again. Thank you for setting me straight.

Janelle, you know you my cousin right?

Teddy is talking about the other ones who espouse this. He's not one of them. We can't lump him in with the crazies, lest we become like them.

Remember what I said? Temper it. Pick your moves. We're playing chess, not checkers. You're way too intelligent to get swept up in the mess.

P.S. It's cool as hell you can speak Japanese fluently. :thumbs:

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't think anyone would dispute that it's a good thing that someone intervened, because most of the time I think people pass on by. I'm not sure why it would matter if he is black, white or whatever. A person's race doesn't determine whether they help someone else, at least it shouldn't.

Neither does the black guy helping excuse the teenagers for the attack. They are unrelated individuals - the one doesn't cancel out the other, or make it less shocking.

Janelle, there is a very big difference from posting crime stats to saying that "all black people are racist" or "all black people are out to hurt people and commit heinous crimes".

The fact that a black guy helped is great, but really means little. No different than if a white guy helped stop a white crowd from beating a black person. It's nice, but really doesn't do anything to change the fact that a racially motivated attack just occurred.

Janelle, you know you my cousin right?

Teddy is talking about the other ones who espouse this. He's not one of them. We can't lump him in with the crazies, lest we become like them.

Remember what I said? Temper it. Pick your moves. We're playing chess, not checkers. You're way too intelligent to get swept up in the mess.

P.S. It's cool as hell you can speak Japanese fluently. :thumbs:

I am not talking about Teddy. I said except a few people on here. Should I have named everyone that does not. I would believe the ones who are not spreading the hate would automatically know I am not talking about them.

Let me see if I can do this off of memeory

Teddy

Spooky

Val erie

Penny

GrandD

and I may have left out some. Other than this, they know exactly who I am talking about. Yes, I brought up the guy who helped because I felt like it was important to show the black people that DO good things!

Fluently, nah. Advanced, yes. My hubbie and I still use Japanese as our main means of communication even though we can both speak English and Sinhalese. Japanese just comes easier to us.

You are right. Thank you for reprimanding me. You have made it clear no one on VJ has EVER made generalizing, poor statements about black people I am mistaken. I appreciate you for setting me straight and I can assure you this will never happen again.

You can drop the sarcasm and the condescension. I am talking about this story. This thread.

I also never stated that nobody on VJ has ever made generalizing, poor statements about black people.

I swear you're just making up arguments so you can get offended by them.

Janelle, there is a very big difference from posting crime stats to saying that "all black people are racist" or "all black people are out to hurt people and commit heinous crimes".

The fact that a black guy helped is great, but really means little. No different than if a white guy helped stop a white crowd from beating a black person. It's nice, but really doesn't do anything to change the fact that a racially motivated attack just occurred.

I would say yes, if a person is white and intervened or yes if a black person intervened it is great. It is freaking awesome! This means there is still hope.

I am not talking about Teddy. I said except a few people on here. Should I have named everyone that does not. I would believe the ones who are not spreading the hate would automatically know I am not talking about them.

Let me see if I can do this off of memeory

Teddy

Spooky

Val erie

Penny

GrandD

and I may have left out some. Other than this, they know exactly who I am talking about. Yes, I brought up the guy who helped because I felt like it was important to show the black people that DO good things!

Fluently, nah. Advanced, yes. My hubbie and I still use Japanese as our main means of communication even though we can both speak English and Sinhalese. Japanese just comes easier to us.

How you leave me off this list? And here I was sticking up for you. It's because I'm black isn't it? :ranting:

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I would say yes, if a person is white and intervened or yes if a black person intervened it is great. It is freaking awesome! This means there is still hope.

I agree and do understand you point of view in that regard.

You can drop the sarcasm and the condescension. I am talking about this story. This thread.

I also never stated that nobody on VJ has ever made generalizing, poor statements about black people.

I swear you're just making up arguments so you can get offended by them.

:rofl: Ok. This was really funny. And it is not sarcasm. I actually smiled.

Seriously, I am not making up stuff. Not agreeing with what the kids did. Racially motivated yes. Kids doing stupid stuff, yes. Black guy helped, yes. Another white guy, maybe an adult, escaped, yes. I am commenting on all aspects of the story.