pgupta

Filing I-751 with dependent Child

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello I will be filing I-751 (removal of conditions) soon for my wife. my wife has a 19 years old son, can i include him as dependent in one pettion regardless of his age?

How much fee i have to include 1 I-751 fee + 2 bio-metric fee?

Did her son enter as a K2 visa holder? If so then he has to be included on the same petition, unless he had AOS granted 90 days after your wife. Therefore it should be one application fee and two biometric fees.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello I will be filing I-751 (removal of conditions) soon for my wife. my wife has a 19 years old son, can i include him as dependent in one pettion regardless of his age?

How much fee i have to include 1 I-751 fee + 2 bio-metric fee?

As long as the dependent child received their permanent residency on the same day or within 90 days of the parent.

List them on the form in Part 4 and check the box 'Yes' for is the child applying with you.

Yes, just the one form fee plus a biometric fee for each of them. $505 + $85 + $85 = $675 total.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Stepdaughter received her conditional green card within 45 days after her mom, has to be less than 90 days to be included on the I-751. She was well under 18 years of age, just don't recall any age limits on the I-751, but well worth the check on this.

Sure was for US citizenship, she barely turned 18 years of age. So it was another 680 bucks, another 1350 miles of driving, and an additional two year wait.

Got me to think about ages, under 16 need the biological parent approval to get a passport, 18, on your own for citizenship, if a kid a day over 21,cannot petition for him, only the biological parent can do this and only after becoming an LPR. Makes me wonder who came up with these laws.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks All.

is it necessary to get Affidavit from Friends? I will be submitting following documents:

• Joint Bank Account Statement Copy
  • Joint Lease for Rental Apartment
  • Joint Lease document for Car
  • Joint Deed for our new house
  • Copy of Insurance showing her as beneficiary
  • copy of 401-K showing my wife as beneficiary
  • Copy of Indian Bank Accounts showing her as joint account holder.
  • copy of health insurance showing her as my dependent.

are these sufficient or i need to hunt my friends for affidavit?

Your case seems to be pretty solid. You can submit the affidavits if it won't be too much of a burden to obtain them. Anything that can further solidify your case helps, but what you have so far is great. Also try to make sure that these docs cover as much of the length of your marriage as possible.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.