SweetOpossum

K1 Interview Next Week / Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi guys,

I will be traveling for my interview next week… I am so excited! I have prepared all my documents and evidence and I will be taking off on Monday. My heart is pounding inside my chest, I am ready to continue this wonderful journey with the love of my life, now as his wife and seeing his sweet smile every morning. :wub:

Some friends brought to my attention the fact that I will be very near a US consulate on the 13th anniversary of 09/11 and mentioned some possible risk. If you have a moment please make a quick prayer for safe travels and a smooth interview.

I am looking forward to come back with good news very soon.

Philippians 4: 6-7. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Hi guys,

I will be traveling for my interview next week… I am so excited! I have prepared all my documents and evidence and I will be taking off on Monday. My heart is pounding inside my chest, I am ready to continue this wonderful journey with the love of my life, now as his wife and seeing his sweet smile every morning. :wub:

Some friends brought to my attention the fact that I will be very near a US consulate on the 13th anniversary of 09/11 and mentioned some possible risk. If you have a moment please make a quick prayer for safe travels and a smooth interview.

I am looking forward to come back with good news very soon.

I will send prayers for you, (F) , and good luck. Avoid crowded and be there at least 30 minutes before your appointment date. Good luck and keep us posted!

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

I will send prayers for you, (F) , and good luck. Avoid crowded and be there at least 30 minutes before your appointment date. Good luck and keep us posted!

Thank you!!! And cute cats by the way ;)

Philippians 4: 6-7. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Timeline

How long did you wait from the time the I-129F was filed to your interview date?

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

You'll be in our footsteps. We leave for Juarez tomorrow morning for our Tuesday interview. I thought to myself it was a bad time to visiting US Consulate buildings anywhere in the world but I had no idea the news would be so close to home. Without a doubt, there is no reason I would ever be in Juarez if the US did this Visa processing in Tijuana, Monterrey, and/or Mexico City.

Timeline

Good luck!!!!

Our prayers will be with you.

Thank you! I see your interview is coming up very soon too! I wish you the best.

Sending you good vibes and best of lurk with your interview. You are in my prayers.

Thank you so much, the best for you guys too¡

You'll be in our footsteps. We leave for Juarez tomorrow morning for our Tuesday interview. I thought to myself it was a bad time to visiting US Consulate buildings anywhere in the world but I had no idea the news would be so close to home. Without a doubt, there is no reason I would ever be in Juarez if the US did this Visa processing in Tijuana, Monterrey, and/or Mexico City.

Best luck in your interview! I will be there all week, luckily one of my friends lives in Juarez and I will be able to stay with her. Please update your timeline when you guys get approved! :dance:

Timeline

How long did you wait from the time the I-129F was filed to your interview date?

Hello!

We got engaged in January and filed the petition around Jan 20th. You can check my timeline:

NOA1: Jan 28th

NOA2: Jul 25th (about 180days from first NOA!)

NVC Received: August 9

Got case # from NVC: August 13

Consulate received: August 14

Consulate sent invitation letter: August 20th

Interview: Sept 12

If you dont mind I will give you this advice from my experience: Do NOT expect the process to be faster than the posted time. When we filed I was being overly optimistic, I thought our petition was going to get approved in 2 months (Regardless of the posted time of 5 months) ... So I started getting very anxious :clock: .

Best luck in this journey! Just remember every day you get closer to marry your love :wub:

Timeline

Actually, 7 months would be ideal (your situation) . If someone told me that I would be guaranteed approval after that length of time I would take it in a heartbeat. Please come back and post about your experience at the consulate.

Buena suerte!

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.