We Keep Receipts

Columbia University Student Will Drag Her Mattress Around Campus Until Her Rapist Is Gone

108 posts in this topic

But I feel like it's something women don't talk about.

can i just say, it definitely has been talked about in my immediate circle of friends who have sons.

Edited by val erie

All crimes should be investigated and the accused is innocent until proven guilty. That's the law and I agree with it. I can't speak for the others.

And I'm not trying to downplay rape. Appropriate and reasonable punishment should be dished out if found guilty. The realty of punishment for rape or murder, is that it will never really give the victim back that which has been taken, regardless of what it is. That's the unfortunate thing about crimes of this nature. The victim always gets hosed.

This is quite true!

Now, combine this with the perp not being charged you now have these feelings magnified by a 1000. This girl's mattress should be a building. That is a heavy burden to carry each day.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is quite true!

Now, combine this with the perp not being charged you now have these feelings magnified by a 1000. This girl's mattress should be a building. That is a heavy burden to carry each day.

Obviously someone getting away with raping someone is a travesty. I can't believe any rational person would think differently. The justice system will fail us often. It is out job to keep working on it to make it more and more resilient without stepping on individual liberties.

can i just say, it definitely has been talked about in my immediate circle of friends who have sons.

That's cool. You think they would have thought as much about it if they didn't have sons? It's a perspective thing. Men with daughters will take rape a lot more seriously. People that been affected by rape will certainly be very serious about it.

Obviously someone getting away with raping someone is a travesty. I can't believe any rational person would think differently. The justice system will fail us often. It is out job to keep working on it to make it more and more resilient without stepping on individual liberties.

I agree with you. Acknowledging that it sometime fails gives us the opportunity to improve it.

Edited by Janelle2002

Rape needs to be investigated and proven but when it comes to judgment and death on the spot by cops investigation is not needed? Contradictory actions and statements on VJ are becoming too common.

False accusations and real rape both hurt. However, a woman that is truly raped can rarely gain her life back while a male participating in sports can.

Trust is always a huge lost to a woman. How can she trust another man again? Not including the damage it does to the body and sometimes lots of reconstructive surgery, in cases of ####### rape. For young girls, the uterus is torn and many lose the ability to ever, EVER, have kids.

Actually since you brought the Michael Brown case into it, yes all we have ever said, is investigate the case, let the facts come out and deal with it . That is the opposite of what so many have called for it.

I want all crime investigated and the facts to come out. Rape, Cop shootings regardless. Real Justice, not this dime store lynch mob mentality insanity you call for . No I don't think man is automatically guilty because some woman runs around campus with a mattress on her back

Of course with you if the school looked at the facts and found him innocent, it just can't be right, he is guilty anyway because she said so

Same thing with the cop. Lock him up. Damn the facts

Actually since you brought the Michael Brown case into it, yes all we have ever said, is investigate the case, let the facts come out and deal with it . That is the opposite of what so many have called for it.

I want all crime investigated and the facts to come out. Rape, Cop shootings regardless. Real Justice, not this dime store lynch mob mentality insanity you call for . No I don't think man is automatically guilty because some woman runs around campus with a mattress on her back

Of course with you if the school looked at the facts and found him innocent, it just can't be right, he is guilty anyway because she said so

Please point this out. Is Michael the only person that has been shot and killed by a police officer?

If a crime is committed everybody has the right to being innocent until proven guilty and every victim has the right to a thorough, just investigation. For this man to still be walking around on campus, happily raping 2 more girls in the process is just crazy. The FBI should pick the case up and make sure it is investigated properly and if the girls are lying they should do time, but to ignore the accusations is insane.

That's cool. You think they would have thought as much about it if they didn't have sons? It's a perspective thing. Men with daughters will take rape a lot more seriously. People that been affected by rape will certainly be very serious about it.

i don't know. maybe, maybe not. now that i'm thinking of it all of my close friends have daughters and sons.

Timeline

There were some pictures of people holding signs that said this, true. It's not fair to say everyone or even a majority protesting felt that way. It's also not fair to act like everyone there or even a majority was involved in the rioting. It's also not fair to shove examples of these people down other people's throats that don't agree with them to begin with. There were many many many many examples of leaders and protestors asking those in attendance to peacefully protest and that's what most did. Life is always about a few jerks ruining it for everyone. Regardless of race.

There were some pictures of people holding signs that said this, true. It's not fair to say everyone or even a majority protesting felt that way. It's also not fair to act like everyone there or even a majority was involved in the rioting. It's also not fair to shove examples of these people down other people's throats that don't agree with them to begin with. There were many many many many examples of leaders and protestors asking those in attendance to peacefully protest and that's what most did. Life is always about a few jerks ruining it for everyone. Regardless of race.

Right there baby, right there.

i don't know. maybe, maybe not. now that i'm thinking of it all of my close friends have daughters and sons.

10574351_10152666907167943_5391180628628

The Governor of the state called for him to be vigorously prosecuted. The President of the united states sent in the attorney General, who met with the local protestors and echoed their call for "Justice"

So if the Governor and President wanted your nads on a fire stick, with zero evidence being presented showing you a were guilty.

I love the way you write, when you are talking about those in the wrong you minimize. You say it's not fair to call them a majority. Yet when you talk about those calling for calm you used many no less than 4 times. There were those calling for calm, and bless them

The majority of blacks i saw, were calling for him to be thrown in jail.

All i want is Justice. If he shot the kid with his hands in the air. Charge him with murder. I will be on board 100% If the Kid was attacking him, the gov, Jesse Jackson,Al Sharpton etc etc need to apologize.

Timeline

The Governor of the state called for him to be vigorously prosecuted. The President of the united states sent in the attorney General, who met with the local protestors and echoed their call for "Justice"

So if the Governor and President wanted your nads on a fire stick, with zero evidence being presented showing you a were guilty.

I love the way you write, when you are talking about those in the wrong you minimize. You say it's not fair to call them a majority. Yet when you talk about those calling for calm you used many no less than 4 times. There were those calling for calm, and bless them

All i want is Justice. If he shot the kid with his hands in the air. Charge him with murder. I will be on board 100% If the Kid was attacking him, the gov, Jesse Jackson,Al Sharpton etc etc need to apologize.

There is no evidence that anyone in an official role asked anyone to go around the justice system.

Please post the video of Obama and Holder asking for the police officer to be jailed without due process, collect go or $200. There is no such thing.

Jesse and Al are respected but all darker pigmented Americans do not "agree" with everything they say.

Again, please show the video of Obama or Holder asking for anything other than the situation to be investigated properly. For one of them not to show up to Ferguson, while military gear was being deployed on U.S. soil would have been un-American in itself. You just don't deploy military tactics in your own country unless your are a terrorist dictator.

Please post the video of Obama and Holder asking for the police officer to be jailed without due process, collect go or $200. There is no such thing.

Jesse and Al are respected but all darker pigmented Americans do not "agree" with everything they say.

Again, please show the video of Obama or Holder asking for anything other than the situation to be investigated properly. For one of them not to show up to Ferguson, while military gear was being deployed on U.S. soil would have been un-American in itself. You just don't deploy military tactics in your own country unless your are a terrorist dictator.

Neither showed up at the Bundy ranch. I suppose they are un American