Karee

Dallas police arrest cousin for murder of missing 5-year-old girl

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

And that was my point. Xenophobia, by definition can't be subdivided, therefore hatred for aliens can't be attributed to their immigration status. Besides, the very copy used by the OP does not issue any guarantees to the immigration status of the alleged criminal, one way or another.

It would make more sense than harbouring unreasoning hatred of strangers based on their immigration status.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think it is clear to anyone reading this thread who is being unreasonable here.

Yes, it is. Crystal clear.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

We'll all be friends when the real aliens come.

Independence day and Uncle Eddie will save the world.

Timeline

Congratulations on taking the easy way out. That was actually intended for you.

Why beat around the bush then? Feel free to point out the unreasonable part.

Edited by Karee

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If you think his response was reasonable there's not much to say. It wasn't.

All I said was its unreasonable to hate strangers based on their immigration status. I'm not sure why anyone could disagree with that, but there's always one. Hey ho.

Timeline

If you think his response was reasonable there's not much to say. It wasn't.

All I said was its unreasonable to hate strangers based on their immigration status. I'm not sure why anyone could disagree with that, but there's always one. Hey ho.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Timeline

And that was my point. Xenophobia, by definition can't be subdivided, therefore hatred for aliens can't be attributed to their immigration status. Besides, the very copy used by the OP does not issue any guarantees to the immigration status of the alleged criminal, one way or another.

Agreed. It's not a rational reaction.

I wish people would think things through properly before they open their mouths.

Timeline

I wish people would think things through properly before they open their mouths.

I agree.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think the unreasonable thing is tying this somehow to his immigration status. No he should not be here illegally. But no, illegal immigrants are not more prone to this type of behavior than legal residents. I don't know that anyone could prove that with any real numbers. Two separate issues.

Timeline

I think the unreasonable thing is tying this somehow to his immigration status. No he should not be here illegally. But no, illegal immigrants are not more prone to this type of behavior than legal residents. I don't know that anyone could prove that with any real numbers. Two separate issues.

I just think it's weird for someone to say they 'hate' illegal immigrants. People migrate (legally or otherwise) for all sorts of reasons - desperation and deprivation not least among them. I get people going through immigration legally are fed up with the perception of people south of the border jumping the queue (at least the appearance of that), but 'hate'. Really!?