1voice1life

I-130 September 2014 filers

465 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just my luck :(

I've entered the case # and Invoice ID # that NVC sent via e-mail but, when enter these numbers I get an error message stating that the numbers that I've entered doesn't matched the numbers they have in their records. I don't get this, I am entering the exact same numbers they gave. I tried calling NVC but I keep getting the same annoying message saying that they have lots of calls coming in so that I should try to call later. Has anyone had a similar problem with the case # and invoice id # ?

This happened to me as well, and it turns out I'd received the wrong IIN. I called back and got the correct number, and after that was able to log in.

When you call, you have to be prepared to call as many as 50 times in a row to get through. If your call connects and you hear the voice, hang up immediately and dial again (use speed dial if you have it). Stay on the line only when you hear the ringing. That means you've gotten through. The best times to call are in the morning when they open (7am EST) or some say at night, after 9pm EST, but I haven't had much luck with nighttime calls going any faster.

Also, when I was going thru the steps on NVC's web site from that letter that I've got. It says that first I should select an 'agent' I guess this is the DS261 form that everyone is referring to? It says after selecting the agent I should give NVC 15 days before I do the 2nd step which is paying the fee. Everyone else here made is sound like they are paying the fee at the same day as they fill out the DS261 form. Isn't that how it is supposed to be done?

Yes, the DS261 is the agent selection form. There are two fees you have to pay at the NVC. The first is the AOS. It is 120$ and should be available as soon as you log into your account. The second fee is invoiced after your DS261 is reviewed at the NVC. It's called the IV fee, and it's 340$. It can take up to 30 days for the DS261 to be reviewed, but you can call to have it reviewed over the phone if you find an agent who is nice enough. I did this after two weeks, some report success doing it earlier.

Below are the steps from that NVC e-mail that I've got.

Step 1. Choose an agent
Step 2. Pay fees
Step 3. Submit visa application form
Step 4. Collect financial documents
Step 5. Collect supporting documents
Step 6. Submit documents to the NVC
They've also sent another e-mail to me that had an attachment addressed to my husband with exact same information. Do I need to follow the above steps separately one for him one for me? I was under the impression that I will only need to pay 1 fee now and select the agent for our case (one form of DS261 as a joint form). Am I reading into this wrong? Can someone let me know please?
You will only need to pay each fee once (AOS x 1 and IV x 1). At the NVC both the petitioner and the beneficiary can call in about the case/be in charge of the case, so each of you will usually receive correspondence. They are sending instructions to the both of you, as you are working together on the same case.
Once you have an invoice for your AOS payment you can take the bar coded sheet generated and send in both your AOS and IV packages. Make sure you include the sheet with each package, as they will be separated. You do not need to wait for your IV fee to be invoiced to send your packages. The 30 days to review your file will start when your packages arrive at the NVC regardless of if the IV fee and DS260 (form that becomes available after the IV fee is paid) are submitted.
Thanks,

You're welcome. :) If you have more questions feel free to ask. Also, I advise you to give Saylin's NVC process wiki a read. You can find it by clicking the "wiki" link on the blue bar at the top of the page, and then finding the "nvc process" link on the page it brings up.

September 29, 2012 - First met through a writing forum
January 5, 2014 - Engaged!
June 27, 2014 - Married!

USCIS:
September 23, 2014 - Sent off I-130 package
September 29, 2014 - Priority Date
September 30, 2014 - NOA1
March 26, 2015 - NOA2
April 2, 2015 - Case shipped to NVC

NVC:
April 13, 2015 - Case Number/IIN received
April 15, 2015 - DS-261 submitted
April 15, 2015 - AOS fee paid
April 21, 2015 - AOS package submitted
April 21, 2015 - IV package submitted
April 21, 2015 - Scan date

April 30, 2015 - DS-261 reviewed over the phone

May 12, 2015 - IV fee paid (late due to "EP lock")
May 13, 2015 - DS-260 submitted

May 27, 2015 - AOS/IV packages still not reviewed, flagged for supervisor review

July 10, 2015 - Supervisor review does nothing, flagged for unit manager review
August 11, 2015 - Case Complete!

Interview:

October 6, 2015 - Medical

October 13, 2015 - Interview date (AP - need to submit copy of 2014 W2)
October 21, 2015 - Visa status changed to "READY" and then a few hours later "ISSUED"

October 28, 2015 - Passport received (was available for pickup Oct. 27)
October 28, 2015 - POE fee paid
October 30, 2015 - POE!

After POE:
November 9, 2015 - Received SSN (checked off option to apply on forms)
December 1, 2015 - Received Green Card

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer all my questions. I will check that link out to find out what is the AOS and IV package should cover. Because the cover page that was attached to my welcome letter had list of documents they want, this must be the AOS package I guess since it is the only document I've got as of now.

Best Regards,

I was finally able to get thru NVC. What they told me was that I have to wait 7 days after they sent me my case and invoice #s in order to enter the system and select submit the DS261 to pay the AOS fee.

Seriously, it must be just my luck :) Everybody else here noted that they were able to pay the AOS fee and submit the DS261 on the same day that they've got their case & invoice numbers. Is this a new practice? They make you wait 7 days before you can enter their system, can't help to think that they are coming up with new ways (excuses) to make people keep on waiting.....Testing my patience big time. Thank God I have lots of that :)))

Speedy process to us all.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was finally able to get thru NVC. What they told me was that I have to wait 7 days after they sent me my case and invoice #s in order to enter the system and select submit the DS261 to pay the AOS fee.

Seriously, it must be just my luck :) Everybody else here noted that they were able to pay the AOS fee and submit the DS261 on the same day that they've got their case & invoice numbers. Is this a new practice? They make you wait 7 days before you can enter their system, can't help to think that they are coming up with new ways (excuses) to make people keep on waiting.....Testing my patience big time. Thank God I have lots of that :)))

Speedy process to us all.

Hello!

The NVC is having a lot of technical issues right now. They've been having such trouble, in fact, that they've put up warning messages on their website. I know it's not any comfort to see that the systems are having difficulties right now, but at least you have the peace of mind of knowing you aren't alone in your troubles. I just got my issues sorted out after two weeks of delays, so a lot of us right now are feeling you.

I hope things resolve themselves asap. None of us enjoy this wait. :(

https://ceac.state.gov/iv/

September 29, 2012 - First met through a writing forum
January 5, 2014 - Engaged!
June 27, 2014 - Married!

USCIS:
September 23, 2014 - Sent off I-130 package
September 29, 2014 - Priority Date
September 30, 2014 - NOA1
March 26, 2015 - NOA2
April 2, 2015 - Case shipped to NVC

NVC:
April 13, 2015 - Case Number/IIN received
April 15, 2015 - DS-261 submitted
April 15, 2015 - AOS fee paid
April 21, 2015 - AOS package submitted
April 21, 2015 - IV package submitted
April 21, 2015 - Scan date

April 30, 2015 - DS-261 reviewed over the phone

May 12, 2015 - IV fee paid (late due to "EP lock")
May 13, 2015 - DS-260 submitted

May 27, 2015 - AOS/IV packages still not reviewed, flagged for supervisor review

July 10, 2015 - Supervisor review does nothing, flagged for unit manager review
August 11, 2015 - Case Complete!

Interview:

October 6, 2015 - Medical

October 13, 2015 - Interview date (AP - need to submit copy of 2014 W2)
October 21, 2015 - Visa status changed to "READY" and then a few hours later "ISSUED"

October 28, 2015 - Passport received (was available for pickup Oct. 27)
October 28, 2015 - POE fee paid
October 30, 2015 - POE!

After POE:
November 9, 2015 - Received SSN (checked off option to apply on forms)
December 1, 2015 - Received Green Card

I finally got approval on my I-130's from the RFE! Yay! so happy now on to NVC process

WOW CONGRATS!!! I´M STILL WAITING ON LINE TO BE APPROVED :clock: THIS IS KILLING ME!!

WOW CONGRATS!!! I´M STILL WAITING ON LINE TO BE APPROVED :clock: THIS IS KILLING ME!!

I hope you get approval soon! Wishing you best of luck, I kept checking online multiple times every day.

I hope you get approval soon! Wishing you best of luck, I kept checking online multiple times every day.

Thanks good luck to u too on the NVC process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey guys, How long does it usually take to get an IIN and case number at NVC? Our case was shipped on April 30th... Can I try calling them and get it over the phone? Thanks and good luck to everyone!

08/30/2014 Got married <3

09/15/2014 Sent our I-130 to the Chicago Lockbox

09/18/2014 Chicago received our petition

09/22/2014 Email: Acceptance Confirmation

09/30/2014 Received I-797C, Transferred to Texas Service Center

01/15/2015 Email: RFE (which we never got :angry: )

03/26/2015 Email: RFE (again, which, luckily, we got after 4 days)
03/30/2015 RFE in Mail, sent an answer the same day
04/03/015 USCIS received RFE response

04/20/2015 I-130 Approved!!!!

04/30/2015 Case sent to NVC

Has anyone had any luck in getting thru NVC web site to fill DS260 and pay invoice payment? It has been 2 weeks since I've received my case # and invoice # 2 weeks ago and can't gain access to NVC's forms. I've called couple days ago and was told basically to wait until they resolve the technical issues. This is unbelievable, what technical difficulty will take 2 weeks to resolve in this day and age. Even at 3rd world countries it won't take this long to fix a technical issue. I can't help to think that this is just another excuse to delay things for us. I don't get this at all........

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone had any luck in getting thru NVC web site to fill DS260 and pay invoice payment? It has been 2 weeks since I've received my case # and invoice # 2 weeks ago and can't gain access to NVC's forms. I've called couple days ago and was told basically to wait until they resolve the technical issues. This is unbelievable, what technical difficulty will take 2 weeks to resolve in this day and age. Even at 3rd world countries it won't take this long to fix a technical issue. I can't help to think that this is just another excuse to delay things for us. I don't get this at all......

Did you have any luck? I have not received anything from NVC for invoice and DS260, trying calling but I always get the they are busy and get hang up no matter what time I call...

• 2 weeks later...

Did you have any luck? I have not received anything from NVC for invoice and DS260, trying calling but I always get the they are busy and get hang up no matter what time I call...

I usually call back to back for at least 10 times only than I get thru. I've ended up mailing my AOS and IV fees because the web site was still showing error. I still can't access the DS260, because it shows that fees are not paid even though they've already confirmed the receipt of payments over the phone. I've asked if I can download the DS260 and fill out manually but they said it can only be done online. I got the same run around 'just wait for the web site error to be fixed'. However, this time the agent said something that I've didn't hear from the other agents before. He said that technical service is working on fixing the so called error case by case. What I think this mean is that the site doesn't have any technical issues, they just pick and choose who they want to give access to enter those DS261 and DS260 pages. It is very clever, they can control the application flow by using the technical issue excuse. They are the ones turning on and off a switch to grant access to whomever they wish....it is frustratinggggggggg....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.