skidroe

how likely to approve a visitor's visa?

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Rhettevoe,

I see another ill informed person, with no time line and has been no-where!

I did not say, "post a bond".,.,.,.,I said the owner of Estaca Bay Resort, had to place 250K pesos, in an untouchable account until she returned from California!

IT IS A FACT! I saw it.,.,.,.an officer does as he/she sees fit to you guarntee the return to the Philippines.

Been there! Seen it! Just because you can read a web site, does it make you right, who has been no-where, has no timeline, and just a poster on this site.,.,.,

The Officer has the "say" in what is required, and what is not.,.,.,.they have great latitude, and they do as thye.,.,.please. Been there! Seen it! HAVE YOU?

I rest my case!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Torete,,

To me you have little knowledge, as your time line is not even filled out, so I would firmly say you "have not been " to the Philippines, I spent 2 years there!

So, you wanting a specific "site" that says about what is needed for a tourist visa, is "proof that you are going to come back to the country, when the visa is expired! It does not exist!

To me, this is common sense, BUT all decisions is at the whim of the officer doing the interview, but what officer is going to grant some 25-30 year old, single woman, to come to the USA.,.,.,.1. Who is not a property owner.,.,., 2. Has significant land or monetary holdings in the Philippines. And yes, they will freeze a certain amount of your bank accout until your return.,.,.,..,"""What is so hard for you to understand common sense, and talking to someone who has spent significant time there, and saw many things..,.,..,.,last time, I am telling you, believe what you what, makes """"""""""""absolutely NO difference to me""""""""" as you just want to see a decision an officer would make.,.,.,.,.and they have the final say.,.,..,.,.Please use your common sense about this!

Your "grade school" comment of "gotcha".,.,..,.,was childish, and un-necessary!!!! And moderators, I did not start this, Torete did.

Gotcha!

1/ Not filling out my timeline = Having little knowledge AND not having been to the Philippines.

2/ I asked you to provide a citation in regards to needing to have 250-400 pesos be placed in an untouchable account. It doesn't exist.

3/ Other VJ posters in this thread have provided THE OP with accurate and citable information with regards to their initial question. It is my belief that they have done so.

So, to the OP, I hope that others have provided you with the input you need. Of course it is your choice to believe those of us that have "little knowledge" or "personal beliefs" about how the B1/B2 process works or believe those of us that have provided citable links or information as to how the process works.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can look up B2 refusal rates for a given Consulate, but not sure what that tells you, UK for example is quite high.

You want to know the figures for people with similar case to you, which may be high or low depending.

Gotcha!

Yes, I wasn't sure the link I provided the OP gave them any clarification or if there was a nexus to be drawn between a refusal or granted percentage rate.

You're a knowledgeable VJ member and probably have a better grasp than I do. I don't wish to provide incorrect information (99.9% of the time or otherwise) so I'll not comment further.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

All I know is that all these threads have one thing in common is that very little information is supplied compared to what the Consulate have and that we see a preponderance of seemingly dubious cases.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would have her travel to Singapore a couple times and show she will return home.

I would re try the Tourist Visa after the first one is denied, but make sure she has traveled to other places before she re applies

On a sidenote, If you go to Philippines please do yourself a favor and visit other girls, Keep options and back ups at all times.......

Not true about the money in the bank account. I had nowhere near those amounts and I got approved. Nobody asked to see my bank statements. I was just asked how much I make in a month and who is paying for the trip.

My stepsister also had about the same amount of money as I did but it didn't matter. Nobody asked her about that either and she got approved.

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

To the OP, how was the interview today?

AOS Journey:

March 30 - AOS/EAD/AP sent

April 2 - USCIS received

April 9 - NOA1

May 6 - Biometrics

May 7 - Case is ready for interview

May 21 - Request for EAD expedite

May 26 - contact congressman for EAD expedite

June 1 - EAD card in production

June 2 - EAD approved

June 6 - EAD/AP combo card received

Filed: Timeline

Not true about the money in the bank account. I had nowhere near those amounts and I got approved. Nobody asked to see my bank statements. I was just asked how much I make in a month and who is paying for the trip.

My stepsister also had about the same amount of money as I did but it didn't matter. Nobody asked her about that either and she got approved.

Hi..did the CO ask u how long uve been working in ur current job?

I don't think so. But I also can't remember if work tenure was asked on the application form.

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.