decocker

WATCH: SC police beat man in Walmart as horrified shoppers beg officers to stop

51 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Cops???? H## I only saw one cop do any punching.

The police were called....so there must have been an issue.

The guy was clearly resisting arrest. The punches were excessive(based on what we saw) but not to bad. The guy needed his A## kicked. To bad it had to be the cops.

Filed: Timeline

uh. i never said that this man was diabetic. do try and keep up. diabetes was brought up with regards to excessive force, how dangerous falling ill could be..in general.

obviously quite a few witnesses feel they saw cops out of line. while you may have mind reading skills, at least these people have video.

you didn't say he was diabetic, but you tried real hard to sell the possibility of it. then excuse him being an idiot because of it.

taser and then repeatedly punch in the head.

i found one comment on that article interesting, the commentor brought up that the man could have been diabetic. when someone's insulin is low, they can act drunk, disoriented. not that it really matters if he was in fact plain out drunk - all that force was entirely unnecessary.

like one commenter pointed out, diabetics in need of insulin can appear drunk.

but yeah, i'm starting to understand your angle. excessive force? nah..no such thing.

really, you think not? shows how much you know.

and you win the award for mentioning race first!

yeah. live with a type one diabetic ever?

(F) for free.

eta: gotcha.

if you're not trolling i don't know what else to say. if you've lived with a type one diabetic than you know that they can appear drunk and completely disoriented. you'd also know that they can even smell like old alcohol. Ketoacidosis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketoacidosis

Ketoacidosis is most common in untreated type 1 diabetes mellitus, when the liver breaks down fat and proteins in response to a perceived need for respiratory substrate. Prolonged alcoholism may lead to alcoholic ketoacidosis.

Ketoacidosis can be smelled on a person's breath. This is due to acetone, a direct byproduct of the spontaneous decomposition of acetoacetic acid. It is often described as smelling like fruit or nail polish remover.%5B2%5D Ketosis may also smell, but the odor is usually more subtle due to lower concentrations of acetone.

what about 'disoriented' don't you understand?

7yqZWFL.jpg

you didn't say he was diabetic, but you tried real hard to sell the possibility of it. then excuse him being an idiot because of it.

no, i was attempting to discuss how problematic it is for police to respond to an incident such as this with excessive force. you try to read stupid into everything i post so i understand you're only going to see what you want. but thank you for taking the time to requote everything i said.

i happen to believe we have a growing issue with police in this country, i guess you don't. we can't agree all the time my dear. (L)

:rolleyes:

:bonk:

no, i was attempting to discuss how problematic it is for police to respond to an incident such as this with excessive force. you try to read stupid into everything i post so i understand you're only going to see what you want. but thank you for taking the time to requote everything i said.

i happen to believe we have a growing issue with police in this country, i guess you don't. we can't agree all the time my dear. (L)

sweetie, what do you propose law enforcement do with an uncooperative suspect when arresting them?

7yqZWFL.jpg

sweetie, what do you propose law enforcement do with an uncooperative suspect when arresting them?

in this particular arrest, they tased him. that should have been enough. he was unarmed and on the ground. it doesn't require punching a person repeatedly just because they've 'resisted' and as a cop you know have permission to start beating.

seriously, did you hear all the customers asking the cop to stop?

in this particular arrest, they tased him. that should have been enough. he was unarmed and on the ground. it doesn't require punching a person repeatedly just because they've 'resisted' and as a cop you know have permission to start beating.

seriously, did you hear all the customers asking the cop to stop?

it wasn't enough. he was still resisting. what do you suggest? keep tasing him & make his heart explode?

They had the guy on the floor.

There were two of them.

They didn't need to beat the guy in the head.

what should they have done?

7yqZWFL.jpg

it wasn't enough. he was still resisting. what do you suggest? keep tasing him & make his heart explode?

what should they have done?

well then we're just going to disagree. i don't see the 'still resisting'

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

They didn't need to do anything, because:

They.

Had.

The.

Guy.

On.

The.

Floor........

I guess if you believe that the man has to be totally senseless before he is considered 'successfully arrested' then the beating makes perfect sense!

I guess if you believe that the man has to be totally senseless before he is considered 'successfully arrested' then the beating makes perfect sense!

explains why some end up so brutally beaten, a twitch or moan after the first five punches to the ear can be interpreted as 'still resisting'.

rolling to his back and not complying IS resisting.

They didn't need to do anything, because:

They.

Had.

The.

Guy.

On.

The.

Floor........

it takes cuffs on the wrists & being read miranda rights to be 'successfully arrested'. the video didn't show that did it?

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Why did they need to beat the guy in the head? Was it necessary to do that? Could they not have cuffed the man, given that they had already subdued him on the floor?

Why are the eyewitness bystanders telling them to stop hitting him?