decocker

WATCH: SC police beat man in Walmart as horrified shoppers beg officers to stop

51 posts in this topic

According to Greenville County Master Deputy Jonathan Smith, a second deputy tasered the man when he resisted arrest. In the video, officers can be seen wrestling with the man on the ground as one officer repeatedly punches the man in the head as one shopper can be heard saying, “Please don’t punch him like that. Please don’t. Don’t punch him no more.”

According to one witness, he thought the police went too far.

“There were a lot of women in tears saying ‘hey, stop stop,”said David Chimera. “There was no call for that, I don’t know why they did it.”

According to authorities the man, whose identity was not released, was taken to a Greenville hospital for observation.

Smith said the investigators are reviewing the cell phone videos as well as security camera footage from Walmart and would have no comment until the review was complete.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/25/watch-sc-police-beat-man-in-walmart-as-horrified-shoppers-beg-officers-to-stop/

The police force can't control themselves anymore. They also have to taser everyone including grandmothers these days ..... very sad path they have taken.

Funny-quotes-Daffy-Duck.jpg

The police force can't control themselves anymore. They also have to taser everyone including grandmothers these days ..... very sad path they have taken.

taser and then repeatedly punch in the head.

i found one comment on that article interesting, the commentor brought up that the man could have been diabetic. when someone's insulin is low, they can act drunk, disoriented. not that it really matters if he was in fact plain out drunk - all that force was entirely unnecessary.

Don't worry. Soon they'll dig into his background and find out he has a parking ticket from back in 1986, which will justify his treatment by the police.

#noangel

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

i'd just like to dig back 2 minutes & see what happened before the video started.

Sounds like he was acting irrationally and resisting arrest. But I don't know for sure.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

he was being very cooperative in the video. I just want to know his demeanor prior.

According to the police report, the man had been acting erratically in front of the store and appeared to be intoxicated or under the influence of drugs. The man told a responding deputy “I’m 911,” before entering the store at which time officers decided to take him into custody.

oh ok. he wasn't doing anything out of the norm....

like one commenter pointed out, diabetics in need of insulin can appear drunk.

but yeah, i'm starting to understand your angle. excessive force? nah..no such thing.

Don't worry. Soon they'll dig into his background and find out he has a parking ticket from back in 1986, which will justify his treatment by the police.

#noangel

I'm calling BS. That had to be a fake video. Did no one but me notice that the guy they were beating was NOT BLACK???

Even with a link, I say it never happened... :devil:

Edited by DavenRoxy

Filed: Timeline

like one commenter pointed out, diabetics in need of insulin can appear drunk.

but yeah, i'm starting to understand your angle. excessive force? nah..no such thing.

do diabetics act a fool, then tell cops that they are 911 when they show up? then walk into crowded stores after being told not to and resist arrest regularly?....I think not

7yqZWFL.jpg

do diabetics act a fool, then tell cops that they are 911 when they show up? then walk into crowded stores after being told not to and resist arrest regularly?....I think not

really, you think not? shows how much you know.

I'm calling BS. That had to be a fake video. Did no one but me notice that the guy they were beating was NOT BLACK???

Even with a link, I say it never happened... :devil:

and you win the award for mentioning race first!