12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Libya
Timeline

I found the information to answer that question .. my next question is this part 2 - Application type-

Some background- We are filing the I-130, 864, 485. 765, and 131 together . Is he supposed to choose 1a "I am a permanent resident or conditional resident of the United States, and i am applying for a reentry permit"

he has nothing to do with refuge, asylee, or parole statuses.

thanks in advance!

Sarah

Timeline

Part 2 of 131 would be 1d

Part 2 of 131 item 1d is - "applying for an advance parole document to allow me to return to the United States after temporary foreign travel" << I was confused by the term "parole" ... Basically we are married now, but we would like to take a honey moon next year, he would like to visit his family some time, and we have a wedding out of the country in 2015 . Would this still apply ? We have no out of the country plans yet - because we aren't sure if he will get back in! But naturally we'd like to start planning our honey moon.

Thanks in advance Todd !!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yes, would still apply. Your just wanting temporary "parole", or the ability to travel outside the US, AND return until green card is received. Hopefully the wedding you will attend in 2015...green card will have already been issued.

Just confused a little by the forms you are submitting at the same time. Specifically 130, and 485. 130 for married spouse to enter country. 485 to adjust status???

Your spouse is already here, and married?

~~moved to AOS from tourist, student, or work visa from IR1/CR1 process and procedures~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Yes, would still apply. Your just wanting temporary "parole", or the ability to travel outside the US, AND return until green card is received. Hopefully the wedding you will attend in 2015...green card will have already been issued.

Just confused a little by the forms you are submitting at the same time. Specifically 130, and 485. 130 for married spouse to enter country. 485 to adjust status???

Your spouse is already here, and married?

He has been here since 2010- hasn't left the country. We dated for two years and got married on Aug 9. It is my understanding I must petition (I-130) and he must file the 485. Do I understand wrong?

Meant to say...this 131...yes good to have even if you dont have definitive plans.

Good to know! I was thinking of not filing that one but between you and everyone else, I guess I am going to file for that. I did fill it out .. well what I could understand any way, might as well !!

Class of admission is what visa he arrived on.

You file the I-130 and I-485 together. It is true that the I-130 is from your point of view, and the I-485 is from his. But it is a huge package all sent together, in the same envelope, to the same place.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Class of admission is what visa he arrived on.

You file the I-130 and I-485 together. It is true that the I-130 is from your point of view, and the I-485 is from his. But it is a huge package all sent together, in the same envelope, to the same place.

Ahh thanks again Harpa !!! I may just get these forms finished tonight at this rate !!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.