DavenRoxy

Racists attack man just for walking thru their neighborhood

119 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

i hope you aren't under the impression that only minorities can apply for and benefit from public assistance.

Since 2008, the number of Americans receiving US public assistance has skyrocketed. Today, the top of those charts live in outer-space. There is an increasing perception among the youth of America that it's the job of the US government to take care of them. Further evidence that the roles and responsibilities of the American population has been reversed.

2uzysux.jpg
1hte2a.jpg

Since 2008, the number of Americans receiving US public assistance has skyrocketed. Today, the top of those charts live in outer-space. There is an increasing perception among the youth of America that it's the job of the US government to take care of them. Further evidence that the roles and responsibilities of the American population has been reversed.

2uzysux.jpg
1hte2a.jpg

and there is clearly a row for 'percent of recipients who are white' - did you mean to post this for karee?

and there is clearly a row for 'percent of recipients who are white' - did you mean to post this for karee?

I posted for public consumption. The chart shows the percentage of whites and blacks receiving public assistance is about equal. However, there is a lot of controversy in the method used in collecting ethnic data these days as many hispanics are considered white. The charts also show a trend that should make the blood of any hard working American boil. Our country was built on the backbone of the Great Depression, where there was no public assistance available, and nothing expected. People worked to help each other. That is why I referred to roles and responsibilities of Americans being reversed.

There has been one or maybe two news stories recently about an invasion happening on our southern border. People seemingly crossing with the full assistance of our government and then ferried to different locations to meld in with the population. None of these thousands of people filed paperwork for Visa, paid fees, or stood in line. They simply cross and have a new home. In addition to this hidden mass movement, there has been a deliberate attempt to conceal the real identities of the people of America. With these new definitions, we can have no idea whatsoever just who is who, because those who have invaded our country can now be considered white.

20rv8no.jpg

http://www.latinostories.com/Latino_Facts_and_Statistics/Census_Stats_Latinos/Definition_of_Hispanic_Origin.htm

How is it that over 12 million illegal aliens can come to America with nothing and thrive, with no public assistance, no hand outs. Yet the excuse is black people commit crime because they live in poverty and can't get out. That's BS. Of course we will be told, it's because America hates black people, yet oddly enough the blacks that immigrate from Africa, also thrive.

Illegal aliens 'thrive'? I presume you mean undocumented migrants and by that I also presume you are referring to the % of that number who are from South of the border who originate in Middle and South America? What version of thriving are we using here?

No one ls telling you that America hates black people. What you are being asked to consider is that there is a legacy of systemic poverty amongst certain communities as a result of previous American government's policy of considering these people as unworthy of full rights and citizenship. You are also asked to consider how quickly it is reasonable to expect that this community wide lack of resources can dissipate when you consider that there is still discrimination against employing people from these communities (not universal but notable), that these people largely live in areas that have suffered from economic downturn, and that jumping from one economic strata to another is, despite the myth that America is the land of opportunity, less common than amongst other Western Societies?

What seems to be part of the problem and this is a problem that all America should consider, is that since Thatcher/Reagan people are expected to operate entirely as individuals. Well, that's fine if you want a society that is disparate, uncaring of its fellows and prepared to abandon family relationships to hop from one low paid job to another. Do we really expect a sense of community, of helping family members and the wider community both persons and environment if at the same time we are saying, if there is no work for you where you are, just move somewhere where there is work? That's so much of a nonsense it's head scratchingly stupid. It's fine to have a small portion of the population hopping about looking for work, but not the percentage that need to find work now.

There is no magic solution, you'll not find a solution from any politician either, they just patch up the problems as best they can but the very least we can do is recognise the problem and not assign blame to people who struggle merely because they don't share the same cultural heritage.

Illegal aliens 'thrive'? I presume you mean undocumented migrants and by that I also presume you are referring to the % of that number who are from South of the border who originate in Middle and South America? What version of thriving are we using here?

No I meant illegal aliens. I don't do cute little pseudo words, that somehow hope to paint a picture that is completely false.

They come in this country by the millions, and are able to survive with out govt asst. They very soon own businesses, cars etc.

No I meant illegal aliens. I don't do cute little pseudo words, that somehow hope to paint a picture that is completely false.

They come in this country by the millions, and are able to survive with out govt asst. They very soon own businesses, cars etc.

There are by far more poor whites in America than any other race. Keep in mind that represents 15% of all whites in the USA versus 37% of all blacks. Percentages can be very deceiving however, so it's important to use real numbers.

In the year 2000

15% of White Population = 29,182,916

37% of Black Population = 12,560,699

As you can see that even though the rate of poverty among blacks is more than double that of whites, that the total number of whites living under poverty is more than double that of blacks.

Current population living under poverty:

White population = 223,553,265
Current white povery = 33,532,989
Current black population = 38,929,319
Black poverty = 14,403,848

The statistics show that whites are getting poorer at a faster rate than blacks.

2nvqhqe.jpg
2ykdu2p.jpg
29eraxi.jpg

Now superimpose crime statistics by economic status on these poverty rates and I think you'll get bingo. Poverty leads to the types of social crimes that people are concerned about. Interestingly though, crime rates as a whole have declined in most western socieities. How to explain this conundrum? There are some interesting studies that look at this very issue, and there is a very interesting hypothesis that a lot of the drop in crime is down with the initial cost of desirable commodities and their resale value.

Now superimpose crime statistics by economic status on these poverty rates and I think you'll get bingo. Poverty leads to the types of social crimes that people are concerned about. Interestingly though, crime rates as a whole have declined in most western socieities. How to explain this conundrum? There are some interesting studies that look at this very issue, and there is a very interesting hypothesis that a lot of the drop in crime is down with the initial cost of desirable commodities and their resale value.

You show a new definition of "You can't get there from here." I follow the road map of common sense that is easy to understand. That is, if you break the law you should be subjected to the consequences. As much as you may try to victimize lawbreakers to poverty, that connection doesn't pass the smell test for those who successfully raised a law abiding families under poverty. Boot straps, personal responsibility, positive role models have always been the key to success.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Interestingly though, crime rates as a whole have declined in most western socieities. How to explain this conundrum? There are some interesting studies that look at this very issue, and there is a very interesting hypothesis that a lot of the drop in crime is down with the initial cost of desirable commodities and their resale value.

Could it have anything to do with longer prison sentences and mandatory minimums? It's hard for people that are doing 30 years to commit crimes. I'm speaking specifically about the U.S.

ETA: Also, what could be the explanation for low crime in countries where poverty is the norm, not 20% or so?

Edited by Karee

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

I know quite a few like this out here in suburbia. They work their asses off and most still manage to send money back to their home country.

Edited by spookyturtle

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Maybe there had been a lot of white crime in their neighborhood and they were just standing their ground as the neighborhood watch.