Yoveeta

K1 visa in process and work visa

7 posts in this topic

As my Visa application takes times, and we still will have some delays, while I can move to USA, i decided to changed jobs, thinking in the future, that i can cary on with same carrier in USA. I'm applying for crew cabin work in British Airways, one of their requirements is be able to obtain USA visa. Will it be work visa? And will i have problems to obtain it, if im in process of K-1 , or even when i get it (as i'm only going to use it when i will move in to USA). I'm a bit confused now..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Ask them, B is no different to VWP.

C/D is possible.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I assume you'll be moving with a K1 and adjusting status to a green card? Will you be able to maintain US residency? You have to prove that you spend more time in the US than outside the US or risk abandoning permanent residency status. Continuing to work for a UK based flight crew that doesn't do huge domestic business int he US may be challenging? Perhaps you can fly with their partner American Airlines...just want to make sure you've thought this through long-term!

K1 Visa Process AOS Process

Mar 18 2013: I-129F mailed to CSC Nov 15 2013: I-485 with EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox

Sept 19 2013: Interview - Approved!! Jan 25 2014: EAD/AP Card Received

Oct 6 2013: POE - Chicago O'Hare June 2 2014: Permanent Resident Card Received!

Oct 27 2013: Wedding!

Also, once you enter with K1, you'd apply for AOS with EAD/AP (work and travel authorization). This will take up to 3 months from application. There is an expedite option, but I'm not sure of the logistics. Your green card will take anywhere from a few months to a year to receive.

Also, I'd imagine trying to get a non-immigrant travel visa would be challenging with intent to immigrate apparent through your K1.

K1 Visa Process AOS Process

Mar 18 2013: I-129F mailed to CSC Nov 15 2013: I-485 with EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox

Sept 19 2013: Interview - Approved!! Jan 25 2014: EAD/AP Card Received

Oct 6 2013: POE - Chicago O'Hare June 2 2014: Permanent Resident Card Received!

Oct 27 2013: Wedding!

Filed: Timeline

A transit/crew visa (C1/D) cannot be used to live and work in the US. You can be admitted as a crew member (D status) only when you are arriving as part of a working crew. While it allows you to stay in the U.S. until your outbound flight, it isn't intended for those who will be based in the U.S. and flying out of the U.S. to other countries and then back to their U.S. residence, which is what it seems like you plan to do. BA would likely not schedule you that way, anyway -- they know the laws and don't want to get in trouble with any of their crew visas.

To qualify for the C1/D, you have to be based outside the U.S. with no intention of residing in the U.S. (i.e., it is a non-immigrant visa). The K1, while processed as a non-immigrant visa, it expresses an intent to reside in the U.S. as a permanent resident after marriage. So, you might have a problem convincing the visa officer of your qualifications for the C1/D anyway. Possibly need to re-think your plans.

The think is , after i move in to USA, im going to quit work at BA, and find work in american company.. But for thouse 6 months, witch i will be spending here, i want to work in BA, and they might offer me to do long haul flights, or i just ask them not to sent me to USA aiports .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.